ESPN: Source: Lions QB Matthew Stafford out with broken bones in back

Techsass

Reaction score
Detroit is a team that I've never liked. I've liked Matthew, Calvin & of course Barry, but something about that team has always bothered me.

ESisback

Reaction score
They are sitting him against the bears.

back problems usually linger and the cowboys are next week.

ModEdit: Proper source link supplied by @viman96 ..
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28048473/source-lions-qb-matthew-stafford-broken-bones-back
Driskel will acclimate against the Bears’ tough defense, and will be ready for us. How much ya wanna bet they’ll STILL be a tough out? Plus, these kind of “nothing” games are often when we lose a vital player to injury.

cowboyed

Reaction score
He'll play. Everyone gets healthy for Dallas game unless they are seriously injured. Playing for the biggest audience you'll get all year is motivation to overlook aches and pains, our take that extra dose to numb it for three hours
He may not play unless he wants to be scattered all over the field after getting hammered by our defensive line.

Zman5

Reaction score
Don't get too excited about this news. Remember what Matt Flynn did to us when Rogers was out? Same with Colt McCoy in 2014.

Don't forget who will be on the sidelines clapping away when we play these teams with backup QBs.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Don’t care he’s hurt, don’t cares he’s not playing and I don’t care what anybody says if Dallas wins. Ok, I care a little he’s got a back injury, get well soon (just not that soon) Matt!

Carson

Reaction score
Don't get too excited about this news. Remember what Matt Flynn did to us when Rogers was out? Same with Colt McCoy in 2014.

Don't forget who will be on the sidelines clapping away when we play these teams with backup QBs.

Ehh not saying it can’t happen. But those defenses were bad

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Back problems always linger, and the older you get, the longer they linger. He may not be ready to play the Cowboys either.
Yep....getting ready to get steamrolled by dlaw, Quinn, and Bennett is not something you look forward to with broken bones in your back.

Creeper

Reaction score
The article doesn't explain what "fractured bones in his back" means but fractured bones to not heal in a week. Depending on where the fracture is located and the severity, Stafford clearly risks aggravating the situation and suffering a far worse injury. The article says doctors shut him down until he has further tests. My guess is they want to determine the exact extent of bone separation, if any, and since he has had this for a long time, if it has gotten any worse since he first began experiencing pain.

The article says he has been playing with the injury for a while, although he has been in pain. So doctors must have found something to make them think the injury is worse now than before. If this is the case, then I don;t see him playing anytime soon.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
yep, as usual the blind Garrett apologists get all the breaks until the playoffs and then it is curtains

Good thing im not one. lol

Ill say this tho, its funny that people like you blame Garrett for every thing, but give him no credit on his team having the 2nd most wins in the nfl since 2016.

I dont think he's a great coach but he isnt a bad one either.

Wizarus

Reaction score
This may be the 3rd backup QB Dallas has faced this season. No excuses.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
Yeah, hes definitely gonna come back to face the Cowboys, who doesn't. They get that magic fix for us man. I wouldn't doubt hes not even injured there just resting him for us lol.