ESPN - PTI - Ripping the Cowboys RW Trade

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2341360 said:
I agree with them. I think most people are being homers about this move and celebrating it as if we are suddenly going to win the Superbowl. I don't mind acquiring Roy Williams but you have to weigh the costs. I figured most of my bretheren learned from the Joey Galloway incident but apparently not. A 1st and a 4th or 5th is acceptable but a 1st and a 3rd is too much especially when we had a shot at Anquan Boldin since its unlikely the Cardinals are going to give him the lucrative renegotiation he is seeking. Of course Detroit wants us to think that they would have only accepted a 1st and a 3rd but we have heard other teams make similar demands in the past only to accept less. I think we should have showed patience and waited until the end of the season.

Mark my words, if we fail to make the Superbowl this year, a lot of people are going to be criticizing this move especially around April next year and many of you will lament it.

If we dont make the SB its because we lost these next 4 games. Wait till everyone is healthy again, we'll have the capability of putting up 40+ every game.

But of course Romo might be confused "Who do I throw too?":D

thewivil

Reaction score
TheCount;2339834 said:
In a way they are right, I feel like we gave up too much due to the fact that we had done nothing to address the situation for so long. It's like going to the grocery store when you're hungry, you end up spending more money than you would have if you had gone with a full stomach.

I disagree with this. The coaching staff and Jerry Jones believed we had the talent at the WR position to make up for not having a legitimate #2 receiver coming in. They also believed one of our players would be able to step into that role and be productive.

Obviously, that hasn't been the case as Crayton has been nearly invisible, teams have been double teaming TO and aside from a game or two, Austin hasn't done much.

We thought we had the talent capable at the position. It turns out the management was wrong and they went out and fixed it.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
CATCH17;2339609 said:
They said it would be 2 starters because its a 1st and 3rd.

What they dont realise is this team has 1 or 2 holes.

We filled one of those 2 holes today and got a player that will be here the next 10 years and is better than anyone thats coming out in this draft.

I was saying the same thing when I saw that. Wilbon is a freaking idiot. I would like to see him call some of the guys he calls bums to their face in studio. It would Jim Rome/Jim Everett-2.

kmd24

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2341360 said:
A 1st and a 4th or 5th is acceptable but a 1st and a 3rd is too much

Nitpick much?

This trade was all about utility for the Cowboys. We probably paid too much for RW, but there's no joy in honorable mention. If we're in for a dime, we might as well be in for a dollar.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wilbon == Commander Homer.

Bet he prasied the Shaun Alexander signing. :rolleyes:

I agree, it did seem a bit expensive. It was a good pick up none the less though.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
nyc;2341629 said:
Wilbon == Commander Homer.

Bet he prasied the Shaun Alexander signing. :rolleyes:

I agree, it did seem a bit expensive. It was a good pick up none the less though.

wilbon is actually a chicago homer. he rips the skins more than he praises them.

i'm gonna guess he praised the alexander 'signing' cuz it was a cheap, no risk signing at a position of immediate need and not a 'trade' that cost a ton of picks.

apples and oranges.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
thewivil;2341393 said:
I disagree with this. The coaching staff and Jerry Jones believed we had the talent at the WR position to make up for not having a legitimate #2 receiver coming in. They also believed one of our players would be able to step into that role and be productive.

Obviously, that hasn't been the case as Crayton has been nearly invisible, teams have been double teaming TO and aside from a game or two, Austin hasn't done much.

We thought we had the talent capable at the position. It turns out the management was wrong and they went out and fixed it.

That's what I said. Hoping is not doing, we haven't brought any talent in through the draft in years and when we do, it's a project. They hoped the projects would step up and Hurd has been injured and Austin has come up but still has some work. Stanback is just collecting a check and Crayton is Crayton.

It's not like just last draft was the first time people have said we should address WR.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
riggo;2341651 said:
wilbon is actually a chicago homer. he rips the skins more than he praises them.

i'm gonna guess he praised the alexander 'signing' cuz it was a cheap, no risk signing at a position of immediate need and not a 'trade' that cost a ton of picks.

apples and oranges.

No, Wilbon is a Commanders guy. It's a well known fact. He even admits it on the air.

StylisticS

Reaction score
nyc;2341680 said:
No, Wilbon is a Commanders guy. It's a well known fact. He even admits it on the air.
Yeah he likes to rip the Cowboys. Basically has nothing good to say about them at all ever. He is the epitome of bias and that's only because of the fanbase that sees his columns the most.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
StylisticS;2341717 said:
Yeah he likes to rip the Cowboys. Basically has nothing good to say about them at all ever. He is the epitome of bias and that's only because of the fanbase that sees his columns the most.

He works for ESPN, so thats a given.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
nyc;2341680 said:

Actually, Wilbon is a Chicago guy just like riggo said. He is a Bears fan, but he lives in Washington D.C., and does support the home team here. Regardless, his Washington bias is obvious when it comes to talking about the Cowboys.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2341729 said:
Actually, Wilbon is a Chicago guy just like riggo said. He is a Bears fan, but he lives in Washington D.C., and does support the home team here. Regardless, his Washington bias is obvious when it comes to talking about the Cowboys.

I'm well aware of Wilbon's Chicago ties, but he has a strong Commander bias and an immense hatred of the Cowboys. Of course it doesn't hurt that he works for the Washington Post AND ESPN. It's practically a prerequisite of both institutions.

Tony Kornheiser is a big Commander fan too, but he doesn't hold the level of bias as Wilbon.

Just because he is from Chicago and likes Chicago teams, doesn't mean he isn't a huge Commander fan. I live in NY and there are a TON of Cowboys fans here.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
trust me. i've lived here for over 20 years. i've been reading wilbons columns in the post before anyone knew who he was. hes a bears fan. he supports the skins about as much as you have to to be a columninst for the home town newspaper. no more, no less. i can tell you that i've heard him rip them- mostly deservedly, given their last 15 years of history- far more than he's praised them.

if you think he hates the cowboys, its probably cuz most people who arent cowboy fans do.

most Commanders fans who hear any commentator say one bad thing about the skins thinks they are biased against the skins and skins haters as well.