ESPN: Jerry Jones' comments on Dak Prescott needing to step up with a bigger contract

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree 100% with Booger. I’m glad Jerry said the soft part loud. Dak’s going to have to do more with less if Jerry pays Dak’s price. If there is any belief or reservations that Dak can’t do more with less then don’t pay his price.
It seems the Pampering days are over for #4.
Honestly who the heck is he to get a free ride?
You want 60 million man, well prove you're worth it.
Beating dog teams in the regular season ain't cutting it Dak.
There is no way he survives this upcoming schedule esp with all the outside on-grass games......mama Mia....look away look away it will be gruesome!!
306afaad-558d-41a9-b837-379663b5a471_text.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm confused......is he questioning Dak's ceiling, work ethic or leadership? IF you mean this, then it seems to me we need to shut down any talk of extension until after the season.

The bottom line is this goes back to his disappointment with the GB game IMO. In one of the biggest games of his career, Dak shows up ill-prepared. I have said it before and will say it again, something happened that week before the game that raised a red flag in leadership.

Last edited:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I get the bashing of Dak's most recent playoff games but the earlier part of his career he did more than enough to win ALL of them.

Even his last 3 playoff losses, his defense and teammates have totally let him down. I watch every single playoff game, and recently the only QB who's been let down by his teammates and defense more is Rodgers. Well...Matt Ryan too. If he counts as recent. Just the cold hard facts.

Everyone else has players around them doing their job more times than not.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
In other words, it sounds like Jerry isn't going to give Dak more money until he proves his worthiness first. Now, that's a tough stance to take.

I wonder if Dak will take that as a challenge, or otherwise, possibly decide that he wants to play elsewhere. The ball is clearly in Dak's court.

It looks like the next decision is his to make. He'll either decide to work harder or go elsewhere, if he wants to retain his current occupation!

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I get the bashing of Dak's most recent playoff games but the earlier part of his career he did more than enough to win ALL of them.
This is true but it appears they are saying if Dak wants to be the highest-paid QB, he has to show he can the difference between 3 and 7 points. In other words, can you make a make play with no play, can you be the difference when your WRs or OLine is having a bad day? All QBs make routine plays, but special/elite QBs can make music from nothing.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I agree 100% with Booger. I’m glad Jerry said the soft part loud. Dak’s going to have to do more with less if Jerry pays Dak’s price. If there is any belief or reservations that Dak can’t do more with less then don’t pay his price.
Agree, but it sounds as if he's going to capitulate to Dak's demands.....again, BUT, putting the onus fully upon him to produce.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In other words, it sounds like Jerry isn't going to give Dak more money until he proves his worthiness first. Now, that's a tough stance to take.

I wonder if Dak will take that as a challenge, or otherwise, possibly decide that he wants to play elsewhere.

The ball is clearly in Dak's court. It looks like the next decision is his to make!

:popcorn:
Yea, this is what I'm reading into this also.........I'm sensing frustration from Jerry. It would not surprise me if their last offer makes him the highest paid QB but it's not enough for France to keep him off the market.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
This is true but it appears they are saying if Dak wants to be the highest-paid QB, he has to show he can the difference between 3 and 7 points. In other words, can you make a make play with no play, can you be the difference when your WRs or OLine is having a bad day? All QBs make routine plays, but special/elite QBs can make music from nothing.
If you're asking him to be Manning, Mahomes, and Brady that might never happen.

But can he play better than he's played in his last 3 playoff losses? Absolutely.

I just don't think the fact that he's gonna be the highest paid means he has to outplay everyone. It's not a merit based payment system. He's just the most recent contract.

coult44

Reaction score
Run roh Stans. Looking like Dakkypoo may have to prove it this season if he wants another big contract from Dallas or any team.

We know how he does under pressure in the playoffs let's see how he handles pressure for his next paycheck
I can hang with you until the last statement. Why is it difficult to get in y’all’s heads that Dak is only getting 60 in Dallas. If he leaves. Hell get 70

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
To me this is an unprofessional statement from a GM. Why? Because you can't put up a generally valid measurement for such a "requirement". That's like a boss saying "I want you to be the happiest employee if you want that raise".

So I also think this is just venting. Maybe the issue is something another NTC which Jerry doesn't want to grant right now? I can't imagine that money is the issue here. He likes his guys after all.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can hang with you until the last statement. Why is it difficult to get in y’all’s heads that Dak is only getting 60 in Dallas. If he leaves. Hell get 70
Well, that remains to be seen. The option that it would take would require Dak to make an extremely bold decision! Intriguing scenario. :huh:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
T
"At some point, you can't make all the money and do less work. He's got to do more work."

Thats a nice statement by JJ. But that is only to satisfy the public opinion.

Its not like Dak didnt want to do more. And all that is needed is some pressure by the FO.

The guy is not able to do more. No demands by an owner can change that.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
How do you get to these numbers?

Do you have any kind of work behind those statements you can lean that on?

If so please post your work so we are all be able to follow your thinking process. Or are thise numbers just fictional BS?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones:

"Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on what Plan B is at quarterback for next year with no quarterbacks currently under contract: Do you know in this day and time you can have them under contract and they still not come? So contracts isn't the end all solution. Some of the best decisions that I've been a part of with the Cowboys have been when we didn't have contracts one way or the other whether the player was on our team or some other team. So I've quit a long time ago getting bent out of shape whether we have someone under contract or not."

What Dak ought to do is force Jerry's hand by suddenly sitting out right now as the season is about to start. Force Jerry to start Cooper Rush and Trey Lance and watch those losses start accumulating while the season starts becoming unwinnable. Then watch the public outcry from Cowboys Nation worldwide for Jerry to stop being a fool and save the season by re-signing Dak!

That will make Jerry eat his words.