News: ESPN: Cowboys prefer deal over franchise tag with Dak

ShortRound

Reaction score
"Jones said there is no scenario in which the Cowboys would move on from Prescott in 2020."

If Stephen actually said this, we have two of the best backward bargainers in the league running this team. What's the purpose of all this stalling if there is no scenario in which you move on?

You big dummy! You just admitted you're going to cave in to his demands. Call the agent already. Ask him what he wants, sign it, and be done with it.

I don't want them negotiating any hostage releases for me! They'd end up paying the hostage takers after they killed me!

Yeah isn’t that negotiations 101? Just leave it as an unknown and go from there. Why volunteer information?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I might disagree with but I admire your conviction!

Will you eat crow IF Dak is able to play well enough to make it to Championship game?

Time will tell but If you ask me now I don't see the Cowboys wining the big one anytime soon.This roster is vastly overrated

ultron

Reaction score
The standard for a franchise QB sure has been lowered.
Yea I guess having the 2nd most wins since coming into the league in 2016 (behind Tom Brady), winning two division titles, and leading the league for most of 2019 in passing yards and QBR is just terrible. I didn't claim he's the best QB in the league, but he's still a franchise QB and over 2/3 of the teams in this league would be better with him (hence the reason he's at the top of the free agent list this year).

I swear to god I have never disagreed with a human being more than I disagree with you - it's like everything you post is completely *** backwards. Are you even a Cowboys fan or are you just here to tear down every coach, player, and front office member on this team? Is there anything about this team that you do like?

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I’ll be so glad when this deal gets done and we are not flooded with Dak contract topics I’ll be so happy you would think it was me that got paid.

Bennie

Reaction score
Ignorant comment.

It's not. Please tell me what he does well on the field when it comes to being a difference-maker? What does he do to lift up those around him? He has been carried his entire career. He wouldn't even be a starter in this league if it wasn't for the 2 guys in front of him getting hurt. So with a big contract on the line in 2019 how did the team finish? And mind you in a very weak division, ya I'll wait for your answer to that. The guy is a backup nothing more.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Actually Jameis Winston lead the league in passing yards in 2019.
Lamar Jackson had the best QBR at 81.1 or Rate of 113.3
Mahomes had a 78.0 or 105.3
Brees a 74.2 or 116.3
Matthew Stafford 73.1 or 106
Wak Prescott was 5th 71.2 or 99.7

If you go by Rate only you can add Carr, Garropolo, Tannehill, Cousins, and Wilson ahead of Wak which makes him

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing.htm10th.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Here's the all-time list of NFL QBs with 90+ TD passes and 20+ rushing TDs in their first four years: Dak Prescott.