ESPN latest update--speculation on what happened

Woods

Reaction score
I am curious to hear what BP's reaction will be to these events . . . .

He'll probably just give Davis one of those "stares" and tell him to get ready for practice. :)

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Rack said:
Well... he was out at 5 am on a saturday night and got shot... again.

What world do you live in? Just wondering, I'd like to move there one day. A place where people only make one mistake once in their lives, then never again.

You act like this would be an odd occurance... someone making the same (or similiar) mistake twice. It happens all the time.

i live in a world were every super bowl the cowboys win :) and everyone else sucks...horribly...

it is an odd occurance, but if it happened like so " 03 got shot, 04 got shot, 05 got shot, 06 got shot...and so forth" then yes i would be questioning (sp?) where he was and what activities he was doing, but it didn't

i do see where your point of view is coming from, he was out late into the night and was most likely in a bad neighborhood...again. so what was he doing and so forth.

i dont think he ment to get shot the first time by breaking up a fight or this second time while driving.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
They were showing a local sheriff talking about what happened. He said there is little information (the description of the car is very generic).

What he DID say is that they think it was a potential carjacking.

I know a lot of people are speculating about actions on the part of Davis that may have caused it. I live in DC, & I have an acqaintance who was shot in the face in the middle of the day as she was unloading groceries from her car. It was a carjacking, & she had given up the car, but he shot her in the face anyway. It can happen to anyone. (I've also been shot at, by someone who got mad at me while driving because he couldn't cut in front of me.)

Wow...you was lucky.......take care

felix360

Reaction score
hey i never said i the whole family vacation thing was true i agree it seems kind of fishy but i dont see where people are talking about him being at an ATM.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
He doesn't have any family to bring home with him, you know. He's not married, and he doesn't have kids. And he had a friend in his car with him.

Here's Keith's version of what happened (from JJT's story) --

------------------------------------------------------------

At the time of the shooting, Mr. Davis said, he was returning home from Shreveport, La., where he had spent the weekend with friends and family.

"I wasn't going to go home, but I had missed church the previous Sunday," said Mr. Davis, "and we've got training camp coming up, and I didn't want to miss another Sunday. We were going to get home in time to change clothes and head to church."

Then he couldn't of been on a "Family" vacation then huh?

Unless it was with his mother, father, siblings...

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it sure seems kind of fishy.

And if KD really was out partying does anyone really expect him to come out and say "well I was out getting drunk last night, started home about about 4:45 am and someone shot at me on the freeway".

Somehow I'm guessing he wouldn't admit to being out if he knows his butt can get cut for doing so (since it has happened before).

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Rack said:
You act like this would be an odd occurance... someone making the same (or similiar) mistake twice. It happens all the time.

I would call getting shot twice in your life an odd occurance.

Guess I just grew up in a different place....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
What world do you live in? Just wondering, I'd like to move there one day. A place where people only make one mistake once in their lives, then never again.

alot of people make one mistake and never do it again

but then again, alot of people don't

so it's hard to say

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
And if KD really was out partying does anyone really expect him to come out and say "well I was out getting drunk last night, started home about about 4:45 am and someone shot at me on the freeway".

Somehow I'm guessing he wouldn't admit to being out if he knows his butt can get cut for doing so (since it has happened before).

if he wants to catch those who shot him, he better fess up, I think football is the farthest thing from his mind right now and what Parcells might do to him, so I feel he's telling the truth

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
if he wants to catch those who shot him, he better fess up, I think football is the farthest thing from his mind right now and what Parcells might do to him, so I feel he's telling the truth

Dunno.

I bet its not. Football allows him a high standard of living....and I don't doubt money is important to him (just like almost everybody). I bet he was thinking about it...

Doesn't mean he is lying/telling the truth necessarily.

But I do bet football crossed his mind...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

I doubt that. Especially if he KNOWS what happened and why. We aren't talking about a job at 7/11. We talking about a professional football career. I guarantee he's thinking about it regardless of the reason he got shot and if he knows who did it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage said:
But I do bet football crossed his mind...

oh, I'm not doubting that, just saying the 1st thing that popped into his mind wasn't, "Oh my God, I better make this look as good as possible or I might get cut"

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
oh, I'm not doubting that, just saying the 1st thing that popped into his mind wasn't, "Oh my God, I better make this look as good as possible or I might get cut"

I doubt it too. He probably was hoping to be alive.

