ESPN: Gallup could be traded but not likely

lqmac1

Reaction score
It’s not stating that anything is in the works, but it’s suggesting he would be the likely candidate.

If it were to happen, I don’t think we would be looking for draft picks.

https://insidethestar.com/espn-names-cowboys-wr-michael-gallup-as-most-likely-to-be-traded/amp/

ModEdit: edited click-bait article title to make it accurate and included quote

Todd Archer, who’s covered the Cowboys for many years, had this and more to say about Gallup:

“The Cowboys wouldn’t want to do this, but Gallup has not played since the opener because of a calf injury and is in the final year of his contract… Given the talent in the group, the Cowboys might be able to get something in return, but they wouldn’t want to walk away from Gallup.”

Last edited by a moderator:

DanA

Reaction score
The first things they say is that just because he's most likely doesn't mean it will happen, or that its even that likely. I personally think Ty Nseke might be most likely to be traded but he's not an enticing name.

Reaction score
I'd trade him for a first round pick. Maybe even a second if it's projected to he a high pick

He'not going to be on the team next year. And the offense has been fine without him.

Hardline

Reaction score
"Could be traded but not likely."

That's covering all your bases. No matter what happens it looks like you were right.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I'd trade him for a first round pick. Maybe even a second if it's projected to he a high pick

He'not going to be on the team next year. And the offense has been fine without him.
You trade guys…… Gallup and Collins will make us the best offense in league. Gallup opens up the whole field. While Collins at tackle allows Martin to help the center out. A draft pick does nothing for the Cowboys Super Bowl run.

Reaction score
You trade guys…… Gallup and Collins will make us the best offense in league. Gallup opens up the whole field. While Collins at tackle allows Martin to help the center out. A draft pick does nothing for the Cowboys Super Bowl run.
Relax.

Nobody is going to offer a 1st rounder for him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we could get something for him then I’d be all for it but with Cooper as banged up as he is I wouldn’t be against letting him rest when Gallup gets back until he is healed up.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't these idiots realize the players read these made-up rumors? Maybe Todd Archer should be looking for another job because he's being replaced by... insert any name.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It’s not stating that anything is in the works, but it’s suggesting he would be the likely candidate.

If it were to happen, I don’t think we would be looking for draft picks.

https://insidethestar.com/espn-names-cowboys-wr-michael-gallup-as-most-likely-to-be-traded/amp/

ModEdit: edited click-bait article title to make it accurate and included quote

Todd Archer, who’s covered the Cowboys for many years, had this and more to say about Gallup:

“The Cowboys wouldn’t want to do this, but Gallup has not played since the opener because of a calf injury and is in the final year of his contract… Given the talent in the group, the Cowboys might be able to get something in return, but they wouldn’t want to walk away from Gallup.”

Like the 2 teams you have, now just add the Reds to make it a trifecta.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't these idiots realize the players read these made-up rumors? Maybe Todd Archer should be looking for another job because he's being replaced by... insert any name.

Or maybe they would read the article and see it wasn't about rumors at all. ESPN just had their beat writers for each team state if their team were to make a trade, name a player that might be moved. They do this all the time. You'll see ESPN have their beat writers pick one FA that a team might sign. Or pick one rookie that will surprise. Or one surprising vet that could be cut out of camp. It's just a space filler article on their website.