ESPN ranks Dallas Cowboys roster just outside of top 5

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I am surprised they have them that high. Not that they do not deserve to be that high. But because it is ESPN.

This team has more talent than many fans want to admit. However, I will still not get over excited at this point.
In 4 weeks we will see it all start to be put together.
This team is way closer to the bottom than most want to admit. If 88 gets hurt....this offense is absolutely screwed.
Defensively....Got a bad feeling you are going to see us lose a lot of time of possession battles because Zimmer is a Jerry hire....that loves to be conservative on defense. Hoping teams commit mistakes....bend but don't break defenses is what got Zimmer run out of Minnesota.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
We haven't lost that many key players. Tyron was probably the most important, but he's not exactly Mr. Reliability when it comes to his health (last season was better, yes, but you know what I mean).

So as far as regular season success goes, they should be close to last year.

Just like with post season defeat. :rolleyes:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That ranking seem a bit higher than I would have thought.

Sure, we have a fairly talented team. The DB, TE are well above average. The OL and LB seems well-positioned for a rebuild. The weak link for me is the DL. We lost a lot along the defensive line this offseason.

stiletto

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how high the roster is ranked. The current high profile personnel (insert name) is generally going to disappear come the playoffs. You can pretty much insert any name in there and it would be correct.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dallas has a good defense. But a very questionable run game, A really good possession WR, and a decent WR2. That's top 5?

It's sad because if you build a really good run game, you can go far with any average QB. The looks you get when dropping back to pass are much better. Hell, the Jets went to the AFC title game two years in a row with that. Mark Sanchez was the QB.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But a very questionable run game,
Honestly......this isn't an issue they couldn't fix or improve but it's obvious they intentionally want it average or below par. In other words, there is a difference between building a good running vs just having one. They have chosen the latter coz it appears they aren't interested in helping Dak no more than they have to.