Recommended ESPN: Sources: Dallas' Irving faces possible suspension

CCBoy

Reaction score
In this case, no good reason.

I’m fine with the position that rules need to be followed, however misguided they may be. But it’s a huge stretch to suggest that a rule against smoking weed is a reasonable basis for taking away a guy’s livelihood.

If I am putting life and limb on the line next to a jerk, character matters to me. It should to Jerry as well. I am tired of watching the 'team' ride out cost and investments ad infinitum for lost and likely lost leeches. Play football and invest strongly on those dedicated to ride out bell curves of sacrifices.

CWR

Reaction score
Ok what is your job that involves you getting holes on your brain? That’s essentially like getting in a vehicular car crash every week....what is this job you speak of?

No one asked for your sympathy lol. I’m well aware you don’t sympathize with these guys...why should you? Some people can’t sympathize with what they can’t relate to.

Im speaking of firefighters, police, military ect. While some of those dont take a constant pounding I can assure you firemen do. Point is many willingly walk into jobs knowing their health and well being will be put to task, and for much less. I can relate to job related health issues, but I cant relate to not showing up for my job and letting down those that believe and depend on me.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
If I am putting life and limb on the line next to a jerk, character matters to me. It should to Jerry as well. I am tired of watching the 'team' ride out cost and investments ad infinitum for lost and likely lost leeches. Play football and invest strongly on those dedicated to ride out bell curves of sacrifices.
Great post!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Potentially? I potentially risk everything every shift. Also without a pay raise in a decade, plus I can pass a piss test. Im sorry he wont get much sympathy from me.
Well you sure get sympathy from me...
Risk everything and no raise in a decade? Woof.

Reactions: CWR

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
[
Im speaking of firefighters, police, military ect. While some of those dont take a constant pounding I can assure you firemen do. Point is many willingly walk into jobs knowing their health and well being will be put to task, and for much less. I can relate to job related health issues, but I cant relate to not showing up for my job and letting down those that believe and depend on me.

So you don’t sympathize with the military or firefighters either?

CWR

Reaction score
[

So you don’t sympathize with the military or firefighters either?

Of course I do? See my original response to your post. This is all about your saying they bash thier brians out for our pleasure. Im simply pointing out they arent unique in that respect. There are many professions that are hard on the body. They are however unique in how they are compensated. I dont wish harm on any of them but I won't feel guilty for enjoying the sport. They live a blessed life.

CWR

Reaction score
Well you sure get sympathy from me...
Risk everything and no raise in a decade? Woof.

Thanks buddy, and I cant toke lol. Actually the citizens of H town voted to give me a 30% raise in November. However, the mayor didn't like the results of the vote so hes suing my union to not pay. Just so you know your vote counts for crap. Lol

Corso

Reaction score
Thanks buddy, and I cant toke lol. Actually the citizens of H town voted to give me a 30% raise in November. However, the mayor didn't like the results of the vote so hes suing my union to not pay. Just so you know your vote counts for crap. Lol
Awful. That just absolutely stinks.

Reactions: CWR

JayFord

Reaction score
I hope he’s not suspended but if he does it’s about as surprising as it was when I got suspended for putting my underwear in the work fridge

Corso

Reaction score
I hope he’s not suspended but if he does it’s about as surprising as it was when I got suspended for putting my underwear in the work fridge
What?! But... it feels so good and increases productivity!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Smoking weed isn't stupid. The NFL fans that don't understand that the NFL is a political money making ***** are the ones who are stupid. I for one am happy that there are guys out there that don't allow $ to get in the way of how they chose to live their lives. Their lives, don't forget that.
True.......it was his choice so I don’t feel sorry for him at all.

Don’t smoke weed and make millions of dollars with financial security for you and your family.

Smoke weed and piss your career and money away.

Like you said, his choice, his life.

Corso

Reaction score
True.......it was his choice so I don’t feel sorry for him at all.

Don’t smoke weed and make millions of dollars with financial security for you and your family.

Smoke weed and piss your career and money away.

Like you said, his choice, his life.
With the money he's already made, all he needs is a good financial adviser who will invest and schedule a monthly stipend for him to live off of.
Live within his means and use that person to the hilt and he'll be just fine, even with his habit.
My 1st big check was 6 figures, but low-mid 6 figures. I was able to live for 5 years without a day job off of my stipend (a mid four-figure monthly) extremely comfortably and my investments didn't suffer until my next big check. Now everything is easy.
These things can happen, but unfortunately he has already shown he doesn't have a great amount of self-discipline...

And weed isn't that expensive... but I smoke through an ounce of medical grade about every 4 months. I'm not what you would call a true stoner, but a bowl a day keeps the doctor away, so to speak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course I do? See my original response to your post. This is all about your saying they bash thier brians out for our pleasure. Im simply pointing out they arent unique in that respect. There are many professions that are hard on the body. They are however unique in how they are compensated. I dont wish harm on any of them but I won't feel guilty for enjoying the sport. They live a blessed life.
Actually it started from you saying you risk it all at your job. I sympathize with all of these guys. NFL players, teachers, police.........

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Of course there are rules. They are suspended and rightfully so. That's not my argument. IT just rubs me the wrong way calling these guys idiots without knowing the full story. May be they don't love football. May be they truly can't quit. Maybe there is something mental there.....I Don't know the story to judge these guys.

I've met many people dealing with withdrawal symptoms from their addictions to drugs like meth and heroin. I can't say I ever met anyone who was physically sick because they haven't smoked a joint in a few days. Marijuana doesn't have the same addicting qualities as other drugs.

Granted, I'm not qualified say it with certainty, but I have my own experience to fall back on. I've never met a single person who was sick from a lack of marijuana, it was always something much worse.

My point in this is I have no idea if those guys have issues they're dealing with. Normally, those issues are physical, not mental. Some people just like to smoke weed and will do it every time they get the chance. I think this is probably the case with these athletes. Rickey Williams is / was a prime example - the dude loved smoking pot and refused to give it up. There was no other reason.

CWR

Reaction score
Actually it started from you saying you risk it all at your job. I sympathize with all of these guys. NFL players, teachers, police.........

Lol ok, well I first responded because of your comment on bashing in brains. Don't get me wrong Ive got the utmost respect for the players. However, this newer generation goes into it eyes wide open. At a certain point you have to decide if its worth the money and if you can be one of the lucky ones to avoid long term effects. I don't wish injury on anybody.

BigD_95

Reaction score
How many more victims of CTE do you have to witness in order for you to think it’s not overblown? Junior Seau and Chris Henry wasn’t enough?

And I sympathize with all people who risk their lives everyday. They aren’t valued enough in this society as proof by your post.

Then stop watching the NFL and supporting it. Stop buying the gear and coming on NFL message boards. Shut football down in America because its too dangerous.