ESPN Mock Draft

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They show us taking Carp in the actual mock page..........

Moderator: The Cowboys are on the clock and we have a question from Scott in Denver ... Hey guys, the Cowboys' most glaring need is probably the safety position opposite Roy Williams. My question: is Jason Allen from Tennessee worth the risk after missing a lot of time last season with an injury? Should they use that pick at No. 18 on him?

Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Some teams still have concerns about Allen's hip, so he might be a gamble. I agree the Cowboys need to upgrade at safety but, for what it's worth, word is they won't take a safety in the first round and will get one a little later. Allen, though, is an intriguing guy because he can play safety and corner.

18. Cowboys
Bobby Carpenter, LB, Ohio State
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones won't be able to pass up another chance to complete the rebuilding of their 3-4 defense. Carpenter's father played for Parcells. Bobby understands what the coach wants.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
They show uis taking Carp..........

Moderator: The Cowboys are on the clock and we have a question from Scott in Denver ... Hey guys, the Cowboys' most glaring need is probably the safety position opposite Roy Williams. My question: is Jason Allen from Tennessee worth the risk after missing a lot of time last season with an injury? Should they use that pick at No. 18 on him?

Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Some teams still have concerns about Allen's hip, so he might be a gamble. I agree the Cowboys need to upgrade at safety but, for what it's worth, word is they won't take a safety in the first round and will get one a little later. Allen, though, is an intriguing guy because he can play safety and corner.

18. Cowboys
John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones won't be able to pass up another chance to complete the rebuilding of their 3-4 defense. Carpenter's father played for Parcells. Bobby understands what the coach wants.

Top right hand corner directly above advertisment for NFL draft guide they have Manny to the boys and myself I would rathe have Manny

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
They show us taking Carp in the actual mock page..........

18. Cowboys

Not on the front page, espn.com has the Cowboys getting Manny Lawson... do you see it on the front of the page?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
leonargized said:
Top right hand corner directly above advertisment for NFL draft guide they have Manny to the boys and myself I would rathe have Manny
I did see that. Just pointing out the difference between mocks.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
:thumbup: :toast2: :bravo: YUP
leonargized said:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RealCowboyfan said:
Not on the front page, espn.com has the Cowboys getting Manny Lawson... do you see it on the front of the page?
Yes I did just pointing out the difference. Did you not see "in the actual mock page"?

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I did see that. Just pointing out the difference between mocks.

Yeah lots of mocks going on these days and they all have a different answer for the Cowboys

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
leonargized said:
Yeah lots of mocks going on these days and they all have a different answer for the Cowboys
Saturday can't get here soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I know everybody knows there is no real mock draft... a mock draft is just based off of opinion that could followed up with some facts but still is an opinion because you never know what a team is thinking in the draft...

I honestly think that Titans is gonna take Vince Young....