ESPN Mosley: Did Jerry just fire Wade?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;1911334 said:
Don't tell theo.
Hey genius, him pointing out that the best team didn't win was part of him taking the blame. He said the more talented team lost and that meant it was the coach's fault.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theogt;1911349 said:
Hey genius, him pointing out that the best team didn't win was part of him taking the blame. He said the more talented team lost and that meant it was the coach's fault.

And he also said that when you outgain them and hold them to fewer yards on defense and still don't win, "That's on coaching".

But never let facts interfere, right?

Boysboy

Reaction score
TonyS;1911324 said:
This is one of the worst things that could've happened and shows that Jerry isn't really committed to Wade at all.

NFL Assistants around the league are screamin for joy in their headsets now that Jerry once again raises the bar on salary.

Stupid Jerry.

Close, but no cigar...

It was DAN SNYDER who pulled this a couple of years ago when he made Gregg Williams and Al Saunders the two high paid assistants in the league.

Nice try...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I think at the bare minimum Wade has to go to the SB to keep his job. Maybe an NFC Championship (aka The Final Four) loss if the Cowboys had a great showing and just lost on some fluke play like "The Catch".

Next year one of the Giants or Jets jobs will be open, and Jerry won't be able to just match money to keep Garrett from going.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1911377 said:
I think at the bare minimum Wade has to go to the SB to keep his job. Maybe an NFC Championship loss if the Cowboys had a great showing and just lost on some fluke play like "The Catch". Next year one of the Giants or Jets jobs will be open, and Jerry won't be able to just match money to keep Garrett.

I think atleast a playoff win and a competitive outing in the next game after that was what was expected this year.

Ironically, the fact that he got them to have the #1 seed and then lose, actually raised the bar even higher to his own detriment.

I think you're right. At least a SB appearance in order to keep his job.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1911349 said:

There was no contrition, only self-serving excuses. And pettily disrespecting your opponent is hardly laudatory. Our "coach" is an amiable doofus detached from reality. Either that or he takes us for fools. Worse, his authority has now been undermined by an equally high-paid subordinate. Other than that he's just swell. Enjoy your 13-win consolation prize. With any luck, Tek's rah-rah videos will keep you numb and gullible till draft day.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1911290 said:
When he brought up the "Elite 8" I immediately remebered MikeW mentioning how Wade isn't a bad guy but he can say some really phenomenally stupid things.

I may be the only one that thinks his comments aren't meant to somehow downplay the playoff loss, but more as a "you're not seeing the forrest because of the trees" kind of comment.

Everyone wants to forget that although we didn't win a playoff game this year that we have made alot of progression overall in Wade's first year as a head coach.

The guys have worked hard and we shouldn't ignore their progress, despite the fact that we (including Wade) realize that the end results pretty much sucked.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
bbgun;1911400 said:
There was no contrition, only self-serving excuses. And pettily disrespecting your opponent is hardly laudatory. Our "coach" is an amiable doofus detached from reality. Either that or he takes us for fools. Worse, his authority has now been undermined by an equally high-paid subordinate. Other than that he's just swell. Enjoy your 13-win consolation prize. With any luck, Tek's rah-rah videos will keep you numb and gullible till draft day.

God, you're like a wet mop to the face.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Faerluna;1911407 said:

Compared to the "Jerry and Wade can do no wrong" crowd (who number in the thousands), I'm a breath of fresh air. Gotta love diversity.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
wade phillips will have a difficult time getting his players to respect him next season.the players know who is in charge and what coach is about to be outta there.even if wade knew garrett would be taking over at some point,wade is the head coach now.how could the team look wade in the eye and take him seriously?just my 2 cents yall will have morale problems next season!!!

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Faerluna;1911402 said:
I may be the only one that thinks his comments aren't meant to somehow downplay the playoff loss, but more as a "you're not seeing the forrest because of the trees" kind of comment

If true, then I'm afraid it's Wade who can't see the forest from the trees. Jerry Jones said himself in training camp that this team will be judged by it's playoff performance. If you don't want high expectations, don't take over a team that just went to the playoffs the year before and considered it failure. Go to a 2-14 team, devoid of talent, and they'll be plenty happy with just the regular season and probably give you 3-5 years before they expect you to make a push in the playoffs. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. Don't happily inherent a roster stocked with Pro Bowlers and then passive aggressively whine that the expectations are too high.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;1911418 said:
Compared to the "Jerry and Wade can do no wrong" crowd (who number in the thousands), I'm a breath of fresh air. Gotta love diversity.
You've become "Joe Fan." It's Joe Fan that wants Wade out and Garrett in.

superpunk

Reaction score
Faerluna;1911407 said:

Glad you spoke up first.

Mine was much more graphic. You kept my infraction-less streak alive.

khiladi

Reaction score
bbgun;1911400 said:

So I guess when Jason makes excuses, then it's OK... like when they lost, he simply stated that every team but one team is left with the same feeling we are experiencing now...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I wanted Jason to stay as much as anyone and have been as vocal as anyone. I may be contradicting myself, but I'm still concerned how this will play out with the team. I don't care what the media says as long as the guys play hard for Wade next year.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1911420 said:
If true, then I'm afraid it's Wade who can't see the forest from the trees.

If you don't want high expectations, don't take over a team that just went to the playoffs the year before and considered it failure. Go to a 2-14 team, devoid of talent, and they'll be plenty happy with a good regular season record and probably give you 3-5 years before they expect you to make a push in the playoffs. But you can't have your cake and eat it too. Don't happily inherent a roster stocked with Pro Bowlers and then complain that the expectations are too high.

When did Wade complain that expectations were too high? He said we lost, it sucked and we should have done better. He also said we made significant improvement from the previous season.

If anyone thinks that he didn't expect more and want more that would be blatant agenda pushing.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i wonder when people are going to finally realize thta Wade is completely disingenuous with the media?

Its been sunshine and roses at every single press conference all year complete with gross rose-colored glasses on the IR.

Now when he does exactly what he has done pretty much all his career with the media and starts blowing smoke up their behinds, people get all in a huff over it.

He is never ever ever going to give the media ammunition. EVER.

That does not mean that he is 'out of touch with reality.'