ESPN: Jason Garrett's Staying!

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
1fisher;1910976 said:
I hear ya dooms..... some people will complain about the smallest thing.

Speaking about being unprofessional... how about when Cowher stuffed the picture in the refs pocket?:laugh2:

My favorite "unprofessional sideline moment by a coach" was when Buddy Ryan took a swing at Kevin Gilbride.

Of course, Parcells giving Haley a forearm shove was pretty funny, too.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stardeep;1910977 said:
Not sure if this has been posted, but yesterday in an interview with Fox sports Aikman had this to say:

"I know Jason very well. He is one of my closest friends. He's got as much integrity and is one of the most ethical people that I've been around. Money doesn't motivate this guy. Fame doesn't motivate him. Power doesn't motivate him. He would come back because of the quality of the job, the quality of the life and would be in no rush to take anything he didn't feel was in the best interest of his family."
I can't even figure out what this even means. When did Troy turn into a politician?

Reaction score
HurdIsNoTurd;1910969 said:
This is better news for Jason than it is for us, thats for sure. Even though its great news for both.

Glad you used your head Jason, excited to see what you can do with the second year of this offense in your system. But just how could you pass up the three headed beast of boller, mason, clayton.

i think you meant three headed bust, not beast? :laugh2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
stardeep;1910977 said:
Not sure if this has been posted, but yesterday in an interview with Fox sports Aikman had this to say:

"I know Jason very well. He is one of my closest friends. He's got as much integrity and is one of the most ethical people that I've been around. Money doesn't motivate this guy. Fame doesn't motivate him. Power doesn't motivate him. He would come back because of the quality of the job, the quality of the life and would be in no rush to take anything he didn't feel was in the best interest of his family."

But Jerry had to offer more than Baltimore.:D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Mavs Man;1910980 said:
Not that it makes it easier to swallow, but for means of correction that stat is for the NFC only. No NFC #1 seed has lost in the divisional round in 17 years. If you include the AFC, it has been done several times - notably, just last year (San Diego Chargers). And the season before that the #1 seed Indianapolis Colts lost to the #6 seed in the divisional round. Before that, the Titans lost in 2000, the Chiefs in 1997, the Broncos in 1996, and the Chiefs again in 1995.

That's six times in 12 seasons (not including this year) - that's a significant number, especially considering that the AFC's Super Bowl record over that same time span is 8-4.

Yes, but the AFC is a disgrace to the entire NFL. ;)

CPonder14

Reaction score
theogt;1910984 said:
I can't even figure out what this even means. When did Troy turn into a politician?

he is a family man, who is not motivated by money, or fame would be my guess.........................:confused:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
1fisher;1910976 said:
I hear ya dooms..... some people will complain about the smallest thing.

Speaking about being unprofessional... how about when Cowher stuffed the picture in the refs pocket?:laugh2:

Thus far I have seen comments that Wade is passionless and now shows too much emotion. I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder. I don't think any one way is the right way what makes a coach is does his players believe in what they are doing. I don't think Wade has lost this team or the respect from his players

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CPonder14;1910991 said:

he is a family man, who is not motivated by money, or fame would be my guess.........................:confused:
Thanks for restating the quote.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CPonder14;1910991 said:

My guess is was very motivated when he lost around $6M on that car dealership off I35 East. :laugh2:

coogrfan

Reaction score
theogt;1910668 said:
Lord knows Capers knows how to collapse the pocket and confuse QBs.

I know a few Texans fans who would take issue with this statement. The only consistently harrased and confused qb seen during his time in Houston was his own. :cool:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
coogrfan;1911004 said:
I know a few Texans fans who would take issue with this statement. The only consistently harrased and confused qb seen during his time in Houston was his own. :cool:

Man that picture is priceless.:lmao2: :lmao:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1910971 said:
I don't think this team digressed under Wade and I do think there was improvement with team.

They may not have digressed under Wade... but they "ate the cheese"... the bought the bill of goods that they were the "almighty #1 seed"

Once they got there "...cheese/...seed"

WADE could not get them back.

THAT is the issue I have with his style.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Excellent news.....Jerry is a pretty good salesman.....Ummm ...What did he promise Garrett to stay.:)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Cbz40;1911031 said:
Excellent news.....Jerry is a pretty good salesman.....Ummm ...What did he promise Garrett to stay.:)

Rights to the new satdium?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;1910930 said:
We must gave been listening to different press conferences. The DFW intelligentsia called for his head, and with good reason. Instead of a mea culpa, we got an hour of embarrassing spin and equivocation. I mean, citing the fact that we made the "elite 8" and not advancing to the next round? Is he serious? Like that should provide solace? Earth to Wade: we made history when we lost that game to the Giants. No #1 seed had performed so ineptly in 17 years. There are no silver linings after such a debacle. Sunday's game was not an aberration, but rather the culmination of a painful, month-long slide. Does the buck stop with him or not? Is he the coach, or some clown yukking it up in commercials pretending to yawn? Yes, he was a nice change of pace from fire-breather Bill, but hitching our wagon to a placid journeyman with a futile post-season record swung too far in the opposite direction. He has one more year to get it right before Mrs. Garrett starts measuring his office for new drapes.
It only takes listening to the first few sentences of the PC to hear him take blame for it.