ESPN: Jason Garrett's Staying!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
iceberg;1910889 said:
amen to that. as usual when you try to fix problems, you go to an extreme to get it done.

parcells 1 extreme. phillips the other. hopefully we'll swing back to the middle some and garrett is that guy to be laid back to ease the tension but a foot up the hiney when needed.

I'd have a hard time keeping a straight face if Garrett was yelling at me.:D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1910890 said:
I understand. It would suck for you to total them all up and only find out your were wrong.

...thats the best you can do? At least I presented the data, all you could do is make empty statements.

CPonder14

Reaction score
theogt;1910890 said:
I understand. It would suck for you to total them all up and only find out your were wrong.

hey everyone is wrong now and then, except for you;)

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
theogt;1910886 said:
Garrett to explain decision
10:57 AM Thu, Jan 17, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Jason Garrett will address his decision to turn down a head coaching offer in Baltimore, pull out of the running for the Atlanta job and remain as Cowboys offensive coordinator at 2 p.m. today at Valley Ranch.

We'll be there, so keep it here to find out what he has to say.

Jason will walk to the podium and say, "Surprise, I'm still here."

Wade, standing behind him, will then chuckle nervously.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
YoMick;1910851 said:
As long as teams are willing to take chances on college coaches... Jason will have MANY chances to be a HC in the future.

I think its nonsense that it was "now or never for his HC opp"....

The iron will get hot plenty more times before he is 60

Ummm... I was referring to Williams moreso than Garrett.
I never said now or never, I said 'strike while he is hot'.

And age has to do with this how ?

CPonder14

Reaction score
theogt;1910790 said:
Absolutely. 1000%. I like the guy a lot. He's obviously capable and should only improve. But if it came down to him or Wade, I'd pick Wade every time.

Seriously, you would pick the child on the sidelines?

Reaction score
theogt;1910886 said:
Garrett to explain decision
10:57 AM Thu, Jan 17, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Jason Garrett will address his decision to turn down a head coaching offer in Baltimore, pull out of the running for the Atlanta job and remain as Cowboys offensive coordinator at 2 p.m. today at Valley Ranch.

We'll be there, so keep it here to find out what he has to say.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Garrett to explain decision" has no entry tags.

It's quite simple, he's being groomed to be the man in Dallas :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1910790 said:
Absolutely. 1000%. I like the guy a lot. He's obviously capable and should only improve. But if it came down to him or Wade, I'd pick Wade every time.

Thats very Peter Griffin of you... ;)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CPonder14;1910904 said:
Seriously, you would pick the child on the sidelines?

child? This was Wade's 1st year as HC and this team did show a lot of positives enough to warrent his remaing the HC.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1910845 said:
Gregg Williams was signed to be the Assistant HC Defense, basically a fancy title to be the DC. He was not signed to replace Joe Gibbs.

I could see it happening because of his experience, but he could have left years ago. If anything the 2006 season hurt his chances of security (same could happen with Garrett).

I expected Garrett to strike while he was hot, but if Jerry is going to pay him as a HC, then why should he leave ? Rarely blamed and fat pockets. Win/win for Jason.

SkinsandTerps;1910903 said:
Ummm... I was referring to Williams moreso than Garrett.
I never said now or never, I said 'strike while he is hot'.

And age has to do with this how ?

Ummm... Re-read your own post.
You made an "expected" statement about Garrett.

Still I am suprised at your angle on this. The way things are nowadays... people get chances "expected" or "unexpected"... "deserving or not deserving"...

Williams didnt jump into the coaching pool yet... but if he did... there would be takers NOW... regardless of the fact that he didnt back then.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1910909 said:
child? This was Wade's 1st year as HC and this team did show a lot of positives enough to warrent his remaing the HC.

Tell me he didn't act like a child on the sidelines?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1910909 said:

What about the better team losing when the season is on the line, how about a history of one and outs in the playoffs, how about a soft head coach and what seems to be a lack of discipline coming from the team.

Those are cause for concern? The fact that it seems to be a pattern from Phillips? The NFL is cyclical. The Cowboys are currently in the good years with lots of talented players. Teams do not stay like that, and you want to burn another year under a coach that has proven several times, he cannot get it done?

The definition of insanity is to repeat the same process expecting different results. We are about to repeat a process that has been repeated four times with the same results.

Logic say this is a mistake.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CPonder14;1910915 said:
Tell me he didn't act like a child on the sidelines?

Ok he did not act like a child on the sidelines. Did he show emotions yes and I have seen other coaches show it as well. Just based on hearing from players I think they have respect for Wade and believe in him to me that is what matters not how fans feel about him. We lost so I'm not surprised by what is being said about Wade, it comes with the job. I also do not believe in firing any coach at the drop of a hat, Wade came in and the team did show some improvement and I think the man deserves more time as the HC.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;1910912 said:
Explain? I've never really liked that show.

The show is based off the relation of old TV and movies, but that wasn't what I was relating too. THIS is what I was refering too! :laugh2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1910848 said:
True. And he took the blame himself. So I don't know exactly where this "lost respect" would come from.

We must have been listening to different press conferences. The DFW intelligentsia called for his head, and with good reason. Instead of a mea culpa, we got an hour of embarrassing spin and equivocation. I mean, citing the fact that we made the "elite 8" and not advancing to the next round? Is he serious? Like that should provide solace? Earth to Wade: we made history when we lost that game to the Giants. No #1 seed had performed so ineptly in 17 years. There are no silver linings after such a debacle. Sunday's game was not an aberration, but rather the culmination of a painful, month-long slide. Does the buck stop with him or not? Is he the coach, or some clown yukking it up in commercials pretending to yawn? Yes, he was a nice change of pace from fire-breather Bill, but hitching our wagon to a placid journeyman with a futile post-season record swung too far in the opposite direction. He has one more year to get it right before Mrs. Garrett starts measuring his office for new drapes.

1fisher

Reaction score
YoMick;1910925 said:
Yeah, he did.

His goofy fistpump made him stand out:D

Which is worse... a goofy fist pump or kissing your players on the sideline?:laugh2: