News: ESPN: Orlovsky ranks the 14 QBs in the playoffs

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

12. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys
This might look low, but Prescott enters the playoffs fresh off the worst season of his career. The ball has just consistently been in the wrong place, and he doesn't seem to be seeing the field clearly. He missed five games earlier in the season, but he still tied for the league lead in interceptions (15). Prescott has been too quick to leave the pocket, too, not putting enough faith in the protection.
But I'll say this: Prescott is nails out there. He has an unwavering mentality, and that can go a long way in the postseason. And his connection with receiver CeeDee Lamb is outstanding.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I wont argue too much with his rankings. I think 1-3 are in a tier of their own, you have a bit of a gap, 4-7 are tier 2, and then another gap for 8-12.

Where you rank each qb within each tier almost feels irrelevant because you're splitting hairs at that point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This might look low, but Prescott enters the playoffs fresh off the worst season of his career. The ball has just consistently been in the wrong place, and he doesn't seem to be seeing the field clearly. He missed five games earlier in the season, but he still tied for the league lead in interceptions (15). Prescott has been too quick to leave the pocket, too, not putting enough faith in the protection.
I don't care about the ranking. Doesn't mean anything. It's like team power polls in midseason. But his comments are spot on. And unless all that changes there is zero percent chance of winning a super bowl with Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't care about the ranking. Doesn't mean anything. It's like team power polls in midseason. But his comments are spot on. And unless all that changes there is zero percent chance of winning a super bowl with Dak.
I don't expect him to have faith in this protection. Not sure why he should.

slick325

Reaction score
Couldn't care less about where Prescott ranks out of this group of QBs whose teams are in the playoffs. All I care about is him protecting the football, being efficient, making the plays he has to make in critical moments and winning.

Prescott can turn that ranking on its head by doing what I wrote. New season starts Monday night.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

But I'll say this: Prescott is nails out there. He has an unwavering mentality, and that can go a long way in the postseason. And his connection with receiver CeeDee Lamb is outstanding.
Solid list, shocked he didn't have Purdy ahead of him. He's played a lot better than Dak the last few weeks. I'd have Lamar down a bit further because he's injured, same with Hurts. Otherwise, can't argue it too much.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s a fair ranking. I just heard Dan on ESPN explain the ranking. In his own words, he said he would have Dak in the top ten of NFL QBs based on his career accomplishments and ability, but his ranking is only for today as these playoffs begin. Whatever we think the various issues are that have caused Dak to struggle this year, especially recently, it’s hard to argue with this ranking if it’s only about right now, entering the playoffs.