ESPN Scouts: Cowboys at Steelers Matchup...Steelers (23-20)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The Panch;2461196 said:
I wouldnt put him in the category of Brady or Manning just yet, but he's getting there. Just has to show in the post season for his critics cause he has such a long history of choking in the big games. :rolleyes:

No he hasn't done anything in the postseason. But you can see the talent and the numbers are there in the season.

tomson75;2461199 said:
I read a post by a guy on a steeler thread that estimated that the outcome of a poll of all NFL fans would result in a 70/30 ROLFsberger/Romo choice.

Let's just say I'd be willing to put some money on the table that that, indeed, is not the case.

Ben's got a ring. He's a good QB. Very good. Who would you take over Tony?

The Panch;2461280 said:
True. He's one of the most hated guys there is.

1. He's the QB for the Dallas Cowboys.
2. He's dated Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson and whether intentionally or not, constantly puts himself in the limelight away from the field.
3. He carries himself with an attitude that we find joyable in the form of a child, others find arrogant.

And their excuse is always "He's a choker" blah blah blah.

I'd have trouble taking any QB over Tony. Brady and Manning are better right now only by experience. Manning is the smartest and best QB I've seen since Unitas. But calling plays is not that important anymore. I'd take Romo over them both considering his age and talent.

The Panch

Reaction score
^^^^
I wasnt referring to if you were gonna build a franchise today. I was referring to overall body of work and even when healthy, Brady and Manning are still better than Romo.

dadymat;2461305 said:
Barber/Choice > Parker/Moore
Not really. Barber's not producing at the level he was last year and Parker is actually averaging slightly more ypc, so they're the same.

And Moore has proven himself to be an "alright" back-up this season as well as back in '05. Choice has proven nothing.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dadymat;2461305 said:
Barber/Choice > Parker/Moore

I dont know about that.

they are a better running team we are. I am not sure how well they will run it this week, but they are a better running team than we are.

The passing game is a different story.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
YoMick;2461180 said:
Age, Height & Weight advantage - Rothlisberger

I take offense to you saying that Rothlisberger has the age advantage because he's younger.

I'm 37 and I'm sexier than I've ever been. :laugh2:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
187beatdown;2461334 said:
And Choice is a freaking rookie...

So are Chris Johnson and Steve Slaton. Fortunately for me, I had enough foresight to draft both for my FF team. And I'm sorry, didn't a rookie RB break the single-game rushing mark last year?

You are dismissed.

The Panch

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2461335 said:
Ummmm.........................................what?
Im not saying it's not close like he is, but Parker proved he could have a great season while being asked to shoulder the load. Barber so far has proved he couldnt.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The Panch;2461340 said:
Im not saying it's not close like he is, but Parker proved he could have a great season while being asked to shoulder the load. Barber so far has proved he couldnt.

he has?

he will be a 1000 yard back and have double digit touchdowns plus he is an excellent wr out of the backfield.

i think the steelers are a better running team. They just do it better as a whole, I am not so sure they are better individually.

To say barber has proved he cant shoulder the load is pretty silly. especially when he basically took one for the team and took a beating against TB where they had 8 guys up and he knew he wasnt going anywhere but had to do it.

parker is always injured it seems.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
The Panch;2461317 said:
Not really. Barber's not producing at the level he was last year and Parker is actually averaging slightly more ypc, so they're the same.

And Moore has proven himself to be an "alright" back-up this season as well as back in '05. Choice has proven nothing.

Moore has done nothing so far in his career either but from what ive seen from both id take Choice.....IMO

and Barber is much better than Parker since 2005 they both have averaged around 4.5 per carry but

Barber---42 Tds

Parker---27 Tds

and Parker has been the feature back the last 3 seasons on a " Run First"
team.....so give me Barber

The Panch

Reaction score
^^^^^
Barber has a much better offense around him and came into this league as a short yardage/goal line back even when Julius was the main man, so you cant compare TDs.
theebs;2461343 said:
he has?

he will be a 1000 yard back and have double digit touchdowns plus he is an excellent wr out of the backfield.

i think the steelers are a better running team. They just do it better as a whole, I am not so sure they are better individually.

To say barber has proved he cant shoulder the load is pretty silly. especially when he basically took one for the team and took a beating against TB where they had 8 guys up and he knew he wasnt going anywhere but had to do it.

parker is always injured it seems.

Bottom line is Barber is averaging a yard less per carry than he was last season. You cant say someone who's averaging less than 4 YPC is having a great year and that's what Barber is doing.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The Panch;2461356 said:
^^^^^
Barber has a much better offense around him and came into this league as a short yardage/goal line back even when Julius was the main man, so you cant compare TDs.

Bottom line is Barber is averaging a yard less per carry than he was last season. You cant say someone who's averaging less than 4 YPC is having a great year and that's what Barber is doing.

he is a complete player. he stays on the field all 3 downs. He catches the ball well and runs the ball well.

he has played 3 games without his qb and had the ball taken out of his hand against washington.

you can worry about his ypc all you want. he is a very good back. I would take him over parker.

And the one thing you are not considering is the steelers commitment and emphasis on the run. its what they have always done best.

The Panch

Reaction score
theebs;2461365 said:
he is a complete player. he stays on the field all 3 downs. He catches the ball well and runs the ball well.

he has played 3 games without his qb and had the ball taken out of his hand against washington.

you can worry about his ypc all you want. he is a very good back. I would take him over parker.

And the one thing you are not considering is the steelers commitment and emphasis on the run. its what they have always done best.
Im not trying to downgrade Barber, but he's at his best when he's coming off the bench and Im not in denial of that. The number dont lie and they say he's underperformed in comparison to last year. And the Romo being gone excuses are irrelevant. Barber's performance has been weak the past two weeks with Romo in the lineup against horrible Run Defenses.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
The Panch;2461356 said:
^^^^^

so we cant use Tds to compare RBs? thats how i judge a RBs if can he get it in the endzone.....

not to mention Barber has done his on 350 less carries...........1055-702

Mansta54

Reaction score
Give me MB3 over Parker any day of the week, including this sunday...

superpunk

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Barber is at or near the top of the league in Yards from Scrimmage - rushing and receiving.

He is epic awesome. I'm glad he's our RB.

The Panch

Reaction score
so we cant use Tds to compare RBs? thats how i judge a RBs if can he get it in the endzone.....

not to mention Barber has done his on 350 less carries...........1055-702
So what he does on the other 99 yards of the field means nothing?? Najeh Davenport scored most of the Pittsburgh rushing TDs last year, so does that make him better than Willie Parker??

superpunk;2461391 said:
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Barber is at or near the top of the league in Yards from Scrimmage - rushing and receiving.

He is epic awesome. I'm glad he's our RB.
That is important in this age we live in where it's a pass first league and having versatile backs, but the first priority is what can he do when he rushes. And the fact is, he's struggled most of this year outside of the games against Cleveland, Green Bay, St. Louis and the rematch vs. Washington.

The Panch

Reaction score
Im not putting everything on him cause that overrated line has been getting owned from time to time, but I still see his struggles to carry the load.

Carrying the ball nearly 13 times a game coming off the bench and carrying the ball nearly 19 times a game as a starter is not the same and it's showing in his play. It forces him to not be as aggressive as a runner which takes away from his play and takes away from his performance in the 4th quarter where's averaging 3.5 this season as opposed to 5.1 last season.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
The Panch;2461418 said:
averaging 3.5 this season as opposed to 5.1 last season.

its actually 4.8 to 3.9 and you give more love to the yards per than i do.... Barber could have 1 run for 60 yards sunday and it would change his average alot higher...points and first downs are what matters