ESPN Dallas: Jerry Jones to dine with Dez Bryant... runs 4.52 at pro day

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;3325724 said:
How did he "not finish" a drill? As in he stopped part way through, or in that he didn't spring through the goal line or something after?
Probably the latter. He put up respectable numbers (numbers that will get him into at least the top 20) on the the first few drills and then likely didn't try on the last two.

Man, this guy has red flags popping out of his ears.

"Coach, I caught two TDs in the first half; I didn't think I needed to run my routes in the second half."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;3325724 said:
How did he "not finish" a drill? As in he stopped part way through, or in that he didn't spring through the goal line or something after?
If you pull up instead of power through the finish scouts tend to call it "not finishing."

If his feet were hurting due to wrong cleats that might explain it a little. That seems dubious.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I just watched video of one of his 40s and he does slip near the early part of the run but finishes looking fast.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
It's his own fault. At dinner, Jerry implored him to eat light.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3325414 said:
The notable NFL coaches and executives in attendance today include Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, coach Mike Singletary and director of player personnel Trent Baalke of the 49ers, Packers coach Mike McCarthy and director of college scouting John Dorsey, Ravens wide receivers coach Jim Hostler, Bucs wide receivers coach Eric Yarber and Raiders scout Cliff Branch.

And then Cliff Branch left the workout yelling, "Not fast enough for da Raiders!"

RS12

Reaction score
The whole forgetting the cleats for his biggest work out ever is kind of troubling to me. Kinda like my kid forgetting he has home work till 9:30 on a Sunday night. Makes you think alot of the stories out there about him have some validity.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
RS12;3325845 said:
The whole forgetting the cleats for his biggest work out ever is kind of troubling to me. Kinda like my kid forgetting he has home work till 9:30 on a Sunday night. Makes you think alot of the stories out there about him have some validity.

Maybe he thought he had them in his gym bag, and then when he got to his workout, opened up his bag and saw they were missing. I doubt he keeps his cleats right next to his car keys and wallet.

7footer

Reaction score
I really don't see what the issue is here. I don't agree with Jean-Jaque Taylor very often, but I sure do here. The guy was a complete stud at OSU, and it would be a dream to think that the Cowboys could draft such a big, physical, talented WR with the #27th pick! You get that type of value for a late round pick and you just have to roll the dice in my opinion.

It's a gamble I would LOVE taking...Heck, it couldn't be worse than drafting Bobby Carpenter in the first round, or trading a first and a third for Roy Williams could it? I say this is a no-brainer if he happens to fall to us, which I very seriously doubt

montgod

Reaction score
jswalker1981;3325857 said:
Maybe he thought he had them in his gym bag, and then when he got to his workout, opened up his bag and saw they were missing. I doubt he keeps his cleats right next to his car keys and wallet.

He sure didn't forget when to show up for Pacman's workout...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
The interest. The dinner. This could all be a smoke screen to allow us to grab that GT wideout.

But either way, I'd love to have Dez's talent on this team. The way the NFL Network was talking yesterday after Bryant's workout was that he was definitely not going in the top 10. We'll see.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I can see Jerry making some serious moves, grabbing both an OL and Bryant in the first round.

Barber and a future draft pick could be in the works to do this.

playmakers

Reaction score
If somehow we did draft Bryant I would send him to Michael Irvin for 6 weeks for training.

As far as trades go, dont be suprised if Bryant is the player we want and he's there at 21 we dont package Bennett and 27 to Cincy for 21. I know 99 percent will hate that trade and Im not for or against it, but to me that's the most likely trade situation if we do like Bryant. Hopefully, we could squeeze Cincy's 2nd round pick out of them here.

SF might have an interest in Barbar because they really don't have a back up to Frank Gore. Glen(I think thats his first name) Coffee is just maraginal. This is another team that might be a suitor for a trade up. All in all

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
playmakers;3326446 said:
If somehow we did draft Bryant I would send him to Michael Irvin for 6 weeks for training.

As far as trades go, dont be suprised if Bryant is the player we want and he's there at 21 we dont package Bennett and 27 to Cincy for 21. I know 99 percent will hate that trade and Im not for or against it, but to me that's the most likely trade situation if we do like Bryant. Hopefully, we could squeeze Cincy's 2nd round pick out of them here.

SF might have an interest in Barbar because they really don't have a back up to Frank Gore. Glen(I think thats his first name) Coffee is just maraginal. This is another team that might be a suitor for a trade up. All in all

With Phillips on the roster, thats a move I would make. Witten is still in has years left....That is if scouting has determined that he is someone we really want.

Reaction score
playmakers;3326446 said:

why would they do that? Barber and Gore have the exact same running styles. Gore's the thunder, they need the lightning. There going to draft Spiller.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I hope this kid doesn't drop to 27.

I want guys that love to compete and have their crap together.

No more idiots.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Lies.....4.52 was his fastest time...he was mostly upper 4.5's with the wind and 4.6's against the wind. His speed was a disappointment, not a plus.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Chief;3326507 said:
I hope this kid doesn't drop to 27.

I want guys that love to compete and have their crap together.

No more idiots.
My question on kid is, if he has problems now, whether or not you think they're real or serious, what's he gonna do when he has a seven figure bank account?

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Double Trouble;3326537 said:
My question on kid is, if he has problems now, whether or not you think they're real or serious, what's he gonna do when he has a seven figure bank account?

Or what if he gets around Sherman, Austin, Witten, Romo. And sees what it takes to be a professional football player.

People act like a guy can't mature. What he is in college when he is 22-23 years old is what he is going to be when he is 28-29. :rolleyes:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
jswalker1981;3326563 said:
Or what if he gets around Sherman, Austin, Witten, Romo. And sees what it takes to be a professional football player.
Playing devil's advocate, that has not worked all that great for Martellus Bennett.