ESPN Premature Extrapolation and Publication

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
*** UPDATED ***

Looks like ESPN prematurely posted these articles!

-----

A court rules that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension is on hold and has granted a temporary restraining order in the case.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-20535024

-----

Ezekiel Elliott suspension put on hold by court

The NFLPA's request for a temporary restraining order to block the suspension of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has been granted by the Eastern District of Texas.

NFL arbitrator Harold Henderson had upheld the six-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy. The NFLPA's filing called for the court to vacate any suspension of Elliott, accusing the league's appeals process of being "fundamentally unfair" and citing new facts revealed during this week's hearing that wrapped up Thursday.

Elliott can now potentially be allowed to play while the case works its way through the courts.

Full Article: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tt-granted-restraining-order-block-suspension

-----

*** EDIT ***

** Story was linked as breaking news on ESPN.com home page but is now not there so not sure what that means. The article itself still exists. Perhaps they prematurely posted it? A lot of sites write articles before they happen so they are ready at a moment's notice to post it should it happen.

-----

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Wow. Very surprised a judge would make this ruling before Henderson rules. That tells me the judge doesn't like what he sees. I thought they were only asking to rule once Henderson makes a ruling and I thought the league was supposed to file a motion to dismiss. Either they didn't or that got tossed quickly, like on the spot.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dis Gon B Gud

tumblr_inline_omsg9jyvs01rqbhov_250.gif