ESPN/FO: Reeves targeted more than any other CB in the NFL

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I like Reeves as much as I like Henry....not sure what all the distain is about...anyone who plays opposite Newman is going to get thrown at, he has been better than adequate in my opinion.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1848563 said:
I like Reeves as much as I like Henry....not sure what all the distain is about...anyone who plays opposite Newman is going to get thrown at, he has been better than adequate in my opinion.

There isn't much disdain, and if there is, it has been created by a single poster (whom I won't name). He's played about as well as a third string CB can be asked. He's OK, but I'd rather see him less often...meaning I'd rather see Henry get healthy AND us get someone more capable in the draft next year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;1848350 said:
Reeves plays off because of the scheme Wade asks them to play. I think Reeves has been a pleasant surprise this season.

el_chevo;1848354 said:
You guys seem to forget that he has never started prior to this year. Of course, for many of you who want to pat yourselves on the back and exclaim, "I told you so...," this is your perfect opportunity.

Agreed on both.

So I ask...

Is he any better than when he started?

Is all this EXTRA targeting helping him(real time experience/repetition)?

What is his upside? Can he ever be a #2 or 3 or?

Taz

Reaction score
TheHerd;1848327 said:
This is so true. Imagine if we got a real stud over on that side.

healthy tnews and a henerys are one of the best CB duos of all football

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Reeves is a very good corner.

He has the speed and the technique.

I hope Jerry has the sense to get his checkbook out and cut Reeves a new contract in 2008.

Otherwise, we are going to be losing a good player.

David276

Benched
Reaction score
and the article after that was probably one comparing Asante Samuel to Deion Sanders. And how he is better just because he is on "The greatest team of all time"

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
eduncan22;1848742 said:
Reeves is a very good corner.

He has the speed and the technique.

I hope Jerry has the sense to get his checkbook out and cut Reeves a new contract in 2008.

Otherwise, we are going to be losing a good player.

We're hoping that he lets Reeves go, and you get pissed, and become a fan of his new team...

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
:fact:
khiladi;1848356 said:
He is targetted because of a few reasons:

1. Terrance Newman
2. Dallas is stout in the run
3. Dallas gives a lot of underneath passes, i.e soft zone coverage

Overall, Reeves has done an adequate job.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1848357 said:
Reeves plays off because he lacks experience and because he isn't very good in tight coverage and will get burned more times than not.
thank you...and I have said it a hundred times...the Cowboys do not have nearly the confidence in their CBs that the fans do...and until you see them get in someone face and show some guts....the 3rd down conversions at crucial times will not go away

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear;1848901 said:
We're hoping that he lets Reeves go, and you get pissed, and become a fan of his new team...

You say that as if he's a fan of Reeves' current team, and you and I both know that is not the case.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Look how long it took him to show up.
Reeves is a good 3rd CB and that is it.