ESPN: Leighton Vander Esch expected to retire in coming weeks

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I forsee Sean Lee, LVE and Dat Nguyen all coaching the linebackers....I also envision all 3 of them car pooling in a Prius, or a bicycle built for 3
:laugh: :laugh:

Could make an entire trainset with the amount of linebackers we've had the last 20 years who showed flashes but were always set back with injuries.

shabazz

Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh:

Could make an entire trainset with the amount of linebackers we've had the last 20 years who showed flashes but were always set back with injuries.
Yeah, we've had some really good ones, but Injury prone.

Maybe it's time to change the way they view linebackers... the Ravens and steelers seem to do a good job with it

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder why it’s still going to take weeks? Is he trying for one last effort to find a doctor that will sign off on him playing?
When you love the game, It's hard to walk away....he'll never play the game again...a game that he has been involved with for about 20 years. Your whole life changes....some can deal with it and others can't. He may drink a little more than he used too and spend all day staring into his phone or tablet bashing the Cowboys or bashing those that bash the Cowboys, sniff, sniff....good luck LVE.

conner01

Reaction score
Probably more like a contract issue. Working out a deal. If a player retires, they need to pay back certain portions of bonus, or signing bonuses.
Of course depends how it is all written.
Isn’t he a free agent?

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Rookie season was special. Health first as other said. Time for us to move on and him to live the rest of his days a millionaire

Big_D

Reaction score
OH boy.. is a Jerry throwing him a parade. Maybe put him in the ROH.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
When you love the game, It's hard to walk away....he'll never play the game again...a game that he has been involved with for about 20 years. Your whole life changes....some can deal with it and others can't. He may drink a little more than he used too and spend all day staring into his phone or tablet bashing the Cowboys or bashing those that bash the Cowboys, sniff, sniff....good luck LVE.
Yeah I certainly don't blame the guy one bit if he is trying to hang on. I took my last snap on a college field knowing it was the end and it was still tough. I can only imagine what its like to go out this way, especially when his stock seemed to be trending upward again.

Adreme

Reaction score
Probably more like a contract issue. Working out a deal. If a player retires, they need to pay back certain portions of bonus, or signing bonuses.
Of course depends how it is all written.
I would think in cases like this though the player has all of the leverage on bonuses as they can simply elect not to retire. They were never be cleared so either ownership pays them their salary to sit injured or cuts them, but either way they can keep all of their bonuses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I always sympathize for guys who gets to achieve their dream and then it gets cut short by injury. Damn good player. Solid career. I’ll never forget how good he was his rookie season. People hate Jaylon but when they both were at high level which wasn’t long it was fun.