ESPN ranks Dallas Cowboys roster just outside of top 5

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Sorry, we're never going anywhere with a QB who can't play well in big games, and the playoffs. I used to like Dak, but his history has shown good teams rattle him somehow and pick 6s follow. I've lost all faith in Dak, MVP stats against crap teams mean nothing if you can't take down even one big dog. If he gets us to the big game this year, then re-sign him, if not adios.
28 years of failing QB's? not saying we dont want to upgrade the QB, but your first statement should be "Sorry, we're never going anywhere with a GM who can't see "His Way" doesn't win in the playoffs". Fix that then lets fix the field pieces.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am surprised they have them that high. Not that they do not deserve to be that high. But because it is ESPN.

This team has more talent than many fans want to admit. However, I will still not get over excited at this point.
In 4 weeks we will see it all start to be put together.
They have talent at certain positions. They also have some glaring holes. And depth could be an issue at certain spots.

This seems like a typical Cowboys team under Jerry - Top 10ish talent with a handful of elite/high level players, some glaring holes that could/likely will cost them, etc.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nice to hear that a rookie CB like Carson is doing well. I hope it's not just idle hype. Let's see how it goes in TC. Sounds good, though.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't see it but my guess is they are basing it off last year.
Exactly my friend, it's like getting that Fantasy Football magazine that was published in may, and carrying it in your hand to your FF draft believing that you have everything locked down...lol

BoysForLife

Reaction score
There are fans like Rockport that will always blindly fall for it.
But come playoff time, when Dak has a horrible game and we lose, he'll be blathering on about how Dak has no help and our roster is weak.

Like I said earlier, wants to have it both ways

rambo2

Reaction score
You literally are making an argument for the player who sucked in the playoffs against a worse defense to the guy that outplayed him by a mile.
He sucked so bad he set a team record for passing yards in a playoff game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
At some point this season, the OL will be better than last year. That means better for the playoffs as well.

RB's will be fine if the Cowboys don't bring back that idiotic scheme they used last year.

The ESPN ranking have us as the 3rd best NFC roster and that's probably right. The playoffs are expected.
Guyton gonna make 2nd Team All Pro at LT?
Biadasz was an average C last year. Think a rookie 4th round pick is gonna walk in and be an average starting NFL C?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think that’s about right. When you have an MVP type QB, you can go a long way if the rest of the team and coaches do their part.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...-49ers-chiefs-ravens-jets-lions-micah-parsons
Way overranking us, IMO.

If we're 5th this year, what were we supposed to be last year with Tyron, Biadasz, Pollard, Hankins, and Armstrong?
3rd?

The article called the oline the "X Factor". It's gonna be worse. Get real. Tyron was 2nd Team All Pro last year. The X factor is how much worse.
From the talk of how raw Guyton was, I expected him to sit this year and Tyler to move to LT.
Instead, he's the starter.
And we think we can plug and play a 4th round G at C?
Two most important positions on the oline manned with rookies.
The X Factor is whether this will be a case of growing pains or a full blown debacle.