News: ESPN: Jones won't rule out Dez returning to Cowboys

Blake

Reaction score
because the #DezHaters will meltdown.

DEZ is back and ready to roll.

Dez isn't back unless we ya know... actually sign him. So curb your enthusiasm for the room temperature IQ dumb dumb until he's actually on the team.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Weakness by whom?

You?

I noticed that Witten is not being asked back.

Lee wants to go elsewhere..the Giants?

Maybe they can both get hired there.

Garrett can welcome them both.

That clears the way for Dez to return.

Hmmm...
So who's spot does he play?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY the reason why this team has been the way it has been since Jimmy left. This should be MM's decision, not Jerry's. Once more, Jerry is undermining his HC. If Jerry forces Dez on MM there will no question that things area going to be status quo in the organization.

For the record, I have no problem with Dez getting a try-out as long as MM feels he deserves one and Jerry respects MM's decision either way...
exactly, jerry should leave personnel decisions to mike. But we can hope mike at least is consulted
on moves like this.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wonder if he'll just foist Dez on MM like he did TO on Parcels. I fear we are back in puppet territory.

I have no idea why anyone thinks Jerry is going to suddenly change who he is at age 77.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This is EXACTLY the reason why this team has been the way it has been since Jimmy left. This should be MM's decision, not Jerry's. Once more, Jerry is undermining his HC. If Jerry forces Dez on MM there will no question that things area going to be status quo in the organization.

For the record, I have no problem with Dez getting a try-out as long as MM feels he deserves one and Jerry respects MM's decision either way...

f7FdEdG_d.jpg

Jeffkills

Reaction score
No part of my post was supposed to be funny. Dez WAS great 6 or 7 years ago, he never will again be great. No team with any ambition to succeed should be looking in his direction.
I take Dez as soon as yesterday.

Half you guys don't remember football...

Dracula

Reaction score
See McCarthy, this is why nobody wants to coach in Jerryland. Hey, can we rethink Manziel, Witten, and Sean Lee. Jerry, for lord's sake, please just shut up and walk away, from the camera, just once.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I take Dez as soon as yesterday.

Half you guys don't remember football...

The problem is, yesterday to Dez was over 2 years ago. People are acting like Dez just became a FA and was a productive player for the last 2 seasons. His production was dropping off big time before he was released and his achilles injury came after that. Add to that that he's also going on 3 years older.

Like l said, l have no problem with a tryout as long as it's MM's decision and not forced on him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Guess the other half don't remember how incompetent he'd become his last year here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you're overstating a bit here. Dez had a hard time getting on the same page with Dak, that much is documented. Many of the same people who claim Dak is inaccurate are quick to turn around and say it's the receiver's fault when things don't click depending on the narrative they're trying to advance. Dez's production dropped primarily due to three factors.1) He got hurt, 2) He was learning how to work with a young QB and 3) the team shifted the focus of the offense away from him. If we assume #1 is no longer an issue and neither should #2 since Dak is better now than he was 2-3 years ago all that's left is #3. If the team is not going to demand that he be a #1 (and not pay him like one) then playing (and paying ) him as a #3 (or a #4) would be a no brainer. If nothing else he would be an instant upgrade at punt return than anything we've had since we stopped letting him do it.