ESPN Insider: Mel Kiper Jr: Top 5 seniors by position

Gordon

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1059782 said:
he's overrated and looked like crap all year

As a Notre Dame fan, I agree, he has struggled this year. With that said, he's struggled, and his stats still read...

92/158, 1086 yds, 11 TD, 4 INT

Gordon

Reaction score
D41lasCowboys31;1059764 said:
Jake Long is a top 5 offensive tackle

He's also a Junior.

Most of the offensive playmakers on the list dont excite me at all. Especially the WR's and QB's

The WR's coming in this draft class are going to be awesome and all the good WR's aren't even listed their, except for Samardzija.

Calvin Johnson (Jr), Dwayne Jarrett (Jr), Ted Ginn (Jr), Jason Hill (Sr - No idea why he's not on that list, I'd put him #2 behind Shark), Steve Smith (Sr), Jarret Hicks should all be taken in the first 2 rounds. Also, Sidney Rice is a Redshirt Sophomore, so he's elgible, but I'm not sure what his plans are.

glad we don't need RBs, this class is gonna stink

Not really.. Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch are both juniors and will probably be the first two RBs taken. AD is probably the best RB prospect since LT. Then you have Irons and Bush and that's a pretty good class. Plus, Brian Leonard should be taken in the first 2 rounds and is a better version than what Alstott was like 5 years ago. He can actually block and is a better overall runner.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Gordon;1059832 said:
He's also a Junior.

The WR's coming in this draft class are going to be awesome and all the good WR's aren't even listed their, except for Samardzija.

Calvin Johnson (Jr), Dwayne Jarrett (Jr), Ted Ginn (Jr), Jason Hill (Sr - No idea why he's not on that list, I'd put him #2 behind Shark), Steve Smith (Sr), Jarret Hicks should all be taken in the first 2 rounds. Also, Sidney Rice is a Redshirt Sophomore, so he's elgible, but I'm not sure what his plans are.

Not really.. Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch are both juniors and will probably be the first two RBs taken. AD is probably the best RB prospect since LT. Then you have Irons and Bush and that's a pretty good class. Plus, Brian Leonard should be taken in the first 2 rounds and is a better version than what Alstott was like 5 years ago. He can actually block and is a better overall runner.

Peterson is going to be a stud.
Those with the first 5-10 picks in this draft will be very happy.
Bradie Quinn
Adrian Peterson
Michael Bush
Ted Ginn
Calvin Johnson
Dwaynne Jarret
Levi Brown
Kyle Young
Laron Landry
Drew Stanton

Very formible top ten

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1059782 said:
he's overrated and looked like crap all year
I totally disagree and discount your agenda. I don't like Notre Dame, but I'm able to be honest.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1059816 said:
where's Calvin Johnson?

glad we don't need RBs, this class is gonna stink
Calvin is a Junior. This is a Senior's only list. Kiper doesn't include Juniors until they actually declare.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gordon;1059823 said:
As a Notre Dame fan, I agree, he has struggled this year. With that said, he's struggled, and his stats still read...

92/158, 1086 yds, 11 TD, 4 INT
You forgot the most important stat. He's 3-1 against 4 teams that were nationally ranked when ND faced them.

To me he hasn't played badly at all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Danny White;1059810 said:
Don't waste your breath... you're arguing with a 12-year old brick wall.
Brick walls are easy. They expose themselves. You don't even have to work hard.

Gordon

Reaction score
Hostile;1059855 said:
You forgot the most important stat. He's 3-1 against 4 teams that were nationally ranked when ND faced them.

I'm pretty sure GT and MSU were just outside the Top 25 when ND played them but your point still stands.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gordon;1059860 said:
I'm pretty sure GT and MSU were just outside the Top 25 when ND played them but your point still stands.
Actually they weren't. GT was pre-season #19 and MSU was undeafeated and had come in as #23 I believe.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1059855 said:

There goes Hos and his agenda. :p:

Gordon

Reaction score
Hostile;1059861 said:
Actually they weren't. GT was pre-season #19 and MSU was undeafeated and had come in as #23 I believe.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex?pollId=null&weekNumber=5&seasonYear=2006

Week 1 - GT had the 4th most votes outside the Top 25, so they were basically #29
Week 2 - #19 Penn State
Week 3 - #11 Michigan
Week 4 - MSU had the 5th most votes outside the Top 25, so they were basically #30

Like I said though, your point still stands, because those aren't exactly 1AA or Sun Belt teams.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1059797 said:
I disagree , Quinn is the best QB in the nation and is every bit as good as Carson Palmer was when he came out.
I am not a fan of ND but have seen every one of there games this year and although ND has not played to expectaions Quinn Has looked awsome.
the 1st game he played like crap. against michigan they made him look like a highschool qb. he's looked good in 2 outta 4 games

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1059866 said:
There goes Hos and his agenda. :p:
I hate Notre Dame, so it has nothing to do with an agenda. By all means bring something to back it up if you think you can beat that drum. I welcome the opportunity to deliver a beat down.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1059895 said:
I hate Notre Dame, so it has nothing to do with an agenda. By all means bring something to back it up if you think you can beat that drum. I welcome the opportunity to deliver a beat down.
Just poking fun. When someone doesn't like a player and criticizes him you say they have an agenda. You obviously like Quinn, so when you compliment him, I'll say you have an agenda.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'll take Quinn just based on his talent and being able to work with Charlie Weiss the past 2 years.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1059903 said:
Just poking fun. When someone doesn't like a player and criticizes him you say they have an agenda. You obviously like Quinn, so when you compliment him, I'll say you have an agenda.
So am I.

