ESPN - PTI - Ripping the Cowboys RW Trade

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2339636 said:
we essentially gave up just a 1st

because we had 2 3rds before the trade, Cleveland's which will probably end up being higher than the one we lose to Detroit

I still fail to see how this is a bad move:

TO is happy about it

we improve the O hugely

everyone wins

Detroit got good value for Roy, a little more perhaps, but we had the draft picks to do it, and come out w/ really only losing a 1st

Exactly. Those idiots are clueless. The first round pick hopefully will be a late one, and with all the juniors coming out last year, it would probably yield second round talent anyway. Plus, the fifth is coming back from the Titans.

Most importantly, the Eagles wanted him bad. He hung about 200 yards on them last year in their game. They didn't get him, and Dallas did.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
The above poster was right. ESPN waited all day to get a chance to throw dirt on the Cowboys grave. What does Jerry do, but get the best talent available in a last minute trade. Foiled again. It's almost like they are taking it personally, their hate has gotten so strong.

Go Jerry.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
A few weeks ago they was saying we needed another WR opposite T.O. and now they are against it. :laugh2: HTTR'S

Embrace The Hatred :bow:

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339676 said:
So ... we traded two "starters" who will be rookies next season for a starter who is 26, has been to the Pro Bowl and will help us this season.

I fail to see how that is anything but a positive. Good luck, Detroit, on either of those two "starters" ever making a single Pro Bowl.

so do you agree with the trade then? I feel the Cowboys overpaid based on the value of players in previous trades, not necessarily because we could have gotten two starters out of the picks.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Lets be honest here

We gave up ALOT to get Roy. Alot. A 1st 3rd and 6th? As Schefer said, the Chargers got Chris Chambers for a 2nd. We gave up alot of picks to get Roy.
The question is, is it worth it? We'll see...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
In a way they are right, I feel like we gave up too much due to the fact that we had done nothing to address the situation for so long. It's like going to the grocery store when you're hungry, you end up spending more money than you would have if you had gone with a full stomach.

Air Force One

Reaction score
TheCount;2339834 said:
In a way they are right, I feel like we gave up too much due to the fact that we had done nothing to address the situation for so long. It's like going to the grocery store when you're hungry, you end up spending more money than you would have if you had gone with a full stomach.
and do you know how many times I've gone to the store with a full stomach only to be disappointed late at night because I didn't get anything good?

shoulda grabbed the cheeze puffs
shoulda grabbed some snickers

I'm glad Jerry was hungry

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BaybeeJay;2339813 said:
so do you agree with the trade then?

Absolutely. I've said before that I'd make a trade like that for a top receiver such as Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin.

StylisticS

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2339656 said:
That's because the fools on PTI don't know about what Hostile just posted in another thread:

It's because they are lazy. They don't do their homework. If they see that we have 11 picks in the entire draft, they wouldn't spew such stupidity. And since when has every mid-low first rounder been a starter? The only starters in the NFL from day one are basically the first 10-12 picks most of the time.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
StylisticS;2339999 said:
It's because they are lazy. They don't do their homework. If they see that we have 11 picks in the entire draft, they wouldn't spew such stupidity. And since when has every mid-low first rounder been a starter? The only starters in the NFL from day one are basically the first 10-12 picks most of the time.

And, they want us to lose. It burns them that we did yet something else to improve our team, just when they were ready to bury us.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2339834 said:

we probably gave up more than we should have, but if you look at it in the context of us having the picks to do it...

we're only out a 1st in this next draft, and will still have a higher 3rd than the one we gave to Detroit, and with Jerry's penchant for wheeling and dealing in the draft, we could trade down in the 2nd and recoup that 3rd anyways, might even get a higher one than the one we trade away

pretty smooth, plus we get Roy locked up to a long-term deal

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2340016 said:
we probably gave up more than we should have, but if you look at it in the context of us having the picks to do it...

we're only out a 1st in this next draft, and will still have a higher 3rd than the one we gave to Detroit, and with Jerry's penchant for wheeling and dealing in the draft, we could trade down in the 2nd and recoup that 3rd

Yeah the extra picks definitely help, and it's not like it's the first year we haven't had a pick in the first round. In two years it'll be forgotten.

What I'm really hoping is that this year the scouting and draft guys really do a bang up job, no more Eric Walden's, James Marten's, or Stanbacks please. Let's get quality players that can play.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2340026 said:
Yeah the extra picks definitely help, and it's not like it's the first year we haven't had a pick in the first round. In two years it'll be forgotten.

What I'm really hoping is that this year the scouting and draft guys really do a bang up job, no more Eric Walden's, James Marten's, or Stanbacks please. Let's get quality players that can play.

same here

another reason why the trade makes sense, are we sure to get a 1,000 yard receiver w/ our scouting staff? who hasn't plucked one in the draft...ever

yesfan

Reaction score
Great trade.We have our pick a year early.When we watch the draft we'll
already have our guy.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bob Sacamano;2340016 said:

we're only out a 1st in this next draft, and will still have a higher 3rd than the one we gave to Detroit, and with Jerry's penchant for wheeling and dealing in the draft, we could trade down in the 2nd and recoup that 3rd anyways, might even get a higher one than the one we trade away

Plus we signed him to a long term deal without having to bid for him next year... thus saving more money to sign ware and others to extensions saving us from having to use draft picks on (sometimes) lesser players to replace them.:)

silver

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2339818 said:
Lets be honest here

We gave up ALOT to get Roy. Alot. A 1st 3rd and 6th? As Schefer said, the Chargers got Chris Chambers for a 2nd. We gave up alot of picks to get Roy.
The question is, is it worth it? We'll see...

Well Chambers was 29 at the time and was a 2nd rounder from Miami. Roy went 7th overall and is 3 years younger. Yes we did pay more but we also received better value IMO.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
irishline;2340150 said:
Plus we signed him to a long term deal without having to bid for him next year... thus saving more money to sign ware and others to extensions saving us from having to use draft picks on (sometimes) lesser players to replace them.:)

:hammer: