ESPN latest update--speculation on what happened

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pbthal said:
My only question is what was doing out at 5 AM? They had a saying out in West Texas, nothing good happens to you if you are out past 2 AM

He said they were coming back from Shreveport, LA. From a family vacation / reunion. Shreveport is about a 3 hour drive. Also he said he had missed church the previous week and he didn't want to miss again before leaving for camp. So they were going to go home, change clothes and go to church.

Leaving somewhere at 2 AM, driving at 5 AM is not anything abnormal. I have a few friends, one who bartends weekends. I go to the bar right before closing (so I'm not drinking before we leave), and after she gets everything closed up, cleaned and money counted, we leave for Shreveport. Leave about 3 AM, get there around 6, gamble to noon or so and head back. We never think about leaving at that time in the morning. So I can believe this is the truth. He was wanting to get home aerly, even if he didn't want to go to church. When I lived in San Antonio, and when I would come up here to DFW, I was leaving sometimes at 3 AM.

jimmy40

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Rack, it amazes me about how adamant you are that the guy was out getting drunk, got into a fight, and got shot on the freeway! It really does amaze me.
I'm amazed there could be 500+ posts about a safety that everyone wanted replaced just two days ago.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
My only question is what was doing out at 5 AM? They had a saying out in West Texas, nothing good happens to you if you are out past 2 AM

Couldn't disagree more. I've had lots of good things happen to me after 2AM. ;)

In fact... most of the good things that have happened to me happened after 2 AM. Just don't tell my gf I said that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jimmy40 said:
I'm amazed there could be 500+ posts about a safety that everyone wanted replaced just two days ago.

That's a damn good point!

:) It's all good...