ESPN: Source: Cowboys consider other options in wake of Johnson's 122-yard gm

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PullMyFinger;2378015 said:
Id take Leftwich out of all of em, and there aint no way Drew comes back.
You're not kidding out Bledsoe. Does anyone remember the Herculoids?

herculoids.jpg

Igoo the Stone Ape can scramble better than Bledsoe.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
dbair1967;2377901 said:
yeah, forget the fact he is an int and fumble machine, and has sucked on the field for several years now

:rolleyes:

Nevermind, I thought you were bashing Bollinger.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

I almost posted that exact youtube vid, Slammin... But I didn't want to look up how to embed it. :)

Seriously, you can see even in that little clip that he sets up a lot quicker and gets rid of the ball quicker.

I have to believe the reason we brought Bollinger in to begin with is that we had doubts about Brad hitting the wall.

The *only* reservation I'd have is that Brad is good at recognizing blitzes, and we know Spanuolo will bring a lot of them... But Brad may be too slow to do anything about it even if he sees it coming.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Does anyone else notice that all of these "breaking" stories from Werder never really say anything. Of course we have considered starting Bollinger. How exactly is this news?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377887 said:
I would just as soon go with Bollinger than to pick up a player who does not know from one min. to the next if even wants to play in the NFL.

I agree. There is not a thing he could do that would help us right now.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Couple of things:

Leftwich = Steelers

Volek = Chargers (After last years playoffs, did you really think he would be available right now?)

Culpepper = For one game, with five days till that game? Why?

Our only real option is Bollinger. I really believe that we at least stand a chance with Bollinger. With Brad, we will not win. This game is not a must win, but certainly would be nice.

WarC

Reaction score
Alexander;2378088 said:
Since when?

Ayuh Volek was signed by the Chargers in February and Leftwich by the Steelers in August.

Thats what I get for not doing my homework before I post. :D

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2378059 said:
Does anyone else notice that all of these "breaking" stories from Werder never really say anything. Of course we have considered starting Bollinger. How exactly is this news?

Bollinger is about as useful as a $3 bill...........

We don't need a Baltimore Raven reject playing QB :lmao2:

There is no one Dallas could sign at this point that would be ready to play by Sunday. Like it or not, Johnson is still the best option for the Giant game.

I say sign Culpepper and after the Giant game release Johnson:)

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
DWhite Fan;2378114 said:
Bollinger is about as useful as a $3 bill...........

We don't need a Baltimore Raven reject playing QB :lmao2:

There is no one Dallas could sign at this point that would be ready to play by Sunday. Like it or not, Johnson is still the best option for the Giant game.

I say sign Culpepper and after the Giant game release Johnson:)

I don't advocate giving the whole game to Bollinger. Instead, give him about 15-20 plays to practice that fit his skill set. Roll outs and some deeper routes mixed in there too. This would help keep NY on it's toes.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;2377977 said:
I hope the fat slug stays retired so we don't have to see his idiotic hand-motion celebration.
The word up here is that he is coming in for a tryout with the QB sorry Chiefs. He is looking for a multiple year deal and that is what has killed some of the interest.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2378045 said:
The *only* reservation I'd have is that Brad is good at recognizing blitzes, and we know Spanuolo will bring a lot of them... But Brad may be too slow to do anything about it even if he sees it coming.

If he reacts similar to the way he did against the Tampa pass rush, the equipment staff better suit him up with some extra protection.

un-depends.jpg

WarC

Reaction score
Wow the chick in that depends pic looks like shes got a nice body.

With a body that nice I could deal with her incontinence!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2378017 said:
The time to bring in another backup was in the offseason, or training camp at the latest. Garrett made his Brad Johnson bed, and now he has to sleep in it. Unfortunately, Garrett's blind loyalty to his good buddy and former teammate, even though it was apparent last training camp he had zilch left in the tank, is going to cost the entire team.
This should call into question anyone thinking that Garrett should be the next head coach.

diekrazy

Reaction score
Kilyin;2377952 said:
I nevar new Culpepper was this gooder! Sign him up quicklike!

[youtube]_IOqjQVi-3w[/youtube]

Cowboyszone now has a tag so you can embed youtube videos.

Please remember to make sure the video does not contain adult images or language.

Man I wasn't ready for that video here at work.....lol

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I did'nt know Brad Johnson only threw for 122 yds., thats just ugly