News: ESPN - Cowboys paid $2.4m to settle 2015 cheerleaders' voyeurism allegations against Rich Dalrymple

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got the impression from the audio that a former employee tipped off the reporter. That former employee could have been a former coach, trainer, janitor, security, etc. I didn't get th he impression it was one of the cheerleaders, if I heard it correctly. My question is, who tipped off the reporter and why now?
The reporter said "former exec" with the team so that would mean they had access to the information. As to their motive? Either against Dalrymple or the club but it is a situation with a lot of smoke and ESPN hunting for the fire.

The why now part seems to center around Wilkinson, representing the Cowboys, calling the reporter about his interest in the incidents. Someone the reporter talked to got that back to the team and Wilkinson seems to be the point man and spokesperson regarding this. He works for a crisis management company.

The timeline isn't clear to me about when the reporter was contacted by the ex exec and how that fits with Dalrymple's retirement announcement and the fact the Joneses had nothing to say about that to the media. That's one hell of a red flag with these people.

I am sure they just want this to go away but Booger prides himself on using the media to promote himself and the team, that comes with a price.

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I am in no way defending the peeping tom... I also do not like these civil suits. IMO its too easy for rich guys to just fork out a little cash to make the problem go away. Woman that are eager to accept these cash payouts instead of filing criminal charges only keep this bahavior going... but they would much rather have the cash to help them deal with their "Trauma."

Still a little too much finger pointing at the victims for my taste.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Oh okay. So yeah how did the reporter get the NDA and why now? Those are questions I want answered. Also why didn't the Cowboys release their full findings to the reporter, such as how long Rich was in the dressing room and what the disciplinary letter said. There's a lot of hiding going on and shady timing.
why didnt the cowboys release the info? Because there is no need to.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or the evidence doesn't support what Wilkinson is telling this reporter. I don't think any video of that draft stream still exists.

There is another side of this as well. What if Dalrymple was caught on that stream feed doing what was alleged. This guy has been his right hand for as long as he's owned the team and the shock, and I would assume pain, of seeing that would be ground shaking for Booger.

And what if Dalrymple has been going through therapy for voyeurism and it really wasn't about Booger's daughter but his obsession? There is a possibility Booger cares for this man and doesn't want to see his life destroyed.

However, the fact that they basically ignored his announcement and had nothing to say about him at all is a real red flag.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Still a little too much finger pointing at the victims for my taste.
I'm actually feeling disappointment in that poster right now.
Sorry.
He's going too far in his narrative IMO.

plymkr

Reaction score
Why aren't they being transparent? If a crime was not committed wouldn't they want to cooperate to squash it? Them not being transparent is giving the impression that a cover up took place. If no cover up and no misconduct took place then why the withholding of information.

Look I love the Cowboys too but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Blaming or downplaying the victims and standing up for the perps is not what I signed up for. If you want too that's cool but it's not me. We complain about a lack of accountability with the players and coaches for bad play but when Jerry covers up a scandal involving a FO member then fans don't want Jerry to be accountable. This is why the franchise is where it is because the fans, media and everyone else is willing to let Jerry slide is contributing to the lack of accountability. If we as fans are cool with this then there's never going to be accountability in this organization.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Or the evidence doesn't support what Wilkinson is telling this reporter. I don't think any video of that draft stream still exists.

There is another side of this as well. What if Dalrymple was caught on that stream feed doing what was alleged. This guy has been his right hand for as long as he's owned the team and the shock, and I would assume pain, of seeing that would be ground shaking for Booger.

And what if Dalrymple has been going through therapy for voyeurism and it really wasn't about Booger's daughter but his obsession? There is a possibility Booger cares for this man and doesn't want to see his life destroyed.

However, the fact that they basically ignored his announcement and had nothing to say about him at all is a real red flag.

id say the fact they paid a 2.4 million dollar settlement is a red flag... but who cares? An employee did something stupid and his employer had to pay the price for it. Ok, we know the story, who cares, move on.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why aren't they being transparent? If a crime was not committed wouldn't they want to cooperate to squash it? Them not being transparent is giving the impression that a cover up took place. If no cover up and no misconduct took place then why the withholding of information.

Look I love the Cowboys too but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. Blaming or downplaying the victims and standing up for the perps is not what I signed up for. If you want too that's cool but it's not me. We complain about a lack of accountability with the players and coaches for bad play but when Jerry covers up a scandal involving a FO member then fans don't want Jerry to be accountable. This is why the franchise is where it is because the fans, media and everyone else is willing to let Jerry slide is contributing to the lack of accountability. If we as fans are cool with this then there's never going to be accountability in this organization.

accountable???/ how so? what would the penalty be for the guy if he walked in to see cheerleaders changing???? 5 years in prison? a lifetime ban from the NFL? Cowboys lose draft picks?? seriously.... what exactly would you like to see happen? The "Truth," to come out? For what purpose? so you can know exactly what really happen. Then what?
The team paid out 2.4 million to end this thing because it served no purpose to do anything else. There was going to be no criminal charges filed... so again, I ask, what EXACTLY do you think should be done. The results of their investigation be given to a reporter? ok, then what? Everybody says ooooooohhhhhhhh that guy was a scum. uhm... ok. Make everybody feel better now?

