ESPN - Should Cowboys sign Ezekiel Elliott to long-term deal?

GenoT

Reaction score
I remember what he didn't do vs the Rams. Refused to run on the edges of their d.
Perhaps play-scheme play-calling was an issue there? Neither you or I would know.

I stand by my previous comment; one player did NOT cost us that game.

Or don’t you recall our D-line, who allowed an injured (admitted to after the playoffs) Gurley and his backup to run for 200+ yards — all day long?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Emmitt had both an elite offense and defense around him in his SB years.

Zeke doesn’t own the entire blame for the Cowboys’ 2018 playoff loss vs the Rams; the majority of our players failed that day.

Btw...have you forgotten Zeke’s 2018 league-leading rushing yardage, which was a major reason why we reached them postseason in the first place?

This

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Perhaps play-scheme play-calling was an issue there? Neither you or I would know.

Or don’t you recall our D-line, who allowed an injured (admitted to after the playoffs) Gurley and his backup to run for 200+ yards — all day long?
That game was lost with the defense. The one game they didn't show up last year.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The Hershel Walker trade comes to mind. But only if we use those picks to secure the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes in 2021.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Coach, it's because you have no point to make with me. I don't care about Elliott vs Emmitt. I have stated no opinion on this at all. I am simply saying that the post that I responded to was incorrect.

Post number 21 I believe, said this:

We were 3-3 without Zeke, hardly a winning record!

We have been without Zeke 7 times since he was drafted. In those 7 games, our record is 3-4, I believe. That's just the fact of the matter. Your opinions on Elliott and 15 million are nothing that I commented on. So you see, there is nothing to explain because I have no part in that conversation.
You are correct, 3-4. I think most people say 3-3 because of his 6 game suspension in 2017. The 4th game was the last reg season game in 2016 that all the starters were out by the 2nd qt.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Media is making this into a bigger issue than it is. There are other guys who should be in this discussion such as Dak, and Cooper but Zeke still has time on his contract. Dead issue.
Too add to this Zeke being a top 5 pick + getting the 5th year means he's currently NUMBER 1 at his position for fully guaranteed money and #3 for total guaranteed.

The media is acting like Zeke is some 7th round bum getting paid peanuts when in reality he's one of the highest paid players at his position.

I don't even think he cares about long term to be honest. If they don't resign him he's a free agent at only 25 years old while his rookie contract paid him top money for his position....... (that's a VERY GOOD scenario for him to be honest)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

I'm refering to Zekes play, we all know about the D.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You are correct, 3-4. I think most people say 3-3 because of his 6 game suspension in 2017. The 4th game was the last reg season game in 2016 that all the starters were out by the 2nd qt.

Correct.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Emmitt had both an elite offense and defense around him in his SB years.

Zeke doesn’t own the entire blame for the Cowboys’ 2018 playoff loss vs the Rams; the majority of our players failed that day.

Btw...have you forgotten Zeke’s 2018 league-leading rushing yardage, which was a major reason why we reached them postseason in the first place?

Did you forget he also had the most rushing attempts in the league? He didn't have many TDs on the ground, he was average in the redzone, and he can't take it the distance.

I want more out of the, supposedly, best back in the league.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Best players don't fold in the playoffs. Emmitt showed up, Zeke didn't.

Yeah but that was different times back then. Emmitt would have struggled the same way Zeke did in that game of today's competition. But zeke also would have shown up back in those emmitt days of competition.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Hershel Walker trade comes to mind. But only if we use those picks to secure the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes in 2021.

"The Cowboys will not extend Dak...the Cowboys will not extend Dak..."

I'd swear some of you guys think if you keep ignoring what's happening it won't actually happen.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
"The Cowboys will not extend Dak...the Cowboys will not extend Dak..."

I'd swear some of you guys think if you keep ignoring what's happening it won't actually happen.
The thread is about Zeke.
HELLO. Every fan has an opinion and/ or plan as to what needs to happen with this team. Just because opinions dont align dont mean they're wrong. So dont be bothered by opinions that you can't control or change.