News: ESPN: Source: MRI confirms torn Achilles for Dez

Carson

Reaction score
how does it work and what causes a tear like his ??

I was wanting to see him play for the saints, so its a bummer he didnt get to play at all.
He may be able to come back from it next year.

The problem is, it’s a long recovery. With it being middle of the season, it’ll be tough for him to be signed and ready for camp.

Air Force One

Reaction score
His does rooting for Dez affect our fandom of the cowboys and impact them in any way?
I'm just saying we have our own problems don't need to go looking for other teams' problems too. Like I said I don't wish him ill and I hope he heals with no complications so he doesn't have any chronic pain because of it. Maybe it's just a disconnect between those that get attached to players and those that don't. Although I admit the closest I've gotten is Dak which I can't explain why I just like him but 8f they release him tomorrow it's in the rear view mirror and I want a new better QB.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Wentz was on it, got a ring
Wentz played all but 2 regular season games or so, and certainly put them in that position to get there. Dez didn’t play in one game, so not really a fair comparison IMO. I don’t know the rules though.

ksadler1

Reaction score
The problem is, it’s a long recovery. With it being middle of the season, it’ll be tough for him to be signed and ready for camp.

Not only that, but full recovery can take up to 2 years. Yes, he could be ready for camp next year but he won't be 100% for a long time...

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
achilles-tendon-rupture.jpg

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm just saying we have our own problems don't need to go looking for other teams' problems too. Like I said I don't wish him ill and I hope he heals with no complications so he doesn't have any chronic pain because of it. Maybe it's just a disconnect between those that get attached to players and those that don't. Although I admit the closest I've gotten is Dak which I can't explain why I just like him but 8f they release him tomorrow it's in the rear view mirror and I want a new better QB.
An openly honest insight.

+1 points awarded fer' openly honest insights of true team fandom displayed in an " devil may care cuz' I don't " fashion.:thumbup:

:clap::dance::clap:

:starspin:o_O:starspin:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I'm legitimately bummed for Dez

I thought Dez got screwed after being cut so late in free agency.

Then XM/Sirius had that ridiculous out-of-context quote from Stephen Jones that Dez reacted too. I thought Dez's reaction was fine b/c I would have felt just like he did if I'd heard it the way it was presented

Then he passes on a few offers. Dez didn't care about the pay, and was OK being a #2 or #3 WR. I think he was dead set on wanting a shot at a Super Bowl

Dez, July 27: "I would take 500yds 5 TD and a Super Bowl any day"

SO he gets his shot with a good team...and then this. That just sucks

_sturt_

Reaction score
Sad for him, I really am.

Sad for me, too, because I was ready to adopt the Saints as my alternative team for the playoffs.

Now, it's Cowboys or bust. :D

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
It will be interesting if Bryant usual social media commentary surfaces if the Saints win the title. Certainly, he should boast about being on a Super Bowl winning roster if New Orleans wins out but he cannot say very much beyond that without making himself look extremely silly.

Just let your disdain for Dez shine fully - don't hold back. As IF Dez would actually lay down any braggadocio regarding the Saints should they ultimately prevail this season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It will be interesting if Bryant usual social media commentary surfaces if the Saints win the title. Certainly, he should boast about being on a Super Bowl winning roster if New Orleans wins out but he cannot say very much beyond that without making himself look extremely silly.

Dez will clown himself if he ever mentions such a ring. He never played a snap for the Saints.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Tough way to end a career. Wish he would have taken the $21 million 3 year contract he was offered by the Ravens.
that's the contract I keep looking back to how in the world could he have turn that down unbelievable by the way how much was the contract he just signed for?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
that's the contract I keep looking back to how in the world could he have turn that down unbelievable by the way how much was the contract he just signed for?

Dez’s contract with the Saints was for only $600k. He passed up a lot of money by turning down the Ravens’ offer earlier in the year.