ESPN: Hot Seat (Jerry Jones) and Preseason Power Rankings 11

Chasing6

Reaction score
Stephen has basically zero power unless Jerry gives it to him.

Back to my grim reaper comment, until that time comes Stephen doesn't have that much more power than anyone on this forum does.
I believe 90% of the challenges we are facing this off season have everything to do with the different approaches between Jerry and Stephen.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I believe 90% of the challenges we are facing this off season have everything to do with the different approaches between Jerry and Stephen.
Well, I am not sure which challenges you're referring to and it probably doesn't matter anyways.

What I can tell you is, Jerry's ultimately going to do things his way no matter what anyone else says. Which kind of affirms my statement that Stephen has zero power beyond what Jerry allows him to have

Stephen can certainly have his opinion but ultimately Jerry's signature is on the checks and he's going to do things his way. Period.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well, I am not sure which challenges you're referring to and it probably doesn't matter anyways.

What I can tell you is, Jerry's ultimately going to do things his way no matter what anyone else says. Which kind of affirms my statement that Stephen has zero power beyond what Jerry allows him to have

Stephen can certainly have his opinion but ultimately Jerry's signature is on the checks and he's going to do things his way. Period.
Well Jerry wanted Johnny Football. How did that work out?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Well Jerry wanted Johnny Football. How did that work out?
Jerry decided he didn't want him. If he really wanted him Manziel would have been a Cowboy. Period

The wild tales of Stephen getting in his dad's face to stop the pick from happening have been debunked for the myths that they are

Jerry runs the show, period. If you don't want to accept that, you're certainly free to think otherwise.

Doesn't change the reality though.

Sydla

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...024-hot-seat-candidates-players-coaches-execs

i

11. Dallas Cowboys

Post-draft ranking: 11
sw_ye_40.png

Who's on the hot seat: Team owner Jerry Jones

The easy answer is coach Mike McCarthy. Maybe quarterback Dak Prescott, too. Nothing that happens this year will impact Jones' status as the owner and general manager, but he has a lot on the line with how he constructed this year's team. Prescott is months from being a free agent. McCarthy -- who has won 36 games the past three seasons -- and his coaching staff are on one-year deals. If the Cowboys falter, Jones will likely be starting all over, 29 years removed from the Cowboys' last Super Bowl appearance. While the Cowboys said their season-ticket renewal was at more than 99%, according to Jones, the size of the crowds at training camp have been smaller, and anger with the organization seems to be higher than ever. A season that ends without a playoff appearance, at minimum, will ratchet up the heat on Jones. -- Todd Archer

About right.

Philly at 5 is kinda laughable.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The fuhrer feels zero heat. He answers to no one. He hasn't been accountable for any of his actions and here we are waiting to see if we’ll 30 years without a div playoff win.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
You and I agree 100% here

We could go 0-17 and lose every game by 3 TDs and Jerry will still be here selling his snake oil :laugh:
What’s worse many fans will still believe in Jerry’s ability to get us to an SB (including many on this site :rolleyes:)!