ESPN ranks Dallas Cowboys roster just outside of top 5

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am surprised they have them that high. Not that they do not deserve to be that high. But because it is ESPN.

This team has more talent than many fans want to admit. However, I will still not get over excited at this point.
In 4 weeks we will see it all start to be put together.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I am surprised they have them that high. Not that they do not deserve to be that high. But because it is ESPN.

This team has more talent than many fans want to admit. However, I will still not get over excited at this point.
In 4 weeks we will see it all start to be put together.
I think they’re trying to upset the fan base somehow. Some ulterior motive probably :thumbup:

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Yup. Offensive line is the issue vs San Francisco while the defense was the issue vs Green Bay. Tyron Smith couldn't hold Nick Bosa for half a second on that 2nd down Zeke run near the goal line.

Hopefully we're rebuilding a better line now. And the defense gets a better coach because it feels like coaching was the main issue vs Green Bay.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He wasn’t but you don’t have the capability to grasp that.

IMG-0503.jpg
You literally are making an argument for the player who sucked in the playoffs against a worse defense to the guy that outplayed him by a mile.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You literally are making an argument for the player who sucked in the playoffs against a worse defense to the guy that outplayed him by a mile.
Stephen’s son would’ve won that game if he was GB’s QB the defense was so awful. Tough winning in the playoffs with a one dimensional offense.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not into power rankings (or whatever you want to call it) especially in the off season. I just want to FF to the end of the season and see how the Cowboys play in the playoffs. 12-5 or 10-7 or whatever record they end up with doesn't matter. We all know what the goal is. Being thought of as a top 10 team and 3rd best in the NFC tells me that unless the wheels come off the whole season comes down to what happens in January as usual.

Motorola

Reaction score
Ranking \ rating season in full effect y'all for the next few weeks.

Cowboys are still a team capable of making the playoffs for a fourth straight year - but some gaps and holes across the roster must be filled by the youth on this team.
3rd and fourth year guys in make-or-break situations, 2023 rookie class (save Aubrey) have to atone for an underwhelming debut season, and the newcomers will be depended to contribute significantly right out of the gate.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Sorry, we're never going anywhere with a QB who can't play well in big games, and the playoffs. I used to like Dak, but his history has shown good teams rattle him somehow and pick 6s follow. I've lost all faith in Dak, MVP stats against crap teams mean nothing if you can't take down even one big dog. If he gets us to the big game this year, then re-sign him, if not adios.

gtb1943

Reaction score
a lot of teams with the best rosters never win it all.
Frankly, a power ranking right now is good for use as toilet paper and nothing else

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Not into power rankings (or whatever you want to call it) especially in the off season. I just want to FF to the end of the season and see how the Cowboys play in the playoffs. 12-5 or 10-7 or whatever record they end up with doesn't matter. We all know what the goal is. Being thought of as a top 10 team and 3rd best in the NFC tells me that unless the wheels come off the whole season comes down to what happens in January as usual.
Playoffs is always a goal, but with 2 rooks on the OL and a highly questionable situation at RB this year, I'm not overly optimistic about playoffs at this point in time, but that could change, we'll see.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playoffs is always a goal, but with 2 rooks on the OL and a highly questionable situation at RB this year, I'm not overly optimistic about playoffs at this point in time, but that could change, we'll see.
At some point this season, the OL will be better than last year. That means better for the playoffs as well.

RB's will be fine if the Cowboys don't bring back that idiotic scheme they used last year.

The ESPN ranking have us as the 3rd best NFC roster and that's probably right. The playoffs are expected.