But when asked what happened, he probably had already thought of his football career.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
I doubt that. Especially if he KNOWS what happened and why. We aren't talking about a job at 7/11. We talking about a professional football career. I guarantee he's thinking about it regardless of the reason he got shot and if he knows who did it.

I'm just talking from my own personal self, I haven't been shot, but I'd be as truthful with the police as possible if I was in this situation, afterall, I'd want to get back at those sons of b*BEEP*

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage said:
I doubt it too. He probably was hoping to be alive.

But when asked what happened, he probably had already thought of his football career.

he probably thought of alot of things

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rack said:
Then he couldn't of been on a "Family" vacation then huh?

Unless it was with his mother, father, siblings...

According to the reports, he was in Shreveport with family and friends. That doesn't mean they all have to ride home with him, does it?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rack said:

Rack, it amazes me about how adamant you are that the guy was out getting drunk, got into a fight, and got shot on the freeway! It really does amaze me.

I understand why you are saying this, because he got shot once before, but, it still amazes me how you are able to type your words as "that has to be the way it went down"...no other possible explanation...he was out drunk, took some guys girl home with him, the boyfriend and his buddies followed him...they tried to assassinate him, but since they were drunk also, the shots they fired missed because they could not focus because of the alcohol...so KD threw some weed out the car, they pulled over to the side of the road, had sex, then the girl drove him to the hospital.

You give absoutely no credence to the story that he put out! He's lying, and you know it, right? It has to be that way! Noone gets shot two time in three or four years...well, my brother did...he survived and he is a Christian man living in Arlington...

Lighting does strike twice in the same place, it has happened before, and there are people that have been hit by lightening more the two times!

Why you are so adamant that he was out gangbanging is strange to me. Especially when noone really know the truth! Well, noone except you, I guess....

Carry on...

:star:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CowboyJeff said:
pbthal, your post says it all. You dont see Greg Ellis out past 2AM do you? You also dont see Drew Bledsoe out past 2AM either. No matter what to do to change them, a scorpion will always go back to what it knows: STING.
Do they go out at 6 am? 7am? Whats so different about 5 am?

I drove to San Antonio to see them at Training Camp twice in the past 5 years at 5 am.

Nothing criminal, immoral or even seedy is implied by being out at 5 am except for the most small-minded folks.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

I'm sure it wasn't, but he has PLENTY of time from when he got shot till when he had to come up with an explanation (the truth or otherwise) so his first thought after the bullet hit him is really irrelevant.

According to the reports, he was in Shreveport with family and friends. That doesn't mean they all have to ride home with him, does it?

"Reports" huh? Ok, Adam. :rolleyes:

Rack, it amazes me about how adamant you are that the guy was out getting drunk, got into a fight, and got shot on the freeway! It really does amaze me.

See this is the kind of pathetic crap that keeps me from posting here more often. Either you're ignorant and can't tell the difference between an opinion and a theory, or you just like to spin doctor posts.

I never said he was out drinking and got into a fight. In fact, I NEVER even theorized that he got into a fight. Not ONCE. Learn to read and reply accordingly, or don't bother replying at all.

You know what amazes me? How MORONIC people can be sometimes.

Why you are so adamant that he was out gangbanging is strange to me

***?! Yesterday I was CRITICIZING the people that said he was out gangbanging. ***, can't you freakin' read?! I never freakin' said that. EVER. How the hell does a possible theory of him out having a good time translate to him being a gang banger? What freakin' brain cell in your tiny head came up with that translation?

Nothing criminal, immoral or even seedy is implied by being out at 5 am except for the most small-minded folks.

You'd make a horrible investigator.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyJeff said:
pbthal, your post says it all. You dont see Greg Ellis out past 2AM do you? You also dont see Drew Bledsoe out past 2AM either. No matter what to do to change them, a scorpion will always go back to what it knows: STING.

Just because you don't hear about doesn't mean they aren't out that late.
They aren't going to report.."Bledose was out until 4 AM, but nothing happened..."

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rack said:
I'm sure it wasn't, but he has PLENTY of time from when he got shot till when he had to come up with an explanation (the truth or otherwise) so his first thought after the bullet hit him is really irrelevant.

You'd make a horrible investigator.

Hey...I understand...no big deal. :)

:star: