News: ESPN: Cowboys prefer deal over franchise tag with Dak

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys prefer deal over franchise tag with Dak

i

Dallas Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones says the team remains hopeful of a long-term deal with quarterback Dak Prescott.

Read Full Story

blindzebra

Reaction score
It's not up to the Cowboys though. You have to have a willing negotiation partner to make a deal. To this point, Dak's camp is not at the table. They want to wait until Jerry tags Dak to get serious at making a deal.
You do realize Stephen said today that they...the team...is waiting on the CBA.

garyo1954

Reaction score
"Jones said there is no scenario in which the Cowboys would move on from Prescott in 2020."

If Stephen actually said this, we have two of the best backward bargainers in the league running this team. What's the purpose of all this stalling if there is no scenario in which you move on?

You big dummy! You just admitted you're going to cave in to his demands. Call the agent already. Ask him what he wants, sign it, and be done with it.

I don't want them negotiating any hostage releases for me! They'd end up paying the hostage takers after they killed me!

blueblood70

Reaction score
@CATCH17 what does this mean on Dak Hater universe?

Please translate....does it mean Dallas Cowboys prefer longer deal with Tua?:facepalm:
translates to ZERO means squat they dad all this last off season and have made dak several Fair offers and he and his agent are holding this up, surr they prefer it because then they are free to use the FT on JOnes or Cooper... right now all this is in limbo holding things u but for sure not all on the jonses , what we all prefer and what actually happens are typically two very different things..

blindzebra

Reaction score
translates to ZERO means squat they dad all this last off season and have made dak several Fair offers and he and his agent are holding this up, surr they prefer it because then they are free to use the FT on JOnes or Cooper... right now all this is in limbo holding things u but for sure not all on the jonses , what we all prefer and what actually happens are typically two very different things..
They made one offer that was 6 years and 20 million less in guaranteed money than what Goff got.

ultron

Reaction score
"Jones said there is no scenario in which the Cowboys would move on from Prescott in 2020."

If Stephen actually said this, we have two of the best backward bargainers in the league running this team. What's the purpose of all this stalling if there is no scenario in which you move on?

You big dummy! You just admitted you're going to cave in to his demands. Call the agent already. Ask him what he wants, sign it, and be done with it.

I don't want them negotiating any hostage releases for me! They'd end up paying the hostage takers after they killed me!

You don't move on from a franchise QB, worst case - you sign & trade him so there's no sense in devaluing him in any way.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score

I wonder if the Jones boys are trying to let Dak know they want him, while also letting him know they aren't happy with the agent for upping the price last year.

garyo1954

Reaction score
You don't move on from a franchise QB, worst case - you sign & trade him so there's no sense in devaluing him in any way.

I wish people would READ the article. Jones says....

"I mean, Dak's our quarterback. He's our quarterback for the future and we have nothing but the greatest respect for him," Jones said. "He's a competitor. He's won a lot of football games for us. Obviously, he, like us, we all want to take that next step and get into a championship game and get to the big game and ultimately win a championship. So there's no thoughts like that."

You're way out there if you see anything other than that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:hammer:

I don't know why they bother negotiating. They should just hand Dak's agent the cooperate check book and tell him to fill in the numbers.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I wonder if the Jones boys are trying to let Dak know they want him, while also letting him know they aren't happy with the agent for upping the price last year.

They are going overboard if that's the case. Stephen was quoted last month saying they had an agreement last year, but before it was signed, Dak's people changed the numbers.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It's not up to the Cowboys though. You have to have a willing negotiation partner to make a deal. To this point, Dak's camp is not at the table. They want to wait until Jerry tags Dak to get serious at making a deal.
Ever think they could be waiting for the new CBA deal to get done? Instead of this whole story youre piecing together in your head?