News: ESPN: NFL appealing Watson's six-game suspension

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Do you think Watson could negotiate a 10 game/12 million fine with the League or is the NFL dug in on the season long suspension?
I heard the league actually proposed something like that and Watson’s side turned them Dow. If I’m Watson, no way in hell am I giving up 12 million. I’ll sit this year, play some golf, travel to Europe and see ya in 23. They did his contract the way they did for a reason.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Do you think Watson could negotiate a 10 game/12 million fine with the League or is the NFL dug in on the season long suspension?
By the way, I think we can all agree roger is spiteful. Watson turned down a deal.... now roger needs no deal...just do what he wants to screw Watson and Cleveland. I can promise roger is not happy Cleveland ensured the league could basically not take Watson’s money.

Lutonio

Reaction score
The judge ruled that Watson violated the NFL’s personal conduct policy in three separate ways. I don’t see how this doesn’t give Roger the power to impose any penalty he wants.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
That’s my point...not only did the nfl let him play, fox hired that scumbag to do games.

I’m not sure what your exact point is but I think I agree with it. The NFL can do what it wants here. I’m sure the NFL will do what it wants here.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
By the way, I think we can all agree roger is spiteful. Watson turned down a deal.... now roger needs no deal...just do what he wants to screw Watson and Cleveland. I can promise roger is not happy Cleveland ensured the league could basically not take Watson’s money.
Is Roger unhappy or the owners are unhappy. I can tell you right now the Ravens owner wants to strangle Harlem for giving Watson that contract. I actually think the Woke mob wants that contract voided along with a 25 games suspension.:laugh::omg:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Is Roger unhappy or the owners are unhappy. I can tell you right now the Ravens owner wants to strangle Harlem for giving Watson that contract. I actually think the Woke mob wants that contract voided along with a 25 games suspension.:laugh::omg:
The owners aren’t happy about the amount of the contract and the fact it is fully guaranteed...they don’t care about the length of any deal. Roger is pissed Watson refused a deal, questioning the kings powers.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree that he should be suspended for longer than 6 games. What I don't understand is why the song and dance of having an arbitrator make a decision only to over ride it. What a waste of time and resources. Why pay an arbitrator to do a job if you're going to dismiss what she says if you don't agree with it.

Anyway I felt as was BS on the league that Ben Roethlisberger got to play again when Ray Rice didn't. But I also feel Watson shouldn't play again or at minimum play this season. I just wish the league was consistent and had some form of logical decision making.
Pretty sure Ray Rice could've played if someone would've signed him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pretty sure Ray Rice could've played if someone would've signed him.
Right. He was just black balled by the league. And arguably deservedly so. Ultimately not enough talent for the baggage he brought.

shabazz

Reaction score
So does this prove that the league doesn't go out of their way to target Cowboys' players (Zeke)?

no…..it proves that the public outcry for abuses against a protected class know as “women”, FORCED them to file this…….if he mere assaulted someone outside the protected class they wouldn’t have appealed it whatsoever

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree that he should be suspended for longer than 6 games. What I don't understand is why the song and dance of having an arbitrator make a decision only to over ride it. What a waste of time and resources. Why pay an arbitrator to do a job if you're going to dismiss what she says if you don't agree with it.

Anyway I felt as was BS on the league that Ben Roethlisberger got to play again when Ray Rice didn't. But I also feel Watson shouldn't play again or at minimum play this season. I just wish the league was consistent and had some form of logical decision making.
The answer probably is to attempt to take the heat off Goodell with arbitrator. And they haven’t totally dismissed . The ruling the league was seeking wasn’t met. And why are appealing.

Ray Rice wasn’t talented enough to deal with the baggage. Big Ben was. That’s ultimately what’s it’s all about.

kskboys

Reaction score
Right. He was just black balled by the league. And arguably deservedly so. Ultimately not enough talent for the baggage he brought.
He was also getting old and was about to hit retirement age anyway. He had his career worst year in 2013 and there was already talk about him being done before the incident. He had a hip flexor injury which robbed him of power and explosiveness. Hip injuries are massive for RB's, and often spell the end.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, to me Mara complaining about the Football Team and the Cowboys "circumventing" the salary cap in 2010 and Goodell punished 2 teams in the same division as Mara shows a bias against the Cowboys and Football Team. Or favoritism to Mara. This situation proves the Commish has an idea in his mind of what he wants as punishment and if an investigator (Zeke) or an arbitrator (Watson) makes a decision he'll over ride it with his original idea. He wastes time and resources.
The league has ample resources to burn in order to protect the shield. And Goodell is acting in the leagues interest. He’s a very expensive Buffer representing the owners to take the heat off of them.

kskboys

Reaction score
The league has ample resources to burn in order to protect the shield. And Goodell is acting in the leagues interest. He’s a very expensive Buffer representing the owners to take the heat off of them.
Not Goodell, the other owners punished Jerry and Snyder because they thought they were bigger than the league. Slap.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I suspect the league doesn’t want him to play until the trial scheduled in the spring . Just in case more damaging evidence surfaces.

And why the one year indefinite suspension is being sought where he has to be reinstated. The worse case scenario for the league would be to allow him to play while trial is still out there .

If Watson could have settled this last case perhaps the league would be prepared to move on but the risk is too vulnerable for them in this upcoming trial.