ESPN - PTI - Ripping the Cowboys RW Trade

silver

Reaction score
TheCount;2340026 said:
Yeah the extra picks definitely help, and it's not like it's the first year we haven't had a pick in the first round. In two years it'll be forgotten.

What I'm really hoping is that this year the scouting and draft guys really do a bang up job, no more Eric Walden's, James Marten's, or Stanbacks please. Let's get quality players that can play.

we've hit on some late gems like cricket and scandrick so not all of them ara bad.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Nobody on ESPN and NFL network likes the trade. That means the trade will work.:laugh2:

Shadowfax

Reaction score
They didn't like the Big trade either. I think that worked out pretty well for Big D.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let one of those bozos come up with a better receiver the Cowboys could have gottne even next year, much less this year.

The fact is that they can't so it won't be mentioned.

The other fact that won't get mentioned is that Dallas still has a bunch of draft picks to add to what is already the league's most talent-laden roster.

But again, this would crush their case against the Cowboys.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Everyone wants to be the "first" to say that the cowboys will implode every year whether it be the excuse of T.O, Pacman, Wade n Garrett, and now the Roy trade. It's so they can say "I told you so" but the thing is that they have been wrong every time and they dont admit it they just act like they said nothing. basically they just keep trying and trying hoping that eventually they will be right. Its why everyone thinks ESPN is a joke and why nobody takes them seriously! Its beyond sad that such a "major" network aint nothing more than a joke!

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
When Tony is putting up 300 yard passing games every week, BSPN will be sniffing RW jock and calling Jerry a genius.

If they can come up with anything to bust on the boys and think the public will buy it, they'll run with it.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
None of this talk matters till we can see what he does in this offense on the field. If he make TO and Crayton better along w/ putting up his own good stats than it was worth it. If he doesn't, than it wasn't.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Apparentely Deion's not too fond of this trade, either! Just caught him on NFLTA ripping the deal...saying they're panicking; called him "lazy"; JJ should've gotten Chad next offseason...THROW IT TO T.O. MORE (this one cracks me up...but has some merit)! I take it Roy won't be over Prime's crib doing any fishing anytime soon (unless he lights it up then he'll be Deion's "boy")!!

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;2341067 said:
Apparentely Deion's not too fond of this trade, either! Just caught him on NFLTA ripping the deal...saying they're panicking; called him "lazy"; JJ should've gotten Chad next offseason...THROW IT TO T.O. MORE (this one cracks me up...but has some merit)! I take it Roy won't be over Prime's crib doing any fishing anytime soon (unless he lights it up then he'll be Deion's "boy")!!

So Crayton will go back to the slot? Sheesh, were gonna have a scary offence.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2341090 said:
So Crayton will go back to the slot? Sheesh, were gonna have a scary offence.
It should be very interesting once all the pieces fall into place...

Aven8

Reaction score
I just saw Shawn King and Floyd Reese talking about the trade on ESPN...these guys are BAFOONS! What the heck has Shawn King ever done???? He said, we need dbs! We'll NO CRAP! There are sooo many teams willing to give up shut down corners at the trade deadline!

These guys are haters.....and the rich just keep getting richer! I love it!

How's that pinky feeling now Tony???

Embrace the hatred!

Rudy

Reaction score
The fact that we still have the Browns 3rd round pick is something all the haters will conveniently overlook. Screw 'em. This deal couldn't have gone better, realistically.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Yeah, if the Eagles would have made the trade, many at ESPN would have put them in the Super Bowl. Donavan McNabb.... blah... blah... blah...

Dallas (a 4-2 team) gives up what very well could be a late 1, 3, and 5, and they are "desperate". By the way, that late first rounder probably will only yield second round talent, and Dallas still has a 3rd round pick. Plus, they get a pick back from Tennessee, and they get to keep the one they were going to have to send to them.

We'll see, won't we.

The Eagles had 2 first round picks to play with, and they blinked. Jerry Jones wins again. In your face, ESPN. :rolleyes:

Dallas is built to win right now, and Roy Williams will fit right in. Leonard Davis was "lazy". We'll, now he is a legit Pro Bowl player.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I love how ESPN is trying to spin this as desperation. Jerry has mentioned for a while now that if he had a chance to add a playmaker opposite of TO he would do it but the opportunity wasnt there.

I love this move.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I agree with them. I think most people are being homers about this move and celebrating it as if we are suddenly going to win the Superbowl. I don't mind acquiring Roy Williams but you have to weigh the costs. I figured most of my bretheren learned from the Joey Galloway incident but apparently not. A 1st and a 4th or 5th is acceptable but a 1st and a 3rd is too much especially when we had a shot at Anquan Boldin since its unlikely the Cardinals are going to give him the lucrative renegotiation he is seeking. Of course Detroit wants us to think that they would have only accepted a 1st and a 3rd but we have heard other teams make similar demands in the past only to accept less. Did we suddenly forget how the Raiders accepted a 4th round pick for Randy Moss. Anything can happen when a player complains and becomes a malcontent. I think we should have showed patience and waited until the end of the season.

Mark my words, if we fail to make the Superbowl this year, a lot of people are going to be criticizing this move especially around April next year and many of you will lament it. There is a reason why most sports journalists are criticizing this move and it's not because of some childish and ill conceived idea that "everyone hates the Cowboys" Sometimes their criticisms are valid.

jcollins28

Reaction score
CATCH17;2339609 said:
They said it would be 2 starters because its a 1st and 3rd.

Uh maybe someone should tell them that Denver used a 3rd on M. Clarrett from OSU. Also this is the Lions drafting. In the last few years they have like a 50/50 shot of their first rounder even making the team let alone start.