News: ESPN: Our NFL QB Council Experts rank the top 10 in 12 skills

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Interesting that they dont even have leadership as one of the categories or clutch play which are two of the most important.

Found it odd that Dak wasnt in there for scrambling ability.

Never seen a QB more of a media darling than Hebert. The guy can do no wrong. They literally have him in the top 5 in scrambling and designed runs. LOL

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting that they dont even have leadership as one of the categories or clutch play which are two of the most important.

What has this great Leader accomplished?
LOL....
Concerning your complaint about the scrambling well he is after all the Lego-Man......:muttley:
P-NFLDAL04-G4LE_hero.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They mentioned leadership under the category "Compete level", so I guess that's where they factored it in

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was a comment in the article I found interesting and mirrors what I have said many times …

The perception of Prescott's accuracy suffers greatly from one or two bizarre misses per game. Aside from those small handful of off-target throws, Prescott is largely an accurate quarterback, particularly with regard to placing the ball away from defenders over the middle of the field. He isn't quite in the elite tier of QB accuracy, but he fits somewhere in the back of the top 10.

He no doubt has a miss or two a game that is just a head scratcher, but I think people tend to take moments that are very noticeable and assume they are typical, and that isn't necessarily the case.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This was a comment in the article I found interesting and mirrors what I have said many times …

The perception of Prescott's accuracy suffers greatly from one or two bizarre misses per game. Aside from those small handful of off-target throws, Prescott is largely an accurate quarterback, particularly with regard to placing the ball away from defenders over the middle of the field. He isn't quite in the elite tier of QB accuracy, but he fits somewhere in the back of the top 10.

He no doubt has a miss or two a game that is just a head scratcher, but I think people tend to take moments that are very noticeable and assume they are typical, and that isn't necessarily the case.
Those plays are when his mechanics fail him.
He is probably about 8 in mechanics (he needs to work them nonstop) but much higher in accuracy IMO as he showed versus Herbert.
Not being top 10 in scrambling ability is pretty wild but likely a result of his injury. Prior to injury he was good for about 300 rush yards and 20 1st down via rush per season. That's hardly Lamar Jackson but that really matters.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
8 to 10 is not an unreasonable spot for Dak. Anything higher than maybe 6 and you have rose colored glasses permanently stapled to you head

You can make a case he should be as low as 12. Anything lower and you have an agenda
I'd argue you are about 1-2 spots too low and the range is more 7-10 as reasonable with 8 about where I'd put him last year coming back off injury.
He made the top 10 on virtually every QB category and really is a top 10 QB by any unbiased eyes.
Any playoff success last year and he would be top 5 on some of these lists IMO.

He is very dependent on form and footwork. He fumbled entirely too much last year.
But he also reads defenses well and can really throw the ball well when his footwork is right.
He'll never be Aaron Rodgers with natural ability nor Tom Brady with unshakeable form but he is a lot better than the average Cowboys fan gives him credit for because they are living in 1990 and think only Super Bowls matter.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What the tape says: There's clinic tape here on Dak Prescott. I love his ability to climb and reset the throwing window, or slide to navigate a muddy pocket. And Prescott will hit the eject button against interior pressure, fading to create a new throwing platform with his shoulders square and eyes up to find an open target. -- Bowen

Tell me you haven't watched Dak play without telling me you haven't watched Dak play.