ESPN: Gallup could be traded but not likely

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
bait-tom-hardy.gif

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I'd trade him for a first round pick. Maybe even a second if it's projected to he a high pick

He'not going to be on the team next year. And the offense has been fine without him.
So you're saying you wouldn't trade him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is our bye week, so they need to create stuff to keep us in the news. :muttley:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or maybe they would read the article and see it wasn't about rumors at all. ESPN just had their beat writers for each team state if their team were to make a trade, name a player that might be moved. They do this all the time. You'll see ESPN have their beat writers pick one FA that a team might sign. Or pick one rookie that will surprise. Or one surprising vet that could be cut out of camp. It's just a space filler article on their website.
But is it based on collected intel (truthful research) or just a guess? If it's a guess, it's just BS.

In case you can't tell, I'm a big fan and hope the Cowboys keep him.

Reaction score
But is it based on collected intel (truthful research) or just a guess? If it's a guess, it's just BS.

In case you can't tell, I'm a big fan and hope the Cowboys keep him.
It was not a rumor.

Nothing more than a guess from soemone who covers the team daily

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you imagine trying to cover fresh receivers in the 4th quarter? We have a great group and everyone of them should get ample playing time this year.

Loso86

Reaction score
It’s not stating that anything is in the works, but it’s suggesting he would be the likely candidate.

If it were to happen, I don’t think we would be looking for draft picks.

https://insidethestar.com/espn-names-cowboys-wr-michael-gallup-as-most-likely-to-be-traded/amp/

ModEdit: edited click-bait article title to make it accurate and included quote

Todd Archer, who’s covered the Cowboys for many years, had this and more to say about Gallup:

“The Cowboys wouldn’t want to do this, but Gallup has not played since the opener because of a calf injury and is in the final year of his contract… Given the talent in the group, the Cowboys might be able to get something in return, but they wouldn’t want to walk away from Gallup.”
Sounds like they want to find a way to sign him

Reactions: BAT

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys finally have enough depth to replace injured starters without a great loss of production so, of course, let's screw that up by getting rid of said talent.

Nothing is more important than winning the Super Bowl, it's why the Cowboys acquire the talent in the first place. That is where their focus should be, not on making trades that help the Cowboys in the future to do what? Win a Super Bowl?

There may not be better opportunity to go all the way for years, you never know.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I would not trade Gallup. If anyone listen to the voices form the sideline segment on the past game some of the players in the video were talking about how dinged up Cooper was.

Just based on risk management I would not trade him. I would ease him back into the lineup whiel giving Cooper some more rest.

This is the first time the league has gone into a 17 game schedule we need everyone to be available when we get to the SuperBowl.

plasticman

Reaction score
Would be foolish to trade him now.

Cooper is not even 80%.
That's an excellent point.

They could even use Gallup to give more rest to Cooper and allow him to be more rested and healthy come December.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Tender next year and his cap number is easily covered. If someone wants to bite on a 2nd or 1st round tender, be my guest.

DanA

Reaction score
Tender next year and his cap number is easily covered. If someone wants to bite on a 2nd or 1st round tender, be my guest.

You can only tender RFA's, not a UFA like Gallop and Gregory. Next year Gifford is the only player on our roster that is a RFA and can be tendered, the rest are all Unrestricted Free Agents.

EdmCowboy Fan

Reaction score
Wilson could also be traded. Or Brown. These guys can play.
I think all here would love trade a Risen Star. But Risen Crap theory comes in to effect. If one has Risen Star on one hand and Risen Crap on the other hand, what does one have…only crap on both hands.