News: ESPN: Inside Micah Parsons' chase for a Cowboys Super Bowl title

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Let's just pray he actually gets to him
This D is designed that if MP cant somebody else will.
Overall pass rush this year is better now than last season.
Defense is in what I call shake down mode. where a lot of key pieces are in place, have been in place, and will remain in place with some contracts out of the way.
I've always preached about the evolution of this back seven specifically the ability to disguise a look now because less substitutions that show your intentions.
Having players like Kearse in this backfield is invaluable to DQs scheme.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, didn't both the Niners and Philly neutralize Parsons?
Yep. ONE sack and only 16 tackles in 3 playoff games. That's got to change from our leader of the defense. But he's young. I don't see him having anymore sub-par playoff games. And coaches need to put him in better situations. Bosa wasn't having much success against Tyron Smith so his coach moved him to the other side where he did better against Tyler Smith. Not very many rushers have success against the Silverback aka Trent Williams. He's humbled many edge rushers. Lane Johnson is a stud too, and Jordan Mailata is no joke either.

I'm going to give the young lion a break. His mane isn't fully grown yet. But it will!

Deionindahood

Reaction score
I wonder if Micah watched any old, grainy, VHS tapes of our past SBs for motivation?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dallas is incredibly lucky to have this guy. He is an unbelievable talent who has an unbelievable desire to be great.

There isn’t much better in the NFL world.
Indeed, it's like trying to figure out how to top a cherry on a banana split.
Maybe 2 banana splits?
Can't think of anything better, if MP improves over who he has been, greatness, thats when legends in the NFL are remembered.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Yep. ONE sack and only 16 tackles in 3 playoff games. That's got to change from our leader of the defense. But he's young. I don't see him having anymore sub-par playoff games. And coaches need to put him in better situations. Bosa wasn't having much success against Tyron Smith so his coach moved him to the other side where he did better against Tyler Smith. Not very many rushers have success against the Silverback aka Trent Williams. He's humbled many edge rushers. Lane Johnson is a stud too, and Jordan Mailata is no joke either.

I'm going to give the young lion a break. His mane isn't fully grown yet. But it will!

Deionindahood

Reaction score

You make good points. I also think that with Parsons ability to get home, he's not always able to set the edge. Parsons is doing what he does best, but I think he will become a complete player once he plays the whole position. He's vulnerable to the RPO as usually stud DEs get caught out of position. I believe that's what Philly did to slow his rush.

CB0711

Reaction score
I read an article on the New York Giants that suggested the way to neutralize Parsons was to run right at him with some designed QB runs. Do you guys believe he is susceptible to this, and how would he beat this?

shabazz

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, didn't both the Niners and Philly neutralize Parsons?
Actually, Micah was “neutralized” the last 6 games of the season.

1.5 sacks and 5 solo tackles total in those 6 games. 1 sack in 2 playoff games

i know this will make some upset but I can’t argue facts

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Well please don't tune in or go root for your undercover love affair with the Washington Commanders. We don't need soft, weak, crybaby, doom and gloom lil guys like you around here.
Thought you might like this for your fantasy world of rainbows and unicorns...

200w.gif