ESPN Insider: Mel Kiper Jr: Top 5 seniors by position

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1059797 said:
I disagree , Quinn is the best QB in the nation and is every bit as good as Carson Palmer was when he came out.
I am not a fan of ND but have seen every one of there games this year and although ND has not played to expectaions Quinn Has looked awsome.

Quinn was better last year than this yr...he isnt as accurate this yr and doesnt seem to have the same zip on the ball...I still think he's probably the #1 QB prospect, but I dont think he's an Elway/Aikman type prospect

David

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1059849 said:
Peterson is going to be a stud.
Those with the first 5-10 picks in this draft will be very happy.
Bradie Quinn
Adrian Peterson
Michael Bush
Ted Ginn
Calvin Johnson
Dwaynne Jarret
Levi Brown
Kyle Young
Laron Landry
Drew Stanton

Very formible top ten

Ted Ginn, IMO, is not a top ten player.

I know, go figure...........

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1059974 said:
I don't care about his stats. I've watched every game. I'm a "casual fan" of Notre Dame. The guy simply hasn't performed to potential. Against Michigan State he put up amazing stats, but didn't really look comfortable the entire game. He may be the best QB prospect out there right now, but that may be due to no real contenders. I mean, seriously, Drew Stanton as Kiper's 2nd best senior QB? Get real.

Oh, and about the use of the "agenda" word. It just gets played out around here at times. Saying that Quinn hasn't played well doesn't indicate that anyone has an agenda. Relative to his potential and his hype he hasn't played well. Heck, Charlie Weis confessed that he is wondering whether teams have figured him out.
I didn't throw the word agenda out there for someone saying "he hasn't played well."

That's the part that seems to be escaping you.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1060025 said:
I didn't throw the word agenda out there for someone saying "he hasn't played well."

That's the part that seems to be escaping you.
The term "hyperbole" seems to escape you. This is the interwebs after all.

BigWillie

Reaction score
The one guy who is the most intriguing on that entire list is Amobi Okoye.

Remember, he is only a 19 year old senior. When he came from Nigeria, he tested as a 9th grader, even though he was 12 years old. All of his life, he has played against older and more mature competition, and excelled. So really, he hasn't even matured into his body physically yet, which is quite scary.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1060032 said:
The term "hyperbole" seems to escape you. This is the interwebs after all.
No, the word hyperbole is exactly what I'm talking about as a blindness or an agenda. Read it again.

He's "terrible." <<<<<<<<<<< Not my conetnion.

:blind:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1060045 said:
No, the word hyperbole is exactly what I'm talking about as a blindness or an agenda. Read it again.

He's "terrible." <<<<<<<<<<< Not my conetnion.

:blind:
hy·per·bo·le (h&#299;-pûr'b&#601;-l&#275;)
n. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1060049 said:
n. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.

All I know is we are going to kick Tennessee's butt all darn day long.

Gordon

Reaction score
theogt;1059974 said:
I don't care about his stats. I've watched every game. I'm a "casual fan" of Notre Dame. The guy simply hasn't performed to potential. Against Michigan State he put up amazing stats, but didn't really look comfortable the entire game. He may be the best QB prospect out there right now, but that may be due to no real contenders. I mean, seriously, Drew Stanton as Kiper's 2nd best senior QB? Get real.

Oh, and about the use of the "agenda" word. It just gets played out around here at times. Saying that Quinn hasn't played well doesn't indicate that anyone has an agenda. Relative to his potential and his hype he hasn't played well. Heck, Charlie Weis confessed that he is wondering whether teams have figured him out.

He had a terrible 1st half vs. GT and MSU, and a terrible game against Michigan. But in the GT and MSU games, he was largely responsible for the comebacks. In the 2nd halves of those games he was phenomenal, and against PSU he was phenomenal. There hasn't really been an in between.

With that said, I think all the hype surrounding him led him and the rest of the team to press a little bit. With a relatively easy stretch of schedule coming up, I think he'll relax, settle in, and we'll see the consistent Brady Quinn of 2005, and you guys will be singing a different tune.

