News: ESPN - Cowboys paid $2.4m to settle 2015 cheerleaders' voyeurism allegations against Rich Dalrymple

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Read through the article, here are my thoughts:
  • Unless I missed it, I can't see ANY place where Dalrymple offered an explanation of why he would go into the Cheerleader's locker room, even if he didn't believe they would be there. If I missed that,let me know.
  • The Organization does seem to have taken due diligence in investigation - I think they took this seriously. I saw on Reddit a lot of Washington fans saying "see - y'all aren't perfect", but the Cowboys investigated, updated security, etc. They didn't just ignore it and say aw shucks*. There are certainly accusations from the Cheerleaders side that they wanted more, but I don't think this was ignored.
  • The Charlotte Jones thing - I don't buy it. They offered a picture of Dalrymple and Jones from that livestream; best guess is that Dalyrimple was on his phone on his lap, texting, and Jones turned and the angle made it look suspicious. But ultimately, that was a stretch. In fact, the fact that they went so far as to include that (an "affadavit from a fan in Louisiana"), it was clear they were building a case with anything they could find. At some point this was a civil suit.

But no matter what, even if no evidence that Dalrymple didn't take pics of them, and if the Cowboys DID investigate, I can't get over the fact that he was in there. Like - what possible reason would there be for the head of PR, or any other male, to go into that locker room? ZERO.

Grenic

Reaction score
These incidents occurred in 2015, and the guy continues to work for the Cowboys for another 6 years. I mean, he's caught taking perv shots of Jerry's daughter, and Jerry keeps him around for all that additional time.

This organization is so messed up and broken.
This!!!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
And after all the allegations, he was allowed to stay on for another six years??? It's weird, but it doesn't sound unbelievable either, right?

Article says he did hire an attorney and was prepared to fight termination as wrongful, but if Jerry in ANY way believed the Jones thing, I don't think that would stop him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Article says he did hire an attorney and was prepared to fight termination as wrongful, but if Jerry in ANY way believed the Jones thing, I don't think that would stop him.
And that's what it comes down to. If Jerry believed he did that to Charlotte, Rich Dalrymple would be lying flat on a path of scorched earth. And no attorney around would be able to stop it.

Now the cheerleaders thing? I believe it. I don't think they could prove he took pics or video. Too circumstantial.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You gotta read the whole article. That warroom segment was weird, because it sounds like two people actually saw the same thing.

Oh I read it - a couple people on Facebook agreeing with each other. I see that every day, often over stuff no one else sees or believes.

But I can't overlook him using his security card to go into what he alleges was an empty cheerleaders locker room. There's no reason to go in if it's empty, is there? That's got "perv" written all over it.

Is Dalrymple married? Better still, is he recently divorced? Can't imagine a wife buying the accidentally went into the cheerleaders locker room story. :muttley:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
And that's what it comes down to. If Jerry believed he did that to Charlotte, Rich Dalrymple would be lying flat on a path of scorched earth. And no attorney around would be able to stop it.

Now the cheerleaders thing? I believe it. I don't think they could prove he took pics or video. Too circumstantial.

I can't get over the accidentally walking into the locker room. I mean, I can understand the oversight that he had access (stupid, but mistakes happen), but at least try to offer a good explanation for going there. That alone should have cooked him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Read through the article, here are my thoughts:
  • Unless I missed it, I can't see ANY place where Dalrymple offered an explanation of why he would go into the Cheerleader's locker room, even if he didn't believe they would be there. If I missed that,let me know.
  • The Organization does seem to have taken due diligence in investigation - I think they took this seriously. I saw on Reddit a lot of Washington fans saying "see - y'all aren't perfect", but the Cowboys investigated, updated security, etc. They didn't just ignore it and say aw shucks*. There are certainly accusations from the Cheerleaders side that they wanted more, but I don't think this was ignored.
  • The Charlotte Jones thing - I don't buy it. They offered a picture of Dalrymple and Jones from that livestream; best guess is that Dalyrimple was on his phone on his lap, texting, and Jones turned and the angle made it look suspicious. But ultimately, that was a stretch. In fact, the fact that they went so far as to include that (an "affadavit from a fan in Louisiana"), it was clear they were building a case with anything they could find. At some point this was a civil suit.

But no matter what, even if no evidence that Dalrymple didn't take pics of them, and if the Cowboys DID investigate, I can't get over the fact that he was in there. Like - what possible reason would there be for the head of PR, or any other male, to go into that locker room? ZERO.

I'm pretty sure that the head of public relations for the Cowboys has plenty of interaction with the cheerleaders at least the women in charge of them. To that end he could have been looking for one of those people in charge in order to talk with them about whatever event was on tap. I mean, they let fans into that locker room during tours.. I have pictures of myself in there. WITH cheerleaders.. Just sayin.. I don't know Dalrymple from Adam.. but this sounds like some people who saw an opportunity to grab some of Jerry's money and took it.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Oh I read it - a couple people on Facebook agreeing with each other. I see that every day, often over stuff no one else sees or believes.

But I can't overlook him using his security card to go into what he alleges was an empty cheerleaders locker room. There's no reason to go in if it's empty, is there? That's got "perv" written all over it.

Is Dalrymple married? Better still, is he recently divorced? Can't imagine a wife buying the accidentally went into the cheerleaders locker room story. :muttley:

Like, I've accidentally walked into a ladies bathroom 2-3 times at someplace I wasn't terribly familiar with before. Maybe absent mindedly on my phone or something. But I don't need to use a key card to get in there, and have never done that at a place I'm familiar with. And I'd bet that the locker room isn't just next to the player's locker room.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I can't get over the accidentally walking into the locker room. I mean, I can understand the oversight that he had access (stupid, but mistakes happen), but at least try to offer a good explanation for going there. That alone should have cooked him.
Oh, I absolutely believe the cheerleaders version, but like you said, Cowboys seems to have taken it seriously and did their due diligence. Couldn't really provide proof that Rich was perving, so they settled.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Being a female, this comes at no surprise. This type of perverted sick behavior occurs on a daily basis every day/in every work field. Sooner or later, you will get caught.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the head of public relations for the Cowboys has plenty of interaction with the cheerleaders at least the women in charge of them. To that end he could have been looking for one of those people in charge in order to talk with them about whatever event was on tap. I mean, they let fans into that locker room during tours.. I have pictures of myself in there. WITH cheerleaders.. Just sayin.. I don't know Dalrymple from Adam.. but this sounds like some people who saw an opportunity to grab some of Jerry's money and took it.

Going in there for a tour during a designated time when it is known not to be there (and I will bet you went through the guarded entry) is very different than going through a rear entry during a live event when common sense dictates there would be a risk that they are present.

And if there was some meeting he was supposed to be going to, I'd expect the head of Cheerleading would have said the same. THat there was not explanation given is fishy.

I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt under reasonable circumstances, but I can't understand this one.