Video: ESPN: Marcus Spears - Dak Should leave Dallas go to 49ers

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Add the Colts, but especially the Bucs. Not a lot talk about it but the Bucs-Brady marriage hasn't exactly been what the team expected. Yes, they are winning more but some that's in spite of Brady. They've modified the offense to where he's pretty much calling his own plays.
Great points. I could see both teams being a option.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How many game changers on defense are there in the NFL?

The NFL doesn't want you playing good defense.

The rules are against it.

Who is even the best defensive teams anymore? I seriously couldn't tell you.

We can do everything the right way and still only end up with a defense that is SOLID because the game is built to make them give up yards and points.

The whole Cowboys team is trending down and on top of that we already invested in the team and now we throw a big QB contract on top of our other deals?

Recipe for mediocrity.

Status quo, rookies, and a shrinking cap aren't the answer to me for the Dak Prescott Cowboys.

There's a bunch of game changers. Hell LVE was one his rookie season. That's what I want. I want another LVE except he's actually healthy. I don't care about having the best defense. I want playmakers on defense to generate turnovers or get off the field on 3rd downs. Guys who make plays. I'm not asking for Khalil Mack's. I want some impact players. And Cowboys will have their chance at a few of them in the 1st round who will come right in and be our best player. That's progress.

The game is not built on just give up years and points. Its built on splash plays. You can throw for 500 yards but if you turned the ball over 3 times...you probably lost that game.

I only see a few players worthy of a contract so if the Cowboys get rid of all these guys I could care less. Who the hell am I trying to hold on to? Who is worth holding on to and getting rid of Dak for? Jaylon? Zeke? Amari? Crawford? Naw.......

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Better get paid a lot more from them because those San Fran/Cali taxes will be a lot of money

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Right, anywhere but the Cowboys because this team is a mess. Dak could go to any team in the NFL, name anyone, and he would instantly take them to the SB...no sweat, that is the greatness of his bad self.

Flamma

Reaction score
Romo would've had a ring if he had performed when it mattered most. HIs lack of ring was his own doing.

From my experience watching the playoffs, usually the more talented team wins. Ask Joe Montana. Look at his teams when he got a ring and when he was knocked out. These wins and losses aren't coincidental, he won with a superior team, and often far superior.

Romo's one chance was in 2007. Other than that, it's not easy for any quarterback to go to someone else's stadium and lead his team to a victory over a superior team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
From my experience watching the playoffs, usually the more talented team wins. Ask Joe Montana. Look at his teams when he got a ring and when he was knocked out. These winds and losses aren't coincidental, he won with a superior team, and often far superior.

Romo's one chance was in 2007. Other than that, it's not easy for any quarterback to go to someone else's stadium and lead his team to a victory over a superior team.
I wasn't suggesting it was. But in 2007 he lost to the Giants a much inferior team. Sure he had some help with the Crayton drop but overall it was a piss poor performance by the team lead by a decent showing of Romo. If we are going to sit here and say he's Aaron Rodgers and Drew Bree's then I'd hold him to the same standard as those guys who managed to win championships without stacked teams.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Hell if we got the top pick or a top 2 pick, this would be an option. Trade Dak for their first and 2nd rounder and a pro bowl caliber defender. I might actually do that.

THAT scenario might work out nicely if you can quickly build a top notch D.

Redline360

Reaction score
This team is not a "quarterback" or a "few players" away from being competitive anytime soon. It would be in the best interest of both parties to go separate ways. We need to rebuild the defense which will take several years on its own and would be illogical to dump massive money on a quarterback which only hurts the team in the long run. However this is Jerry's team and he always seems to think we're only a few players away every year.

Hate to see Dak go but would be foolish to keep him hear. If I was Dak I would want to get out of this train wreck asap

starman22

Reaction score
I wasn't suggesting it was. But in 2007 he lost to the Giants a much inferior team. Sure he had some help with the Crayton drop but overall it was a piss poor performance by the team lead by a decent showing of Romo. If we are going to sit here and say he's Aaron Rodgers and Drew Bree's then I'd hold him to the same standard as those guys who managed to win championships without stacked teams.

I must have missed this part.

visionary

Reaction score
Now wouldn’t that be something, Dak goes to the 49’ers and gets a couple rings in the process while beating Dallas a few times (maybe even in the playoffs) along the way thus leaving egg on a lot of Dak haters faces and giving SF the overall lead in Lombardi’s.

I would actually laugh if that happened, especially if it was the last chapter of Jerry’s legacy. Quite fitting.

and this guy wants us to believe he is a Cowboys fan and not a Dak groupie

:facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I must have missed this part.
Yes that's where all the started....saying Romo would've had more rings if........so if we are comparing him to other Super Bowl winning QB's....I guess you could compare him to Eli but even that's not really a fair comparison since he has 2 rings with inferior teams.

starfan1

Reaction score
What? That's stupid. Just let him walk for nothing why would you throw in a draft pick lol? He's not even under contract after this year. Y'all say some crazy stuff on this site lol...

Floaty's post sometimes resemble LeeBairs and sometimes they are good. Guess which category this one falls into

cern

Reaction score
the best coach for the dallas cowboys, imo, would be tony romo. i base this thought solely on what i hear from the broadcast booth and his understanding of the game from both sides of the ball. however, i doubt even jerry and co. could come up with an offer he'd be willing to take.

starman22

Reaction score
Yes that's where all the started....saying Romo would've had more rings if........so if we are comparing him to other Super Bowl winning QB's....I guess you could compare him to Eli but even that's not really a fair comparison since he has 2 rings with inferior teams.

But I thought teams win games. Lots of great QB's never won a Super Bowl. If Marino had a running game he would have had some SB victories. If Eli didn't have some incredible defensive performances in the playoffs, he may not have had any.

All it takes to be considered a great QB is a Super Bowl ring? I'm afraid I have to disagree with that.

cern

Reaction score
Shannahan would be great for his career.

That team is young and hasn't been decimated by big contracts yet either so they can get by for a bit with paying Dak. Championship level though? I think their division is closing in on them quick and Seattle may finally recover from the Wilson deal.
kittle and garoppolo aren't playing for peanuts.