News: ESPN: Prescott: 'I plan for this to be the golden year'

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ehh.... I think he will be fine. Generational money. At that point say whatever you want. How will be haunted? By internet forums? Lol. Like he gives a rats *** about that stuff
I would hope that he wants to excel and be recognized as great at his craft regardless of how much money he makes.

If he doesn't care about that and only cares about the money then that's fine too. Jerry deserves it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
51glAA2qCNL.jpg

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is one of those quotes that can come back to haunt you if you fail.
Yup. I wish Dak and this entire team would just shut up and show us on the field. I know they have to talk to the media its part of the job. But comments like this. Keep them to yourself.

Remember when Xavier Woods said he doesnt give 100 percent every play? Should have been cut right then and there. Again. Something you may think but shouldnt say.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yup. I wish Dak and this entire team would just shut up and show us on the field. I know they have to talk to the media its part of the job. But comments like this. Keep them to yourself.

Remember when Xavier Woods said he doesnt give 100 percent every play? Should have been cut right then and there. Again. Something you may think but shouldnt say.
I can see it now...

The Cowboys are sitting at 4-7 or something like that, Dak is playing horrible, and the headlines say "The "Golden Year" That Wasn't" or "The "Golden Year" That Turned To Coal".

When you say these things you put unnecessary pressure on you and the team when there was already a lot of pressure to begin with.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I can see it now...

The Cowboys are sitting at 4-7 or something like that, Dak is playing horrible, and the headlines say "The "Golden Year" That Wasn't" or "The "Golden Year" That Turned To Coal".

When you say these things you put unnecessary pressure on you and the team when there was already a lot of pressure to begin with.
Yup. I agree. As much as I despised Garrett I did like his ability to be robotic and divulge no information ever.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
shut your yap. I hate players who talk to much, specially where you don't control your own destiny and btw, if you are not planning for every year to be the golden year, then you are not doing it right to begin with.

just go out. play. shut your mouth. let your play do the talking and when/if you get there, then start yapping.

Motorola

Reaction score

No-win situation (mostly).
If players don't talk at all - they get criticized...and fined.
If they don't talk much - brief, short answers - they get labelled as being insolent, or vocally deficient.
If they use sports cliches = "player-speak'" - THEY GET ROASTED.
If they say what's on their mind, or make a bold statement - they're considered arrogant..
If they're never at a loss for words / always in front of the microphone/ people respond "I'm so sick \ tired of hearing his voice".

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why they bother interviewing players in a press room anymore. It is an antiquated tradition that harkens back to a time when the newspaper and TV/Radio media controlled all the information. The press briefings are so inane that I already know what a player is going to say to any question. We learn nothing we haven't heard 1000x.

I don't criticize players for their answers at these press briefings b/c I know the only point Is to trip them up and start controversy so some news person can make a name for themself.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I hope some day he takes a page out of the Nathan MacKinnon playbook.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The "quote" is taken out of context.

They asked him about turning 29, he said they call it the Golden year. I plan for it to be the golden year, half joking. You guys are pathetic in your hate.
Who calls it the golden year?

I've never heard that 29 is the "golden year"?

I'm glad he was "half joking" at least, because It sure it making a lot of people laugh.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has the toughest job in all sports and Romo didn't get that until Aikman came in to help him out just as Roger had for him when he was a rookie.

He has no choice but to and try answer the questions that reflect best on himself and the team. If he doesn't speak out that he believes they can go all the way, think any other team members will?

He is in a spotlight with the media that no other QB equals and he works for an owner that expects the sizzle be sold at every opportunity, that is part of the contract.

It would be nice if the ones that do not like him cut him a little slack when answering the questions like every other QB is expected to do.

HC's too, what do you think they would say to "hey coach, what's the goal this season"?

Motorola

Reaction score
Who calls it the golden year?

I've never heard that 29 is the "golden year"?

I'm glad he was "half joking" at least, because It sure it making a lot of people laugh.
Actually- it is the "golden birthday"...the birthday when one's numerical age matches that of the day of the month.
Prescott was born on July 29th, 1983 - therefore today he is age 29 on the 29th - that makes it his golden birthday.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Actually- it is the "golden birthday"...the birthday when one's numerical age matches that of the day of the month.
Prescott was born on July 29th, 1983 - therefore today he is age 29 on the 29th - that makes it his golden birthday.
So if you're born on the 1st your golden year would be when you turn 1?

Peaking that early is sad.

Motorola

Reaction score
So if you're born on the 1st your golden year would be when you turn 1?

Peaking that early is sad.
According to the definition - yes.
Now I just read there is a platinum birthday - when one's birthday age matches the birth year.
Example - born in 1960, the platinum birtnday occurs when one turns 60 - year 2020.

Then there is this rare "golden-platinum" combinarion - Brendan Byrnes of Colorado Springs CO, who was(is?) an NCAA diver for Wyoming, turned 21 years old on January 21, 2021.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look Dak, release accurate throws into tight targets and the rest will take care of itself.