News: ESPN: NFL appealing Watson's six-game suspension

Reid1boys

Reaction score
This is weird. The NFL is appealing the punishment. I can’t wait to see how they explain the additional 11 games. The arbitrator did a good job explaining why Watson was guilty but also did a good job of explaining his 6 game suspension instead of more.
It’s not gonna be hard as far as they are concerned
Tend. They already stated in the arbitrators ruling, if you read it, that Watson’s behavior was unlike anything the league has ever seen before, thus the reason he needs a season out and not 6 games.

Roger could just say out for season.... deal with it. He needs to provide no explanation. It’s good to be the king.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No. Not at all. Mike Vick is a scumbag for way more than just dog fighting. He should never have played in the NFL again either.
That’s my point...not only did the nfl let him play, fox hired that scumbag to do games.

Flamma

Reaction score
Bottom line is Roger has the authority to do pretty much anything he wants. I fully expect an entire season suspension. Im not positive if they can fine him more than missed game checks to deal with the end around wTsons team did with this year's salary.

I have a question for you. Watson will take this to court after he loses the appeal. What will the judge be looking for? Will he just say, this is the method you all agreed to, live with it? Or will he look into the actual process? Because normally you need new evidence for an appeal. Or will he actually look into the appeal process and how it was handled?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I have a question for you. Watson will take this to court after he loses the appeal. What will the judge be looking for? Will he just say, this is the method you all agreed to, live with it? Or will he look into the actual process? Because normally you need new evidence for an appeal. Or will he actually look into the appeal process and how it was handled?
This is civil and I’m not sure. Criminal appeals don’t appeal actual verdicts, which most people don’t realize.

My understanding is that these judges won’t want to undo a process that both sides agreed to in the cba and Watson will lose.... but, again, this is complex and I honestly have no clue what’s gonna happen. If I was betting, it gets tossed rather quickly.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is civil and I’m not sure. Criminal appeals don’t appeal actual verdicts, which most people don’t realize.

My understanding is that these judges won’t want to undo a process that both sides agreed to in the cba and Watson will lose.... but, again, this is complex and I honestly have no clue what’s gonna happen. If I was betting, it gets tossed rather quickly.

Yes, I too initially thought the same. But did Brady take something to court and a judge ruled in his favor due to ambiguity? I forget the details exactly.

conner01

Reaction score
Ah okay. Thanks for the info. Do all suspensions go through this process?
I don’t think all do
I think just the personal conduct types
The drug related are kinda set in stone but these types I think all do
Ironically since the league can appeal just like the players can it doesn’t really settle anything till the appeal is settled
I suspect he will file a lawsuit. I think this was expected an ironically if he gets a full season it really doesn’t cost him much because his salary this season is peanuts
His salary is 700k this year and 46 mil next
Could be a structure for the team but sure makes you wonder

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Why????????????? The NFL has been trying to get women viewers for decades and along comes this serial women abuser, who visited women masseuses and sexually abused them non-stop and the NFL is backing this sick prick????????

NFL is appealing to make the sentence longer, not appealing to throw out any punishment or discipline. :confused:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, I too initially thought the same. But did Brady take something to court and a judge ruled in his favor due to ambiguity? I forget the details exactly.
Not really...Brady’s stuff kept pushing back, making him eligible. He won early in his appeal and eventually lost. Remember, once a case is in court, the wheels of justice move slow, and Watson will likely be able to play while his case is in the courts. Watson could well play in week 1.
Now that’s assuming it goes to court. The NFL appealed, but roger could quite possible throw out the six games to zero......"......................... bahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.... I thought we could all use a good laugh.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why????????????? The NFL has been trying to get women viewers for decades and along comes this serial women abuser, who visited women masseuses and sexually abused them non-stop and the NFL is backing this sick prick???????? No wonder the league is loaded with nothing but drugies, women abusers, tax cheaters, etc, the NFL welcomes these types with open arms. Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if I flipped a game on in Cleveland and didn't see one woman in the stands since they had the gull to sign the serial abuser to a contract that should be paid out to all the women these piece of crap abused! If there are any decent players left in the league, they would refuse to take the same field if the abuser is on it!

Ok, so all of you that don’t like me due to my condescending attitude... the above post is exhibit number one. This guy is so upset that he posts a paragraph about the league being UPSET with Watson’s suspension, so much so that they are appealing his punishment...smh... yep....ugh.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s not gonna be hard as far as they are concerned
Tend. They already stated in the arbitrators ruling, if you read it, that Watson’s behavior was unlike anything the league has ever seen before, thus the reason he needs a season out and not 6 games.

Roger could just say out for season.... deal with it. He needs to provide no explanation. It’s good to be the king.
Do you think Watson could negotiate a 10 game/12 million fine with the League or is the NFL dug in on the season long suspension?