An agenda is a blindness to anything other than how you feel about a given topic. I don't sit on a pedastal and say Quinn is perfect. There's no such thing as a perfect QB. Until his constant detractors can remove their heads from a dark smelly place and admit that, then they are just perpetuating their agendas.

I have my agendas. Unlike the easily offended I don't run from mine. He isn't one of mine. I'm just honest and some people aren't tough enough to handle honesty.

No player in NCAA History has been outstanding for an entire season. Every player has rough games.

Only a stupid idiot would think otherwise. Sorry for the redundancy.

So, let's address what I've maintained that is my supposed "agenda." I say he's the best college QB prospect in the nation. That's as far as I go with it other than to point out his stats do not reflect the claims that he's been "terrible."

Can I back up my claim? Yeah, I can. Look again at Kiper's QB rating to open this thread. Go look at Coyle's or anyone else's out there ranking the QBs. Can you show me one that has any QB in the country ranked higher? I haven't seen one yet and I read them all I think.

So are all of these men who make a living doing this idiots who have swallowed the hype, or might there just be something that the agenda toting, know nothing, back up nothing few are blind to? How do you see it? It doesn't work both ways.

We both know what the right answer to that is. So that begs the question, why would these people ignore that? The key is the word blind. These bring nothing but crap to the table arguers expect Quinn to be perfect. He isn't. Therefore he's over rated and terrible. It's such a childish stance that it does nothign but make them look foolish. I'm not complaining. I like it when people look foolish. It amuses me.

I brought the word agenda to this forum as a part of the lexicon here. I'm proud of that. I don't run from it. I won't hide behind it. I won't get offended if someone accuses me of it. But for heaven's sake if you're going to take a swing at me or my agendas come with something concrete. Don't lob me a softball. That's not what I'm looking for.

So if it offends you (or anyone else who didn't pipe up) that I accused someone of an agenda you've (or they've) got 2 choices. Toughen up and take your best shot, or whine and pout and play the victim card. I'll oblige either choice. Just telegraph which way you want to be treated. I respect the challenge. I don't respect the whining.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1059858 said:
Brick walls are easy. They expose themselves. You don't even have to work hard.
yeah im a brickwall cause i don't buy into all the MEDIA hype like you guys

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I don't care about his stats. I've watched every game. I'm a "casual fan" of Notre Dame. The guy simply hasn't performed to potential. Against Michigan State he put up amazing stats, but didn't really look comfortable the entire game. He may be the best QB prospect out there right now, but that may be due to no real contenders. I mean, seriously, Drew Stanton as Kiper's 2nd best senior QB? Get real.

Oh, and about the use of the "agenda" word. It just gets played out around here at times. Saying that Quinn hasn't played well doesn't indicate that anyone has an agenda. Relative to his potential and his hype he hasn't played well. Heck, Charlie Weis confessed that he is wondering whether teams have figured him out.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1059949 said:
So am I.

An agenda is a blindness to anything other than how you feel about a given topic. I don't sit on a pedastal and say Quinn is perfect. There's no such thing as a perfect QB. Until his constant detractors can remove their heads from a dark smelly place and admit that, then they are just perpetuating their agendas.

I have my agendas. Unlike the easily offended I don't run from mine. He isn't one of mine. I'm just honest and some people aren't tough enough to handle honesty.

No player in NCAA History has been outstanding for an entire season. Every player has rough games.

Only a stupid idiot would think otherwise. Sorry for the redundancy.

So, let's address what I've maintained that is my supposed "agenda." I say he's the best college QB prospect in the nation. That's as far as I go with it other than to point out his stats do not reflect the claims that he's been "terrible."

Can I back up my claim? Yeah, I can. Look again at Kiper's QB rating to open this thread. Go look at Coyle's or anyone else's out there ranking the QBs. Can you show me one that has any QB in the country ranked higher? I haven't seen one yet and I read them all I think.

So are all of these men who make a living doing this idiots who have swallowed the hype, or might there just be something that the agenda toting, know nothing, back up nothing few are blind to? How do you see it? It doesn't work both ways.

We both know what the right answer to that is. So that begs the question, why would these people ignore that? The key is the word blind. These bring nothing but crap to the table arguers expect Quinn to be perfect. He isn't. Therefore he's over rated and terrible. It's such a childish stance that it does nothign but make them look foolish. I'm not complaining. I like it when people look foolish. It amuses me.

I brought the word agenda to this forum as a part of the lexicon here. I'm proud of that. I don't run from it. I won't hide behind it. I won't get offended if someone accuses me of it. But for heaven's sake if you're going to take a swing at me or my agendas come with something concrete. Don't lob me a softball. That's not what I'm looking for.

So if it offends you (or anyone else who didn't pipe up) that I accused someone of an agenda you've (or they've) got 2 choices. Toughen up and take your best shot, or whine and pout and play the victim card. I'll oblige either choice. Just telegraph which way you want to be treated. I respect the challenge. I don't respect the whining.

That's what I'm talking about!

"Abrasiveness!"

You gotta love it. :bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1059952 said:
yeah im a brickwall cause i don't buy into all the MEDIA hype like you guys
I'm not buying into any hype. I already said I hate Notre Dame. You skip that part?

Here you go brick wall, name me a better QB. Someone that if both wer eon the same team Quinn would ride the pine.

Don't try and bring in some weak better team crap. Who is a better QB. Who has more talent and potential? Prove all the experts in the media idiots. Back up your claims or just plain back up.