News: ESPN: Dak not fretting on deal: 'I don't play for money'

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
It doesn't concern me but remember since 2016 I was one of the few who warned folks not to buy into Prescott and he is NOT the ONE!!!!
Was I wrong Dak lover?????
2 playoff wins and that is all she wrote ehhhh???
Fake 100%.....................P.S. why doesn't he give his contract monies all to charity being that he doesn't care about it????????????? :muttley:
Since 2016 huh? Was that before or after Dak had one of the top ten best QB rookie seasons in the last 20 years and probably Super Bowl era?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That’s easy to say when you’re set for life already with a ton more coming…..
True true true. He's got more money already than he could ever spend no matter how hard he tried, and still more on the way.

cowboyed

Reaction score
He plays for the love of the playoffs ...........

also

Dak during playoffs

deer-in-headlights.jpg
Dak deserves some of that but so does much of the rest of the team.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
And yet he couldn't do anything with a 13-3 one seed. This is the problem that you guys wish to avoid by pointing out regular season accomplishments.
My point that you are apparently lost on, is that Pappy said he didnt like Dak since 2016. There literally was no reason not to like him in 2016.

Also to your point, last year our top 5 defense was ran through by GB... and the last time I checked Dak wasnt on the defense. No matter how you try to justify it, Dak isnt the sole reason for that loss last year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since 2016 huh? Was that before or after Dak had one of the top ten best QB rookie seasons in the last 20 years and probably Super Bowl era?
Ask the old members of the Cowboys forum like Kskboys to verify my doubts even back then about Daktrash.
He will remember cause he kept benching me for it.............. :muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point that you are apparently lost on, is that Pappy said he didnt like Dak since 2016. There literally was no reason not to like him in 2016.

Also to your point, last year our top 5 defense was ran through by GB... and the last time I checked Dak wasnt on the defense. No matter how you try to justify it, Dak isnt the sole reason for that loss last year.
I saw a need to carried QB and man was the offense loaded in 2016.
He only scored 13 pts in 3 Quarters(MIA once again till the 4th) vs the Packers in our playoff loss and noticed how he came to life when they went into prevent defense.
2017 esp after the Bronco's loss blowout confirmed my doubts.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The money was never the problem, it was the Term that Jerry has painted himself into a corner with, I've stated that since he signed it.
Jerry knows he has to get out of this Dak contract mess, and he has his fingers crossed for 2024 success.
So, stay on hold fans, just for a year longer because Dak is some heavy dust and this FO didn't buy a big enough broom, what a stupid contract to begin with... smh

Hadenough

Reaction score
Some of you guys are hilarious. Do I think Dak is one of the 5 best QBs in the NFL? No! Do I think he is one of 15 worst QBs in the NFL? No! He is somewhere in between that. Kirk Cousins....who is OLDER than Dak....is coming off of a torn achilles....just signed for 4 years $180/m with $100m guaranteed. The ECONOMICS that apply to every QB...apply to Dak. This is not rocket science. This is not anything new. Why does it bother you all so much that he is going to get paid? Newsflash.....they ALL get paid. Either Dallas will pay it someone else will....but to think he should not or will not get paid is just a WASTE of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People around here are sick and tired of watching him choke! The fans want to win a SB and Daks been disappointing them for 8 years now. People are ready to move on to the next chapter of football and thats why they don't want to see him get paid.
Who cares if another team pays him. Let him become that teams ball and chain holding them back. He's won nothing in Dallas. His biggest accomplishment is hanging 50 points on the Giants and Commanders padding his stat line.

shabazz

Reaction score
True true true. He's got more money already than he could ever spend no matter how hard he tried, and still more on the way.
.....the 1 percenters will tell you it's NEVER too much money.

As a 3 percenter, I see their point.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
People around here are sick and tired of watching him choke! The fans want to win a SB and Daks been disappointing them for 8 years now. People are ready to move on to the next chapter of football and thats why they don't want to see him get paid.
Who cares if another team pays him. Let him become that teams ball and chain holding them back. He's won nothing in Dallas. His biggest accomplishment is hanging 50 points on the Giants and Commanders padding his stat line.
I am on record saying I don't care whether he stays or goes....but what they are doing right now is straight BS. Jerry and his son have abused this fanbase and I HATE that we have allowed it.

Either move on from him OR sign him and create cap space to improve the team. Since the window to add free agents is gone, why run it back with a LESSER talented team that went out in the 1st round last year?

Why have a lame duck head coach, lame duck coaching staff, lame duck starting QB, lame duck backup QB. I mean WHY??????????????

Why is Trey Lance here? The Broncos made the DIFFICULT decision to move on from Russel Wilson because they did not see it working out. It's going to hurt in the short term....but they felt it was the right football move.

What is the rationale to let Dak play out the final year of his contract and let him walk? What is the rationale to sign him to an extension later this year now that all of the free agents that could have help us are already signed to other teams? And furthermore, Dak does not HAVE to re-sign with us, so this is a complete clown show at this point.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I am on record saying I don't care whether he stays or goes....but what they are doing right now is straight BS. Jerry and his son have abused this fanbase and I HATE that we have allowed it.

Either move on from him OR sign him and create cap space to improve the team. Since the window to add free agents is gone, why run it back with a LESSER talented team that went out in the 1st round last year?

Why have a lame duck head coach, lame duck coaching staff, lame duck starting QB, lame duck backup QB. I mean WHY??????????????

Why is Trey Lance here? The Broncos made the DIFFICULT decision to move on from Russel Wilson because they did not see it working out. It's going to hurt in the short term....but they felt it was the right football move.

What is the rationale to let Dak play out the final year of his contract and let him walk? What is the rationale to sign him to an extension later this year now that all of the free agents that could have help us are already signed to other teams? And furthermore, Dak does not HAVE to re-sign with us, so this is a complete clown show at this point.
Signing him to 60 mil a year is only going to delay what's happening this year. I think they have decided to move on from Dak. And they might as well just let him play out the year because he can't be traded and they cannot afford to sign him to a monster contract if the want to keep Parsons and Lamb.

plymkr

Reaction score

Right. This is spot on. Either sign him now, cut him now, or trade him now (yes I know he has to agree to the trade and waive his NTC).

Do something! Going into this season with everyone on lame duck contracts is very stupid. Our whole QB room is on a one year deal. Coaches, basically everyone is in a one year deal. I don’t see how this is conducive to a healthy winning environment.

If their plan is to completely blow it up after 2024 then that’s cool but I would argue just blow it up now.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Signing him to 60 mil a year is only going to delay what's happening this year. I think they have decided to move on from Dak. And they might as well just let him play out the year because he can't be traded and they cannot afford to sign him to a monster contract if the want to keep Parsons and Lamb.
So cut him and find out what you have in Lance! What are you afraid of? The rest of the NFL laughing at us if Trey sucks? Do you think the broncos care how they look in front of the rest of the NFL right now? Is this a beauty contest?

ICP

Reaction score
You don't what?!?
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:

Ok then take a Brady deal to prove it!!

Hadenough

Reaction score
So cut him and find out what you have in Lance! What are you afraid of? The rest of the NFL laughing at us if Trey sucks? Do you think the broncos care how they look in front of the rest of the NFL right now? Is this a beauty contest?
If they cut him I'm pretty sure he still gets paid. But I agree with you. I just assume get rid of him.