ESPN Dallas: Pearson: Bryant showed 'T.O.-type emotion'...w/audio | video/post #39

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Nirvana;3721841 said:
I know he was upset about the penalty but that in my opinion was only part of it. He was yelling for the ball, etc. also.

I.

He was? How do you know, do they have audio up on this somewhere? Were you standing there next to the team when it happened?

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3721820 said:
Whos the "miles lover" that warned everyone of a divaWR in the 2010 NFL draft in March?

far from it homeboy. Showing emotion on the sideline doesn't equate to "diva". Besides, he's doing better than Austin. Tell your boy to quit dropping passes.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
dbair1967;3721847 said:
He was? How do you know, do they have audio up on this somewhere? Were you standing there next to the team when it happened?

That is what I am saying. People are crucifying the guy and they have no clue what was actually said. The whole thing is being blown way out of proportion.

Nirvana

Reaction score
dbair1967;3721847 said:

Look at the video again at the 2 minute mark. Watch the body language. If he is upset about the penalty, why is his rage not directed at the official? Why are people pulling him off Sherman? Why does Sherman and Bryant later hug, as if making up? Observe these things without a fixed opinion that he is simply upset about a penalty.

[youtube]id2z3EmQlpM&[/youtube]

mldardy

Reaction score
Wood;3721518 said:
dude it took 3 players and WR coach on sideline to calm him down and Jason Witten on the field when Dez got back in. It was a distraction...big difference between that and wanting the ball more.
dude I don't care who and how many it took to calm him down. That's not T.O. like. I guess reading my post didn't help you understand this.:rolleyes:

mldardy

Reaction score
Wood;3721671 said:
based on the fact that Dallas threw to Dez three times after his tirade...I would say it had something to do with the lack of balls being thrown his direction. IMHO....this was Garrett biggest mistake of the game to cuddle Dez and call for all those throws in his direction. What should have happend is Garrett sit Dez on the bench...and work the middle with Witten and Austin on outside.
Man you sound like a Dez hater. Did he piss in cereal or something. Good lord man relax and stop trying to shoot everyone's opinion down that Dez didn't throw a tantrum

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Nirvana;3721861 said:
Look at the video again at the 2 minute mark. Watch the body language. If he is upset about the penalty, why is his rage not directed at the official? Why are people pulling him off Sherman? Why does Sherman and Bryant later hug, as if making up? Observe these things without a fixed opinion that he is simply upset about a penalty.

Who says his rage isn't directed at the official?? You see the coaching staff etc. because they are trying to calm him down. And he wasn't pulled off Sherman. I think you need to observe things better.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Maybe he was mad at Kitna for not giving him time to get set or maybe he was mad at the refs, who knows. The point is no one has any clue why he was mad or what was said, they are just making assumptions. Comparing him to TO based on assumptions is stupid.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
superonyx;3721825 said:
Dude aren't you in high school? Why are you posting to a cowboys message board on a saturday night? Shouldnt you be out with some slutes or something? This is the time of your life. Now put the picture of Austin down and go find some girls to party with.

Got home at 11:45 tn;(

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Nirvana;3721861 said:

He did confront the ref. Then someone had to pull him away. Look at when the ref was calling the illegal shift at the 30 sec mark or so. You will see Bryant livid over the call.

That goes to show you that he was really upset at the penalty and that all this nonsense that he was pissed because he wasn't getting the ball is coming from Troy.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
he was irate over the bogus call, it took away a first and momentum....the ref was wrong for throwing the flag. he snapped and it took a while to calm him down. he was on the sideline being very demonstrative about the penalty being bogus (well he probably used other words). i saw nothing in his outburst that led me to believe it was aimed at his teammates or coaches.

btw, i was quite upset over the call too....and had it been on me, I would most likely have gone the way Dez did.

As for Pearson and Aikman.....they can both have a coke and a smile and shut the duck up!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Watch at the 30 second mark where the ref was announcing the penalty. Bryant goes ballistic at the ref from behind. Then someone pulls him away.

The ref deserved it I think. That was a bad call in my opinion and Bryant was justified being mad at the refs.

Therefore, I think the media and everyone is wrong here. Including Aikman. Who is probably the one to blame by calling Bryant a Diva.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id2z3EmQlpM&feature=player_embedded

Ren

Reaction score
No one even knows what it was about, it looked like it happened after he got called for a penalty, and it also looked like Sherman calmed him down pretty fast.

He's a rookie and showed a little immaturity. I have no idea how someone could turn that into he's just like TO

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
nathanlt;3721370 said:
What I find hilarious from that article is that the Saints focused on keeping Bryant double teamed, to take him out of the game.

He is a rookie who doesn't get thrown to enough. Why take our rookie WR out of the game when he's just barely had enough experience to call it a half season?

Let the record show, this WR is attracting defensive double teams only 11 games into his first season!

I mentioned that in Cowboys Chat. Gotta love it. ;)

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3721385 said:
When Dez starts blaming the QB and OC, then I will have a problem with his outbursts.

I gotta agree with this. How many times did Irvin get mad he wasn't getting the ball. Heck, in the NFC Championship game against the 49ers in the 92 season he switched routes with Harper because he thought the pass was going that way.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Ren;3721909 said:
No one even knows what it was about, it looked like it happened after he got called for a penalty, and it also looked like Sherman calmed him down pretty fast.

He's a rookie and showed a little immaturity. I have no idea how someone could turn that into he's just like TO

Yeah, I really see that as immaturity. The rant wasn't that long, right now it's really not a big deal but something to keep your eyes on.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I understand the speculation, but the adoration is a little over the top.

Seems as if Dez could smack some of your Mothers and you would find a reason to justify it.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Some one forgot to tell him the secret play Kitna and Witten drew on the side line.

JPM

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;3721938 said:
Some one forgot to tell him the secret play Kitna and Witten drew on the side line.
That's why Witten had such a good game !!!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
(According to the rules, the offense must have 7 on the line of scrimmage.)

Dez needs to know where he's supposed to line up. The penalty was called for two guys moving at the same time because Miles was in motion when Dez took a half step forward. Dez took that half step because either he realized too late that he had to be on the line of scrimmage for that play, or he was confused about where the line of scrimmage was.

Watch the vid of the penalty in post#64. Curiously, just before Dez moves, he looks at the line judge (the guy who threw the flag two seconds later) and points at the sticks. Twice. Unless the line judge is trying to communicate something to him, I have no idea why he's looking outside instead of looking inside at the football. It's like he's trying to tell the chain crew that the LOS marker is in the wrong place or something. In any case, he's extremely unsure of where's he's supposed be standing, and he probably could've just stayed where he was without a penalty, based on how the other receivers were lining up in the game.

In Dez's defense though, the officials were not consistent with this penalty.

At 0:16 of hairic's video that follows (from early 3rd quarter) Dez does exactly the same thing--only in reverse--while lined up on the other side of the field, but no penalty is called. Since Miles is at the LOS, Dez has to back off one yard to avoid a penalty. Watch Dez look toward the sideline again as he backs up. Notice that while Dez is stepping back, Witten is also moving. This is the same official who was looking right at all of this and kept the flag in his pocket.

[youtubehd]LTctyq9_txQ&hd=1[/youtubehd]