People have to remember that ND is in the national spotlight EVERY week, and they play against top notch competition EVERY week. There's really no cupcake games where a QB can work out the kinks if something isn't going right. Brady's out there trying to work out the kinks against some of the best teams in the nation.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
jackrussell;1060014 said:
Ted Ginn, IMO, is not a top ten player.

I know, go figure...........

I know he is not.
Neither is Kyle Young because he is a Center/guard but those are just the ten I like to be the best of the lot at the NFL level..
Ginn is an outstanding talent but not 6'3.
I think he will make some team very happy in the mid to late first

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gordon;1060070 said:
He had a terrible 1st half vs. GT and MSU, and a terrible game against Michigan. But in the GT and MSU games, he was largely responsible for the comebacks. In the 2nd halves of those games he was phenomenal, and against PSU he was phenomenal. There hasn't really been an in between.
Actually, the Notre Dame defense (and the MSU offense) should get credit for the Notre Dame comeback in the MSU game. Quinn had quite a few 3 and outs in that second half and happened to get lucky on 2 passes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;1060049 said:
Look up.

Gordon

Reaction score
theogt;1060083 said:
Actually, the Notre Dame defense (and the MSU offense) should get credit for the Notre Dame comeback in the MSU game. Quinn had quite a few 3 and outs in that second half and happened to get lucky on 2 passes.

HA, explain how he got "lucky"..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gordon;1060089 said:
"I believe in luck. I find that the harder I work, the more of it I have."

--Benjamin Franklin

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gordon;1060089 said:
Not really luck I guess, but I tend to discount throws when you're down by 2-3 scores and your opponent is playing prevent defense. The point is that when he should have been completing his short and medium passes and driving the ball steadily in the 3rd quarter his was wildly inaccurate, causing his team to sputter on 3 and outs.

Gordon

Reaction score
theogt;1060101 said:
Not really luck I guess, but I tend to discount throws when you're down by 2-3 scores and your opponent is playing prevent defense. The point is that when he should have been completing his short and medium passes and driving the ball steadily in the 3rd quarter his was wildly inaccurate, causing his team to sputter on 3 and outs.

Did you watch the game? If you did, you will remember that there was what can probably be considered a monsoon going over Michigan for the majority of the 2nd half.. Yet Brady Quinn's 2nd half stats..

9/16, 186 yds, 3 TDs

He brought the team back from down 17 points in hostile territory and terrible weather, and all you can say is he had a couple of bad drives. Ok, all that says is he's not perfect. The fact that he did have a couple of drives is irrelevant considering he did enough to win the game.

Of the 3 TD passes, the McKnight TD in the corner of the end zone was a beautiful pass. The Samardzija TD came on 4th down, so something tells me MSU wasn't in prevent. The Carlson TD was a catch and run and I guess can be considered a defensive breakdown, but I don't see how you can hold that against him.

Something tells me you have an agenda.. Michigan fan? USC? FSU? OSU/Troy Smith fan?

Now excuse me, I have to go watch Brady shred the Boilermakers.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gordon;1060122 said:
Did you watch the game? If you did, you will remember that there was what can probably be considered a monsoon going over Michigan for the majority of the 2nd half.. Yet Brady Quinn's 2nd half stats..

9/16, 186 yds, 3 TDs

He brought the team back from down 17 points in hostile territory and terrible weather, and all you can say is he had a couple of bad drives. Ok, all that says is he's not perfect. The fact that he did have a couple of drives is irrelevant considering he did enough to win the game.

Of the 3 TD passes, the McKnight TD in the corner of the end zone was a beautiful pass. The Samardzija TD came on 4th down, so something tells me MSU wasn't in prevent. The Carlson TD was a catch and run and I guess can be considered a defensive breakdown, but I don't see how you can hold that against him.

Something tells me you have an agenda.. Michigan fan? USC? FSU? OSU/Troy Smith fan?

Now excuse me, I have to go watch Brady shred the Boilermakers.
See? This is what I mean. This is ridiculous. I've already said in this thread that I'm somewhat of an Irish fan. If you watched that game he was uncomfortable and inaccurate for the most part.