ESPN: Dez Bryant late, David Irving a no-show on first day for Cowboys vets to report

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I bet there were multiple players showing up late or no-shows around the league for TC. I have to say "bet", because sports news like that usually isn't reported....because no one gives a crap when it happens to any other team.
Cowboys = Clickbait.

Dez was a participant in all of the involuntary activities during the offseason, even the various team fundraisers. What a malcontent that guy is.

tm1119

Reaction score
What can I say? Dez Bryant is a major league moron. Always has been and always will be.

It's irrelevant that he has a sinus infection. He should still be there on time.

We have no discipline within the team and that's because of the owner.

Agreed...was more directed at the people trying to defend the poor millionaire athlete with a headache.

And Irving is even more of an idiot if he really was a flat no show. Dude is talented but not going to be in the league long if he doesn't get his head on straight.

Sydla

Reaction score
So Dez shows up late because he has a bad headache? LOL. Wouldn't a simple call to the team have cleared this up? I like Dez but he's always going to be a knucklehead.

And Irving not showing is a joke. Who the hell does he think he is? At this point in his career, he's nothing more than a decent DE who got pinched for drugs.

Reaction score
Yep. No one knows ANY of the facts. Worse than school girl gossip.
Sure we know some facts. Dez was 3 hours late to a mandatory meeting. That's a fact.

Now, if I have a meeting scheduled with my boss at 1 o'clock and I stroll into his office at 4 o'clock sniffling and saying I don't feel good, he will be most unhappy.

Again it's not a huge deal. But either you are a professional or you are not. And it's pretty clear Dez is not.

That's a fact.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Sure we know some facts. Dez was 3 hours late to a mandatory meeting. That's a fact.

Now, if I have a meeting scheduled with my boss at 1 o'clock and I stroll into his office at 4 o'clock sniffling and saying I don't feel good, he will be most unhappy.

Again it's not a huge deal. But either you are a professional or you are not. And it's pretty clear Dez is not.

That's a fact.
Bold is the problem with some of you lovely posters. You aren't Dez you're easily replaceable stop comparing your 9to5 to an athletes job smh.

Sydla

Reaction score
Bold is the problem with some of you lovely posters. You aren't Dez you're easily replaceable stop comparing your 9to5 to an athletes job smh.

LOL. The excuse making some of you do for player screw ups is hilarious.

Dez was late. He had a pretty lame excuse. It reflects poorly on him and the respect he has for this coaching staff. That's just reality.

Oh he can get in front of a mic and talk about how he owns his mistake and how he loves and respects the coaches, but if that were true, he would have been at the first day of camp on time.

Great player, but a knucklehead.

Reaction score
So because Dez is a talented guy, he has the right to do whatever he wants, waltz in in his own time, put his feet on Garrett s desk and say oops! Sorry coach. I have a cold.

Dez was supposed to be a team leader. Lol!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
LOL. The excuse making some of you do for player screw ups is hilarious.

Dez was late. He had a pretty lame excuse. It reflects poorly on him and the respect he has for this coaching staff. That's just reality.

Oh he can get in front of a mic and talk about how he owns his mistake and how he loves and respects the coaches, but if that were true, he would have been at the first day of camp on time.

Great player, but a knucklehead.
There's only been a handful of "excuses". The majority opinion is that he was wrong. Or am I missing something?

This is much ado about nothing. But on a starved-for-news board, I suppose it's appropriate.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not a good look for Irving.

And frankly, this team looks like an undisciplined mess right now.

Yep and I'm sick of it already.

I would like to think none of this stuff matters but it wouldn't surprise me if I look up during the season and our record isn't that great.. All the signs of us mailing in the offseason are there.