News: ESPN: Romo agrees he needs to do more

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I've been the biggest supporter of Romo over the last few years but I agree with what you're saying. I've also noticed that his performance is dropping and I'm concerned he may be on the down slide of a brilliant yet unproductive (in terms of championships) career.

I'm a supporter of Romo as well.

Sure, he's frustrated me at times. A lot of criticism is undeserved and some of it is deserved.

I really don't know of many fans that don't want Romo to do well. Even the Fans of Hating Jerry root for Romo because he's not Jerry.

Anytime a team is struggling it is almost always due to more than just 1 part going wrong. So while people are happy to point the finger at Callahan or Garrett, they need to point the finger at Romo as well. And those that want to point the finger at Romo, they need to look at Callahan and Garrett.

It's just gotten to the point now where any criticism of Romo is considered to be a 'Romo hater' and some sort of agenda against the guy. Believe me, it is by FAR in the best interests for Cowboys fans for Romo to play well. But, if he's not, then there's no need to try and pretend that it's not happening.

My biggest hope right now is that between that mysterious 'cyst' on his back and having a baby that maybe this washes out in 2014 and he gets rejuvenated. I just have my doubts given his age.

And before we blame the entire organization for Romo not getting a championship, let's remember that he didn't always have the greatest sense of urgency either. He's routinely stated that he doesn't want to be the leader. He stated after the final game at Texas Stadium that his turnovers were what comes with the territory for a big-play QB and he routinely stated that all of this wasn't a big deal because nobody would remember him in 10 years.

It's not all on him. And it's not all on Jerry. And it's not all on Garrett. Lots of things led us to here.

YR

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo always agrees that he needs to do more. No news there.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Cowboys have went 3-3 in the last 6 games. The defense has allowed over 1750 yards in those losses. So of course, Jerry with his astute football mind says Romo needs to do more? :(

lol

Spoken for truth...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm a supporter of Romo as well.

Sure, he's frustrated me at times. A lot of criticism is undeserved and some of it is deserved.

I really don't know of many fans that don't want Romo to do well. Even the Fans of Hating Jerry root for Romo because he's not Jerry.

Anytime a team is struggling it is almost always due to more than just 1 part going wrong. So while people are happy to point the finger at Callahan or Garrett, they need to point the finger at Romo as well. And those that want to point the finger at Romo, they need to look at Callahan and Garrett.

It's just gotten to the point now where any criticism of Romo is considered to be a 'Romo hater' and some sort of agenda against the guy. Believe me, it is by FAR in the best interests for Cowboys fans for Romo to play well. But, if he's not, then there's no need to try and pretend that it's not happening.

My biggest hope right now is that between that mysterious 'cyst' on his back and having a baby that maybe this washes out in 2014 and he gets rejuvenated. I just have my doubts given his age.

And before we blame the entire organization for Romo not getting a championship, let's remember that he didn't always have the greatest sense of urgency either. He's routinely stated that he doesn't want to be the leader. He stated after the final game at Texas Stadium that his turnovers were what comes with the territory for a big-play QB and he routinely stated that all of this wasn't a big deal because nobody would remember him in 10 years.

It's not all on him. And it's not all on Jerry. And it's not all on Garrett. Lots of things led us to here.

YR

He's routinely stated that he doesn't want to be the leader.

Where have you read or heard this?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He's routinely stated that he doesn't want to be the leader.

Where have you read or heard this?

I've heard this more times than I care to. I think the last time I heard it was when Calvin Watkins asked if he was going to be the leader of the offense and he more or less said no and that his job was to be a team player.

I think Sturm put it best once when he said that Romo wants to be the good solider, but doesn't want the leadership role.

I'm sure that part of it is Romo feels like he's the leader one way or the other, but when you say stuff like that teammates start to hear it and it does change their perception.

YR

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I've heard this more times than I care to. I think the last time I heard it was when Calvin Watkins asked if he was going to be the leader of the offense and he more or less said no and that his job was to be a team player.

I think Sturm put it best once when he said that Romo wants to be the good solider, but doesn't want the leadership role.

I'm sure that part of it is Romo feels like he's the leader one way or the other, but when you say stuff like that teammates start to hear it and it does change their perception.

YR

Oh, you heard it from Calvin and Watkins. Well, then it mean nothing unless you can actually post a quote from Romo himself, because I have never heard or read anywhere where Romo said "he did not want to be a leader".

Another hearsay post is all I take it for unless I read where Romo actually said that, not what you think or did hear...that means nothing to me.

Sorry for asking the question.

Carry on...