News: ESPN: Dallas Cowboys to sign Aussie punter

NewsBot

Reaction score
OXNARD, Calif. -- The Dallas Cowboys will sign punter Tom Hornsey to take the place of Cody Mandell, who was waived over the weekend, according to sources. Hornsey was the Ray Guy Award winner last season at Memphis and averaged 43.1 yards per punt for his career. He had 75 punts of 50 yards or more and 13 of more than 60 yards, including a career-long 79-yarder. Hornsey took part in the New York Jets' rookie minicamp in the spring. He grew up in Australia and played Aussie Rules Football.

Continue reading...

KingLerxst

Reaction score
This should be interesting, but DON'T get suckered into going drinking with him!

Man ain't that the truth. Those Aussies can put it away! Ones I met were some of the nicest most fun to party with though.

Back to the OT. Hope he can be another Mcbriar..

CCBoy

Reaction score
Atleast they know jones isn't the answer. He is very average.

I think they are trying something closer to a time share, and not wearing Jone's leg out before the season starts. Then, there is a growing stand by list that injuries invoke.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Atleast they know jones isn't the answer. He is very average.

I don't think this has much to do with how Dallas feels about Jones. It's all about saving legs for the regular season.

EST_1986

Reaction score
This should be interesting, but DON'T get suckered into going drinking with him!

giphy.gif

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Rumor has it Mandell violated team policy, and that's why he was let go.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Good point. Sorry. But if it comes out, here's a preemptive "I told you so." :p

Hardline

Reaction score
If the new punter cannot reliably be a snap holder on field goals and extra points you better keep Jones.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Good shot at a punter. Was among the top rated punting prospects in this past draft. Surprised he was not already in someone's camp.