plymkr

Reaction score
accountable???/ how so? what would the penalty be for the guy if he walked in to see cheerleaders changing???? 5 years in prison? a lifetime ban from the NFL? Cowboys lose draft picks?? seriously.... what exactly would you like to see happen? The "Truth," to come out? For what purpose? so you can know exactly what really happen. Then what?
The team paid out 2.4 million to end this thing because it served no purpose to do anything else. There was going to be no criminal charges filed... so again, I ask, what EXACTLY do you think should be done. The results of their investigation be given to a reporter? ok, then what? Everybody says ooooooohhhhhhhh that guy was a scum. uhm... ok. Make everybody feel better now?
Yes accountability. Whatever that looks like. We've been complaining as a fan base that there is no accountability with this team. Players play bad, coaches coach bad, poor results on the field and we've been talking about accountability as a franchise and how the players need to be more accountable for their results on the field. If the team owner is not accountable for his mistakes then you can't expect the team to be accountable.

To answer your specific question of what do I want. I would be impressed if Jerry came out and said an incident happened with Rich and the cheerleaders. Jerry says he handled it with Rich and punished him, whether that be a disciplinary letter in his file or what have you. I'd want Jerry to come out and admit the incident, admit the consequences for Rich's behavior and be transparent about it. What bothers me is Jerry's "no comment " on the situation.

I want Jerry as the owner and all things Cowboys to set the tone for the organization that if a mistake is made then he will take accountability. I want Jerry to be the role model for the players and coaches on how to deal with adversity. He does that then I'm happy. What I don't want is for Jerry to pay people off, dodge the issue and cover it up. Again that models dysfunctional behavior for the franchise that is struggling with culture issues. This is an opportunity for Jerry to start re-establishing a new culture of accountability and I hope he takes advantage of it.

plasticman

Reaction score
Don't worry, it was taken care of in typical Jerry Jones fashion. Money takes care of anything that doesn't have to be earned.

Did you read the part about the nondisclosure agreement? This is also a routine clause in the contracts of the coaches after they leave the organization. They would love to tell you what really goes on in the franchise offices but they took the money.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
id say the fact they paid a 2.4 million dollar settlement is a red flag... but who cares? An employee did something stupid and his employer had to pay the price for it. Ok, we know the story, who cares, move on.
Then move on and stop defending creepy dudes in places he knowingly shouldn't be in.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we all need 2 move on from this honestly. the NFL just released a final statement saying they aren't investigating this and its essentially a done deal. Yeah its seedy and creepy etc, but it was handled. Next.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Don't worry, it was taken care of in typical Jerry Jones fashion. Money takes care of anything that doesn't have to be earned.

Did you read the part about the nondisclosure agreement? This is also a routine clause in the contracts of the coaches after they leave the organization. They would love to tell you what really goes on in the franchise offices but they took the money.
hey we may not like it, and the way it was handled, but its over. Jerry gets my goat as well..but there aint a thing we can do about this particular deal.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we all need 2 move on from this honestly. the NFL just released a final statement saying they aren't investigating this and its essentially a done deal. Yeah its seedy and creepy etc, but it was handled. Next.
Noooooooo, I don't want to let it go. I haven't had this much fun since strippergate,

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I read the whole article... It sounds like the Cowboys did a thorough investigation for the most part, but the cheerleaders allegations couldn't be proven. They almost had to settle even tho they didn't want to.

Honestly, the fact this is just now coming out seems like a hit job by a former employee.

Come on, you seriously believe this is just a hit job?

Trust me, as a guy I know how other guys think and there is no way in hell a guy just happens to enter a locker room with girls changing cloths just by accident without leaving immediately. Its like if you ever enter the wrong bathroom by accident somewhere like a mall or cinema? Do you just hang around till somebody sees you or do you immediately leave as soon as you realize you pushed the wrong door open?

The fact he hung around long enough for the girls to see him tells me all I need to know, he was there to take perv shots to jerk off to later and considering he is 61 yrs old that is just disgusting.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think that they got the Cheerleaders account same day, but you're right it was over the phone. They then met with them 8 days later. But if they are accurate that they confiscated the phone and sent it to forensics, they were swift and took the allegations seriously it seems.

EDIT: This is all assuming everyone is telling the truth. It's possible they are not being truthful about confiscating the phone and sending it to forensics, and unless a federal or criminal investigation is issued we'll never know since the settlement concluded the civil proceedings.

He was probably smart enough not to use his own personal phone to take titty pics with, probably used a disposable burner phone for that. Download the pics and tossed it in the trash.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again ...

No matter how you try to stop it, as long as heterosexuality exists in human nature, as long as men are attracted to women and as long a power gap exists between the genders, you'll always have this type of behavior.

Not excusing it. But stories like this one simply don't shock me any more.

Yep, even in something like the gaming industry you have Activision Blizzard being sued by California for "frat boy" behavior. Everything from crawling under cubical walls to see upskirts, to groping and fondling female employees, drinking breast milk from the women's lounge, masturbating infront of female employees, ect...

I think I am going to lock my 8 yr old daughter in the house and not let her out till she is like 30, I can just imagine some of the stuff she is going to be encountering when she gets older. As a dad, its literally terrifying to think about.