News: ESPN: Dak not fretting on deal: 'I don't play for money'

plymkr

Reaction score
yup

by far

i hate dak
Ewww, let’s not go that far. Domestic violence, abusing women, rapists, and murderers. Dak’s not even on the radar of players I’ve disliked for off the field stuff. Sure he says some boneheaded things like “I don’t play for money “ while his contract is a constant issue but he’s never hurt anyone off the field.

Get Josh Ball off this team. As far as I’m concerned he’s trash. Don’t beat up on a woman and lock her in a closet. Kelvin Joseph, yeah I was happy when he was gone.

I can’t stand Dak on the field, especially against big time teams and playoffs, but let’s keep things in perspective.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Cool. He should do like Steve Jobs or whoever that famous CEO was that did something like it: take a $1 dollar salary, and $49,999,999 if he leads a team to a SB win. After all, he believes in himself.
Steve Jobs was worth $10 billion when he had a $1 salary.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sounds to me like 1 of 2 things:

Lance looks more formidable than Dak thought he would and he feels the heat.

or

Dak is terrified to leave the comforting no consequence environment that has been created for him in Dallas and join a team that will hold him accountable that he is putting it out there he might be willing to not break the bank again and take a slight discount.

Either way this isn't the "confident a deal will be done Dak" we've seen in the past.

I think option 2 is too little too late. He's been a loser far to long to warrant another contract here. Tough luck and enjoy your new team next year, Dak!
You love hearing yourself chirp such fantasies. Too bad they never come true for you. lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Dak doesn't play for the money, Todd France is acting contrary to his will.
Does that make sense? It's being forced upon him. Hardly. :facepalm:

I wonder if he has any inkling how phony that sounds!

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
When you're the highest paid you're expected to make those around you better and elevate your play

Well if that's the case then what's all the other quarterbacks excuses? If the highest paid quarterbacks are supposed to make those around them better and elevate their play, why did yall give people like Matthew Stafford so many excuses? He was a 1st round pick and couldn't those around him better. He's 11-72 vs winning teams and yall still make excuses for him.

D. Watson for the Browns, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, etc are the highest paid too.... hmmm..... you do realize their are a few quarterbacks who make more than Dak right?

Justin Herbert is the highest paid on his team.... how many playoff games he win again??

Aaron Rodgers is a great quarterback, correct? Well why does he have the same amount of rings as Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher? I guess they are on the same level as Rodgers as far as elevating the players around them and making them better, correct?

I have no problem with what you said..... just make sure those same rules apply to EVVVVERRRYYY quarterback. No excuses for where they played or who drafted them, etc.

Last edited:

Adreme

Reaction score
Judging by the reports on Lance 's OTAs he probably hearing those foot steps.
If he is hearing those footsteps he must have some of the best hearing in the world. At the start of last season Lance was inferior to Sam Darnold meaning he was not a top 50 NFL QB. There are multiple tiers between that. You have the 3rd string level QB he was, then a low end backup, high end backup, low end starter, low end franchise QB (think Goff) and then you have the top 10 QBs. Those are all the tiers that separated them so the idea that he could leap through all of those in a single year to be an actual threat is laughable to me.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Will go down historically as one of, if not the biggest fraud in this franchise's history.
Do you guys have any idea how ridiculous posts like this will sound in hindsight?

Do you know how stupid it sounds right now?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People go overboard.... Dak is not a bad person but he has also profited HIGHLY from being the Dallas Cowboys QB. He's a wealthy man now, so it is easy for him to say, "I don't play for money." If he had said "I want to be paid fairly" it would be more acceptable to me but that would make his agent swallow his tie because he'd only be getting about what Kirk Cousins got instead of the $55-$60/mil his agent wants.
I mean let’s be honest when it comes to Dak he really can’t say the right thing lol. Whatever he says will be scrutinized….Romo went through it too.

Nav22

Reaction score
He didn't get one first place place vote. But I would rather hear about his most valuable performances against GB, SF, Buff and Arizona last year, and SF in the playoffs the year before The great disappearing QB. Don't bother I already know the fan boy talking points, it is a team game and everybody elses fault. But really wouldn't you say his greatest feat is his 2 and 5 playoff record as a starting QB? I mean nobody else ever accomplished that. Yep by all means lets continue to throw money at a QB who has proven he cant get it done when the lights are bright. See how I did all that without appearing to be posting as a teenage girl? Yeah I know I must be a real loser.
All of those words... and the successful young man will still make more money in 1 Sunday this fall than you'll touch in your lifetime.

Oh, and he was still the MVP runner-up. Cry about it.
:lmao2:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
He should not get paid
Sure someone will sign him
That team will be set back 8 years.
Only one QB wins each year. Is the only one that should be paid the Super Bowl winning QB?
Dallas makes more money than any sports franchise in the HISTORY of sports, but because they don't win should they not get paid?
You have to ACCEPT the difference between the business side of sports and on the field results.
I really don't care what they do....BUT they need to do SOMETHING. Not extending him is basically wasting ANOTHER season, because the cap restrictions as a result of not extending him prevented us from improving the roster....so either pay him or MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!