News: ESPN: Dak Prescott's and Jason Garrett's futures on line after another Cowboys' loss

bysbox1

Reaction score
What is Matthew Stafford doing on this list?

Also the Colts have one of the worst Teams for some years now. They were 4-12 last year. Its a miracle that Luck won 3 games already for them.

Packers also are depleted by Injuries and took some very tough and Close Ls. Could very well be 5-3 with a bit more luck and Rodgers having two legs instead of one.

I agree. Stafford has not done much. And I really believe Aaron Rodgers is still injured. Even being injured he's playing better than most the QB's in the league.

And I always thought Andrew Luck was about a season away from being completely back. Plus the Colts are in a bit of rebuild mode themselves.

Dallas was supposedly positioning themselves to be in a "Win Now" mode.

This team is so dysfunctional on so many levels you can only take humor in it now.

stinkface

Reaction score
Love this silly quote from the article: "With eight games left the Cowboys still have a mathematical chance to win the NFC East or earn a wild-card bid.." BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Agree, that's what I've been hearing about the Deadskins via the press for pretty much the last 20 plus years. The reality was most of the Deadskins fans knew it was over. Same applies here. This season is done. We are what we are at this point. Team with a sub standard QB and with bad coaching and lousy ownership.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott's and Jason Garrett's futures on line after another Cowboys' loss

i

Amari Cooper couldn't help the Cowboys get back to .500 in his first start. Now, his quarterback and coach are likely playing for their jobs.

Read Full Story

"For Prescott and Jason Garrett, more than the season might be on the line. Their futures -- short- and long-term -- are on the line."

This is all we have to hope for the rest of this season. It feels terrible to have to say that halfway through the season, but I think we all know it's the awful truth.

cern

Reaction score
Dak Prescott's and Jason Garrett's futures on line after another Cowboys' loss

i

Amari Cooper couldn't help the Cowboys get back to .500 in his first start. Now, his quarterback and coach are likely playing for their jobs.

Read Full Story
garrett should be coaching for his life. but dak is restricted by the miserable play calling. seems he can move the ball during those final, desperation drives at the end of games when we're trying for a comeback.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even Darren Woodson thinks it's time for a change at HC

Add another name to the Garrett Must Go List:

Everything Woodson said was spot on, and everyone knows it. And it's obvious how angered he himself is about the current situation by how animated and passionate he was in everything he said.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
garrett should be coaching for his life. but dak is restricted by the miserable play calling. seems he can move the ball during those final, desperation drives at the end of games when we're trying for a comeback.
until he gets a little pressure and he "glitches out"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's clear that these guys can't help him as his coaches.

It's also clear that he - like every other quarterback not named Romo - has gotten worse the longer he has worked under this head coach.

cern

Reaction score
It's clear that these guys can't help him as his coaches.

It's also clear that he - like every other quarterback not named Romo - has gotten worse the longer he has worked under this head coach.
very true. if the fo is committed to dak, then this coaching staff has to go. they don't mesh.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
very true. if the fo is committed to dak, then this coaching staff has to go. they don't mesh.

I don't think they can be committed to either guy, but Garrett has had more than enough time to show that he's no head coach.

Prescott will have had three years and is getting worse. However, since the quarterback position is the toughest one to find in sports, I think it's wise to give him a her wth a competent coaching staff to then determine if he can be your guy or you need to do everything you can to find another one.

Just no commitment.

cern

Reaction score
I don't think they can be committed to either guy, but Garrett has had more than enough time to show that he's no head coach.

Prescott will have had three years and is getting worse. However, since the quarterback position is the toughest one to find in sports, I think it's wise to give him a her wth a competent coaching staff to then determine if he can be your guy or you need to do everything you can to find another one.

Just no commitment.
it's easier to find a hc than it is to find a qb. can't help but notice dak can move the team during those final, desperation drives when we open things up.

kevm3

Reaction score

This is the exact thing that happened during Romo's tenure here. That's why Romo was king of the fourth quarter comebacks. We get down by two touchdowns in the fourth quarter and all of a sudden the playbook magically opens up and we're slicing down the field. Witten alluded to it while commentating on the game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's easier to find a hc than it is to find a qb. can't help but notice dak can move the team during those final, desperation drives when we open things up.

Witten certainly noticed. I love it when an otherwise politically-correct supporter suddenly gets truthful in the heat of the moment.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It isn't easy for us. Other than Parcells, who is the last quality coach Jerry hired?

Brooksey

Reaction score
Time to see what Kris Richards and Mike White are all about.