Twitter: ESPN did a draft assuming every NFL Player was available to be picked: Here's RD.1

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Prescott, Wentz, and Burrows were picked over a a 6 time winning qb. Let that sink in and just goes to show how off this is.

I thought it was rather obvious that they're talking about the long-term prospects of the player because, you know, it's a draft.

A 43 year old QB isn't going to be picked ahead of good, young QBs with several years left to play. Let that sink in. :rolleyes:

It is like five twos said is this for the future or a 1 year thing. That is a big factor.

Are drafts for the future? There's your answer.

Seriously, they put Burrow ahead of Brady - why does this need to be explained? :muttley:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ESPN is having worse time of this off season than we are. What's next? A list of teams on one side and Long Snappers on the other side with "Match the Long Snapper to the Team"?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Aye I'm not saying he won't ball. I'm not saying he sucks. I'm saying based on what we've SEEN? That's far too high for him. Basically they are saying he's a better player than Kyler Murray. I've seen nothing to suggest that at this point.
I feel you I'm jus sayin. I think he's going to be better than kyler. Did you see the last few games last season though? My dads GF is a broncos fan so I follow the team somewhat and of course my dad has to watch.

Lutonio

Reaction score
The Patriots didn’t trade down? Someone didn’t think this through.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's 43 this year and looked like a shell of his former self last season.

Spoken like a guy that doesn't know the Pats team from last year or much about how QB play works.

Pats were 12-4 by the way.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's 43 years old. The fact that he's even taken in the first round at all is a achievement. No other 43 year old would even be considered. If age wasn't a factor Brady would be #1.

I have no issue with Brady. Its Drew Lock that's the issue if you want to devalue his list.

Who the hell is Drew Lock?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I feel you I'm jus sayin. I think he's going to be better than kyler. Did you see the last few games last season though? My dads GF is a broncos fan so I follow the team somewhat and of course my dad has to watch.
Naw I didn’t. You starting a team you picking him over Kyler?

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak selected 9th overall.

Where did Andy Dalton get picked??? He’s on the same level as Dak, right???
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He's 43 this year and looked like a shell of his former self last season.

Going even further than that, if every player is available to pick, that means all franchises are stating from scratch.

Who wants to start their franchise with an old QB?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Alright so while reading I was gonna give props to my boy Dak but what in the hell is that at #15? I keep reading over and over to see what exactly this is and #15 doesn't make any sense at ALL. As a matter of fact if every player is available in the league and I chose Drew Lock, Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Darnold I should be fired on the spot.

Just goes to show how much the quarterback position is valued. Teams take them at the top of the first round and ESPN takes them here over much better players simply because good ones are hard to find.

This is essentially just a QB ranking with a few other players thrown in to make it look like a draft.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Prescott, Wentz, and Burrows were picked over a a 6 time winning qb. Let that sink in and just goes to show how off this is.

If it were prime Brady yeah this would look stupid but would you rather build around a QB that has 10 years or one declining that could play 1 more season?