ESPN Insider: Mel Kiper Jr: Top 5 seniors by position

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Cbz40;1060296 said:
Drafting a stud QB in the 1st rd would certainly make Draft Day exciting for me. We drafted Troy in 1989......it's past time we draft a QB early.

You're gosh darn right it's past time. I've been begging for the last 5 years, when, BTW, we were in GREAT position to grab or make a move to aquire a QB.............even this year...........But noooooooooooo.....CBs, DEs, LBers........

Specialty players at the top, the rest at the bottom is the way I've always looked at it. You're hopefully not in a good position to get a high pick....so you shouldn't pass on those opportunities.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
jackrussell;1060308 said:
You're gosh darn right it's past time. I've been begging for the last 5 years, when, BTW, we were in GREAT position to grab or make a move to aquire a QB.............even this year...........But noooooooooooo.....CBs, DEs, LBers........

Specialty players at the top, the rest at the bottom is the way I've always looked at it. You're hopefully not in a good position to get a high pick....so you shouldn't pass on those opportunities.

We should have had Troy's replacement on the roster before he retired. Groomed and ready to take the reins.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40;1060311 said:
We should have had Troy's replacement on the roster before he retired. Groomed and ready to take the reins.

That is a great point. There wasn't a post-Troy plan at QB. The revolving door at backup QB is an example of JJ not planning for the future.

daniukid

Reaction score
I don't have too much respect for Kiper, but I have less now that he didn't even mention Marshawn Lynch from Cal as a top 5. Take my word, Lynch will be a 1st round draft pick- no questions asked. And we'll be lucky as Cowboys if he slips to us since he has Sanders like moves and power.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
daniukid;1060484 said:
I don't have too much respect for Kiper, but I have less now that he didn't even mention Marshawn Lynch from Cal as a top 5. Take my word, Lynch will be a 1st round draft pick- no questions asked. And we'll be lucky as Cowboys if he slips to us since he has Sanders like moves and power.

He's a junior. This list is for Seniors only.

You're right though. Kiper is an idiot.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Michigan State is something else- every year they are monsters for the first 3-4 games then melt down. Today they lost to illinois, easily the worst team in the big ten.
GT owned VT AT VT. Penn State is solid. Michigan is as usual. Purdue was 4-0. Quinn has played a tougher first five games then any other QB in college ball. TOday he was 29 of 38, 2 tds and 390 yds.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1059816 said:
where's Calvin Johnson?

glad we don't need RBs, this class is gonna stink

I like how Wolfe from Northern Illinois plays. Seems to me that the only thing he doesn't have is height. Could be another type like Warrick Dunn. Dunn has never been tall enough, but all he does is produce. He had crazy stats today.. 351 yards rushing...

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
Parcells' 2007 Dallas Cowboys Draft Board​

1. Matt Spaeth, TE Minnesota
2. Joe Newton, TE Oregon State
3. Scott Chandler, TE Iowa
4. Clark Harris, TE Rutgers
5. Martrez Milner, TE Georgia
6. Victor Abiamiri, DE/LB Notre Dame
7. Paul Posluszny, LB Penn State
8. Earl Everett, LB Florida
9. Rufus Alexander, LB Oklahoma
10. Will Herring, LB Auburn
11. KaMichael Hall, LB Georgia Tech
12. Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame
13. Jeff Samardzija, WR Notre Dame
14. Ryan Harris, OT Notre Dame
15. James Marten, OT Boston College
16. Josh Beekman, OG Boston College
17. Tom Zbikowski, S Notre Dame
18. Mason Crosby, K Colorado
19. Justin Medlock, K UCLA
20. Andrew Wellock, K Eastern Michigan
21. Brian Wingert, K Northern Iowa

* No OC, DT, ILB, CB available from a. Jersey, b. ND, c. BC, or d. Al Groh's UVA ;)

JaiRiid

Reaction score
Punters
3. Daniel Sepulveda, Baylor

I know we've got McBriar, the Austrailian Hoss, doing well... but this kid is amazing... tonight he booted a 78 yard punt...

cowboys19

Reaction score
I like Brian Brohm the most. I feel like he has the best attributes to succeed in the NFL

ghst187

Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31;1059764 said:
Jake Long is a top 5 offensive tackle

you are right on...and I'm not sure what this guy is thinking...

WRs:
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Jarret

QB:
Brian Brohm is at least the #2 QB in the nation

OL:
Jake Long is definitely on that list and should be in top 3

DE:
Lamar Woodley has to be on the list

LB:
The LB from Michigan should also be on this list, forget his name

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
ghst187;1060851 said:

WRs:
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Jarret

QB:

OL:

DE:

LB:

Calvin Johnson......isn't he a junior?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40;1060855 said:
Calvin Johnson......isn't he a junior?

Calvin Johnson (born September 25, 1985 from Tyrone, Georgia) is an American football player for the Georgia Institute of Technology. He played his first season for the Yellow Jackets in 2004 at the wide receiver position. He is often regarded as one of the best wide receivers in college football.

One of Georgia Tech's most highly publicized signees in recent years. Rated among the nation's top 10 wide receivers and top 100 players by virtually every recruiting analyst. Tabbed the No. 4 wide receiver and No. 15 player in the nation by TheInsiders.com. Named to the Super Southern 100 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Rivals 100 by Rivals.com, TheInsiders.com Hot 100, the SuperPrep All-America 275 and the Prep Star Top 100 Dream Team. Rated the No. 3 player in Georgia, No. 12 in the Southeast and No. 37 in the nation by Rivals.com. The No. 7 wide receiver in the nation by SuperPrep. First-team all-state selection (Class AAAA) by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Tabbed to the AJC's preseason Super 11. Caught 40 passes for 736 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior. Added 34 receptions for 646 yards and 10 scores as a junior for two-year totals of 80 catches, 1,479 yards and 18 TDs. [1]

Johnson has a rare combination of size (6-5, 235), speed (4.32), strength, leaping ability (45" vertical), body control and hand-eye coordination.

After just 24 games, he has 102 receptions for 1,725 yards and 13 touchdowns. He ranks seventh in Georgia Tech history in career receiving yards, 10th in receptions and tied for sixth in touchdown receptions. Over the last two seasons, he has been responsible for more than 40 percent of Tech's passing yards, despite constant double teams. In addition to his 102 catches, he has drawn 16 pass interference or defensive holding penalities. He has a career average of 16.9 yards per catch.

JonCJG

Reaction score
ghst187;1060851 said:

WRs:
Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Jarret

QB:

OL:

DE:

LB:

Prescott Burgess