News: ESPN: Cowboys shrug at Pierre-Paul's comments

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crayton talked every week, most times got burnt for it, he's going to catch it every now n then.

Read the original comment, it was said everyone had a problem with him running his mouth. Period.

that means everytime he ran his mouth fans were mad. Not the case

Yes, it pretty much was.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everytime someone says something on our team, it becomes bulletin board material and the other team beats us, but they say somethign about us and it's no big deal. We don't get fired up. I'm starting to see the Garrett and core attitude start to rub off on Dez. Don't show emotion. Other guys talk trash? No problem... just don't 'act out'.

Ugh. The old we'll-try-harder-because-of-something-they-said argument again. Those Giants teams beat us because of their defensive pressure, not because of anything Brandon Jacobs or Justin Tuck had to say the week before the game. And not because of anything Patrick Crayton had to say on our part. They won because they were a better team, and we'd be better off just accepting that for what it was.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not every fan was upset with it. Only when it came back to bite us.

Not every fan ever feels the same way about things, but the overwhelming majority wanted him to shut his mouth, even before it came back to bite us. I know, because I was right there saying that it's play on the field and not the bulletin board material that matters, anyway.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what do you think would happen to the Giants playing in NO right now? You think that would be a close game?

Much closer than the Cowboys. They didn't just lose that game, they got embarrassed. Actually, that's not true. In order to be embarrassed, they would have to actually care in the first place. That performance does not suggest that this team cares at all.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Much closer than the Cowboys. They didn't just lose that game, they got embarrassed. Actually, that's not true. In order to be embarrassed, they would have to actually care in the first place. That performance does not suggest that this team cares at all.

You're reading too much into that performance. Once we decided to play zone against Drew Brees with no pass rush, there was no option for winning that game short of Romo keeping pace with Brees on the road against a much better defense. That was never going to happen. We didn't show a lack of effort. We showed a distinct lack of talent. That unit just plain didn't stand a chance in that game once Lee went down. With Ware hobbled and Hatcher out, too, there was zero pressure. With our S's banged up and our other press CB on the bench, there's no way we were isolating Webb alone against that offense. It was zone, with no pressure.

The Saints would dismantle the Giants in NOLA, too. I have no doubt of that. It might not be as bad as the Cowboys butt kicking was, but, as I said above, we were uniquely vulnerable. The only real surprise in NOLA to me was how poorly our offense played against a unit we should have been able to move the ball against.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What's the point in talking trash and then losing? Its a bit cliche but i'd rather they do their talking on the field.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
You're reading too much into that performance. Once we decided to play zone against Drew Brees with no pass rush, there was no option for winning that game short of Romo keeping pace with Brees on the road against a much better defense. That was never going to happen. We didn't show a lack of effort. We showed a distinct lack of talent. That unit just plain didn't stand a chance in that game once Lee went down. With Ware hobbled and Hatcher out, too, there was zero pressure. With our S's banged up and our other press CB on the bench, there's no way we were isolating Webb alone against that offense. It was zone, with no pressure.

The Saints would dismantle the Giants in NOLA, too. I have no doubt of that. It might not be as bad as the Cowboys butt kicking was, but, as I said above, we were uniquely vulnerable. The only real surprise in NOLA to me was how poorly our offense played against a unit we should have been able to move the ball against.

Guys were running wide open down the middle of the field all day, there was zero resistance. Zero. It was a joke and I'm completely disgusted with the total lack of passion this team shows on both sides of the ball. They have no will, no fight, whatsoever. Hard to remain a fan of an organization like this.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Who cares? Talking trash or being humble doesn't mean squat when it's all said and done.

Just go out there and kick their teeth in. Conversation over and done with.
Tea I feel as if they have a bunch to worry about than to respond to JPP. But then again..

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing that matters is the Giants will punch us in the mouth, will we punch back or lay down.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I mean...would it have been to risque for him to say "bring it". This is football....not CHECKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It *should* not be risqué, but it was just a few weeks ago where Dez was called everything bad under the sun because he was animated during the Lions game.

Can't win for losing.

YR

rcaldw

Reaction score
I did. I miss Crayton. Garrett has sapped all of the swagger and bravado out of this locker room.

Top 50 Things Garrett Has Done:

1. Responsible for the Moon Hoax
2. Responsible for Global Warming
3. Responsible for the bad economy
4. Responsible for the Obama Care website problems
5. Responsible for JFK assassination
6. Responsible for gas prices
7. Responsible for all the uninsured in the country
8. Responsible for ...........

Wood

Reaction score
I am so down on this season already, I think the reason the players aren't responding is because they are afraid he might be right.

I got the same sense. Cowboy players don't seem to want to engage in any bravado because they know they don't have any.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I wish one of our star players would man up and fire back at the giants. Say "were gonna curb stomp those *****es." Or something to that extent. Nothing brings a team together more than talking smack and actually backing it up on the field. And if we do lose, start a fist fight and beat them that way. I just want to see some fire from this team. But I'll be content with just a W.

theSHOW

Reaction score
I wish one of our star players would man up and fire back at the giants. Say "were gonna curb stomp those *****es." Or something to that extent. Nothing brings a team together more than talking smack and actually backing it up on the field. And if we do lose, start a fist fight and beat them that way. I just want to see some fire from this team. But I'll be content with just a W.

You're so full of BS...nothing breaks team unity and the desire to mash the opposing team as a player with a bulletin board mouth. Calm before the storm. The pregame locker room ore will be full of players ready for this game and the emotion to revenge all on the field is what matters. Lets put Peirre on the bulletin board not give them BB material.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

How about we just skip to backing it up on the field? This team has done enough talking to last a life time. This year is gonna be different, the locker room has a different feel to it than last year, I really like this new defensive scheme, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Blah.